LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 225 users in the forums

Sing on KNBR "change at RG"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • NY9er
  • Veteran
Imagine we draft two O linemen in next years first round? have a strong Oline, Nate davis throwing to crabtree, morgan and v davis....... with gore running we will be a dynamic O
Here's my guess:

Paris - Ayers - Quillan - Cross - Fahnhorst

... ... ...
I think I've come to the conclusion that swapping anyone on our line is stupid. Wragge already had his run last year and lost his job. We've tried Synder at G many times and he is much better at tackle (which isn't saying much). The reality is, the guys we have starting are probably the best we have pure talent wise. I would bet my bottom dollar (last dollar) that at the root of our problems is the OL coaching.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I think I've come to the conclusion that swapping anyone on our line is stupid. Wragge already had his run last year and lost his job. We've tried Synder at G many times and he is much better at tackle (which isn't saying much). The reality is, the guys we have starting are probably the best we have pure talent wise. I would bet my bottom dollar (last dollar) that at the root of our problems is the OL coaching.

Based on what I've seen.

Snyder > Pashos at RT. Pashos is not improving.
Wragge > Rachal right now at this point in time. Based on past observations.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Based on what I've seen.

Snyder > Pashos at RT. Pashos is not improving.
Wragge > Rachal right now at this point in time. Based on past observations.

Yeah, but the same thing could of been said at the middle of last year when they sent in Rachal and he played well above Wragge and everyone was cheering the move like Sing was a genius.

So the question is, is it more productive to let him work through it and keep the continuity or make more changes and start over again? I'm thinking continuity is more important at this time. We are never going to be good if we keep changing everything at ever sign of trouble (OC, QB, OL...you name it)

I guess what I'm saying is it's pretty obvious Wragge is not the future, while Rachal ,though struggling this year, likely is. Just play him and let him learn. I mean we are talking about Wragge as his replacement. It's not like we have the next Larry Allen waiting in the wings. The only way I would change my mind is if coaches see that Chilo really doesn't care, but that is something we really wouldn't know.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 13, 2009 at 21:40:03 ]
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NY9er:
Imagine we draft two O linemen in next years first round? have a strong Oline, Nate davis throwing to crabtree, morgan and v davis....... with gore running we will be a dynamic O

This.
Rachal's in a funk...but, he's still young. Remember, he came out of USC after his Jr season. As for coaching, Foerster's pretty well respected. Wragge's the man...put him at RG, no need to move Baas. Tony can adjust...you learn to do that when you play multiple positions. I'd have absolutely no problem if we took top OL with our two 1st rounders next year...we've got to improve there and you do that with better players and solid coaching.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Rachal's in a funk...but, he's still young. Remember, he came out of USC after his Jr season. As for coaching, Foerster's pretty well respected. Wragge's the man...put him at RG, no need to move Baas. Tony can adjust...you learn to do that when you play multiple positions. I'd have absolutely no problem if we took top OL with our two 1st rounders next year...we've got to improve there and you do that with better players and solid coaching.

I just hope Chilo is not going to be a bust! Did you see how good Smiley looked on Monday Night Football?
Originally posted by contrarios:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

I just hope Chilo is not going to be a bust! Did you see how good Smiley looked on Monday Night Football?

I saw him. He looked like a beast!
Share 49ersWebzone