There are 131 users in the forums

What changes should be made during the bye

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What changes should be made during the bye

Originally posted by singfan:
Originally posted by Mex49:
It was this time last year that when one coach was fired and another was promoted.

The one thing much of the Zone loved to credit for our late season revival was Singletary's ability to make the long over due changes that the Zone thought Nolan was incapable of making.

Will the Sing nut loving continue if our team comes off this bye week like business as usual with no big changes.

Personally, if i can call 95% of our Offensive plays just before the snap like I have been able to do this season, I think we can expect an 8-8 season which is a FAIL of the highest order.

What happens if we come back from the bye week and we find ourselves 3-3?

Sing will drag Shaun Hill, with a backwards 49er shirt on, in front of the media at his next press conference to apologize for his bad play. That isn't called creating accountability, that is called scapegoating.

Scapegoat: a person or group made to bear the blame for others or to suffer in their place.

Remember that Dre went to Coach Singletary in the morning to apologize. Coach Singletary didn't force him to go on at all. Dre made that choice himself.

You are insinuating that Coach forcibly put Dre "up on blasts"...absolutely absurd.

This incident exemplifies what Sing has built which ironically enough you bring up and try to minimize: Accountability. Dre made himself accountable because he deeply respected what Coach is building here at 49er land.

Sad, again, just sad...

On another note, there's a buzz out there in media land that this apology from Dre was long overdue by players who think they are above the team and their mission.

The fans want more of this. I have more respect now for Bly than before. It took guts and character.

[ Edited by ninertico on Oct 13, 2009 at 10:36:17 ]
trade for vick...................................just joking
Originally posted by ninertico:
It was this time last year that when one coach was fired and another was promoted.

The one thing much of the Zone loved to credit for our late season revival was Singletary's ability to make the long over due changes that the Zone thought Nolan was incapable of making.

Will the Sing nut loving continue if our team comes off this bye week like business as usual with no big changes.

Personally, if i can call 95% of our Offensive plays just before the snap like I have been able to do this season, I think we can expect an 8-8 season which is a FAIL of the highest order.

Sing will drag Shaun Hill, with a backwards 49er shirt on, in front of the media at his next press conference to apologize for his bad play. That isn't called creating accountability, that is called scapegoating.

Scapegoat: a person or group made to bear the blame for others or to suffer in their place.

Remember that Dre went to Coach Singletary in the morning to apologize. Coach Singletary didn't force him to go on at all. Dre made that choice himself.

You are insinuating that Coach forcibly put Dre "up on blasts"...absolutely absurd.

This incident exemplifies what Sing has built which ironically enough you bring up and try to minimize: Accountability. Dre made himself accountable because he deeply respected what Coach is building here at 49er land.

Sad, again, just sad...

On another note, there's a buzz out there in media land that this apology from Dre was long overdue by players who think they are above the team and their mission.

The fans want more of this. I have more respect now for Bly than before. It took guts and character.

Nah, Sing got called out by a reporter for bringing Bly in there. Thank goodness the reporter had the sense to ask the question that many were thinking. Sing tried to dance around it. Bly could have issued an apology on his own to reporters. What happened yesterday was simply an attempt at deflection and assignment of blame. Also, if you're going to bring a guy up to speak in front of reporters, you better make sure that he is not disrespecting your franchise by wearing his 49er shirt inside out. I suspect that was Bly's way of delivering a message.

Listen, Sing even said it himself after the game. it wasn't the physical aspect of the game that got them, they got outsmarted. This is not going to change against good teams. We need some brain power in there. That is why the firing of Martz and the hiring of Raye was so ridiculous. We are cavemen. Had Sing been able to properly assess his own abilities, he could have stuck to what he knows best, and left the heavy lifting to those more qualified. Now, we will be stuck looking for another coordinator in the offseason. That coordinator will be difficult to find because Sing will be a major obstacle to overcome.

I suspect that we will just ultimately blame the QB and start this rebuilding project all over again next year.

Or we can bring in Shanahan and start balling.
Originally posted by 9ermj:
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Originally posted by TheCatch:
Originally posted by 9ermj:
Originally posted by sden49:
This o-line is terrible. Game plan all you want it doesn't matter. Until the o-line is fixed it doesn't matter who the qb, running back or wide recievers are. Bad o-line = bad offence.

For all my rants against Hill and how completely void of talent or anything resembling an NFL QB he is , not he or anyone else can do much with the way the O line is going right now. You would have thought by now the O line would be something. At some point pretty soon it's either the O line is just no good as a group, or the individual guys suck , or the O line coach has his head up his A... maybe all of the above

I believe part of the terrible O-line play is because of Hill's weak arm. All teams do is stack the box, looking for a 10 yard INT. If Hill had a cannon, they would respect that, and play back a little for some breathing room. Our O is shut down way too easily, and the secret is out. If they blitz, Hill cant get the ball to the receiver left open.

You are blaming Hill for the O-line's non-ability to give him more than 2 seconds to throw the ball, that might be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Ok , since this is all speculative, would Hill be as good as Eli Manning if he were on the Giants? Tom Brady, Philip Rivers , Ben Rothlesberger, How about Matt Schaub if you answered yes to any of these you are fooling yourself , because your implication is Hill is good and it's all on the O line, I don't disagree the O Line stinks but so does Hill , one one thousand two one thousand

We would never know, Hill doesn't play on a team that can give him any time to throw...Hill is good if he can get time to throw, and my implication is that no QB would be good with that O-line, not that Hill would be a top tier QB on another team, we don't know how good he could be because he doesn't have time. Go and watch video of the great QB's in the league this year, they get 5-6 seconds to throw most of the time. Just saying.

[ Edited by MSteitz468 on Oct 13, 2009 at 11:01:45 ]

Sad, again, just sad...

Nah, Sing got called out by a reporter for bringing Bly in there. Thank goodness the reporter had the sense to ask the question that many were thinking. Sing tried to dance around it. Bly could have issued an apology on his own to reporters. What happened yesterday was simply an attempt at deflection and assignment of blame. Also, if you're going to bring a guy up to speak in front of reporters, you better make sure that he is not disrespecting your franchise by wearing his 49er shirt inside out. I suspect that was Bly's way of delivering a message.

Listen, Sing even said it himself after the game. it wasn't the physical aspect of the game that got them, they got outsmarted. This is not going to change against good teams. We need some brain power in there. That is why the firing of Martz and the hiring of Raye was so ridiculous. We are cavemen. Had Sing been able to properly assess his own abilities, he could have stuck to what he knows best, and left the heavy lifting to those more qualified. Now, we will be stuck looking for another coordinator in the offseason. That coordinator will be difficult to find because Sing will be a major obstacle to overcome.

I suspect that we will just ultimately blame the QB and start this rebuilding project all over again next year.

That's not fair because Sing has made neccessary changes before. I know he said they got outsmarted, but admitting that is a step in the right direction man. Nolan would never have admitted that. Give Sing a shot to see if he can fix the offense by getting everyone to get a better game plan together, or making a change at OC.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for blm7754.
Why is everybody complaining about S. Hill? With the exception of the Falcons game, he has done quite well this season. Before this week he only had one interception. ONE! Thats great if you ask me. He has been able to win some games for us when our run game wasn't working.

People need to wake up to the fact that we are not going to have stellar QB play anytime soon. Hill is doing fine, but he isn't an elite QB. So stop expecting elite play and just be happy with decent.

The real problem is the offensive line. I thought we had the players to field a great OL this season. They have been below average all season. The right side of the OL needs to be reevaluated.
I wouldn't bench Hill just yet but if I'm Singletary, I keep Hill on a short leash with Smith ready in the wings. After all, Sing did say during the off-season that competition at the quarterback position could and would continue into the regular season if need be. Not to mention that Crabtree is only catching passes from Smith right now.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Sad, again, just sad...

That's not fair because Sing has made neccessary changes before. I know he said they got outsmarted, but admitting that is a step in the right direction man. Nolan would never have admitted that. Give Sing a shot to see if he can fix the offense by getting everyone to get a better game plan together, or making a change at OC.

Sing is the reason for this offensive philosophy. We have Raye because of Sing. Sing would have to have a complete reversal in thinking to change this up. I simply do not see that happening. He strikes me as a guy that thinks he has it all figured out and is determined to bash his head against a wall as many times as necessary to prove himself correct. He had a good thing going when he wasn't trying to dictate offensive philosophy. The thing about Martz was that he had the ability to both cater to Sing, and open it up when necessary. Raye doesn't have that creative ability. We are what we are. We have been able to slide by during the first part of the season because we play in such a poor division.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Why is everybody complaining about S. Hill? With the exception of the Falcons game, he has done quite well this season. Before this week he only had one interception. ONE! Thats great if you ask me. He has been able to win some games for us when our run game wasn't working.

People need to wake up to the fact that we are not going to have stellar QB play anytime soon. Hill is doing fine, but he isn't an elite QB. So stop expecting elite play and just be happy with decent.

The real problem is the offensive line. I thought we had the players to field a great OL this season. They have been below average all season. The right side of the OL needs to be reevaluated.

Touche!
This is a crucial bye week for our lovely 49ers. They must not only regroup, but they must re-instill the mentality of a tough Defense first.

Changes to expect:

1. Offensive Line switched up:
LT STALEY
LG BAAS
C HEITMAN
RG SNYDER
RT PASHOS

2. No more 8 in the box on third downs:
The standing bull rush on 3rd down only gets us in trouble, especially from the opponents own 10 yard line, and still able to get 90 yards on a TD.

3. Must Preach to stay aggressive, but contain the aggression
No more stupid penalities, facemaskes, and 75 YARD CELEBRATION ATTEMPTS!

4. Will a Real Returner please stand up?
Will it be battle, Walker, Spurlock...from what im hearing Spurlock may get the PR duties.

5. Safeties: With injuries in the secondary, reggie smith - Michael Lewis, Roman needs to step up, but the 49ers may view the possibility of trading for a backup safety, if Lewis has to go to the IR.

6. Coaching: Sing is very motivational, but more pre-game prep has to be instilled to his players, and his assistants must wake up and feel his intensity.

thank you.

Nah, Sing got called out by a reporter for bringing Bly in there. Thank goodness the reporter had the sense to ask the question that many were thinking. Sing tried to dance around it.

Sing didn't dance around it....he faced it head on and direct.

Bly could have issued an apology on his own to reporters. What happened yesterday was simply an attempt at deflection and assignment of blame.

Again, that is scapegoating which is instigated in your interpretation by Coach Sing. Bly started it and took the "bull-by-the-horns" approach in apologizing to Coach S in the morning followed by their mutual agreement that Bly address the media. Therefore, your interpretation doesn't fit with the scapegoat definition.

Also, if you're going to bring a guy up to speak in front of reporters, you better make sure that he is not disrespecting your franchise by wearing his 49er shirt inside out. I suspect that was Bly's way of delivering a message.

Total BS and speculative. You have no idea what Bly was thinkin' or doing by having his shirt inside out. That's soooo reaching for empty jars of validation.

Listen, Sing even said it himself after the game. it wasn't the physical aspect of the game that got them, they got outsmarted.

True, they were not prepared as Coach said. He didn't say outsmarted. That will change. They underestimated Atlanta and it showed. This, however, is but one part of many that lead to this atrocious game. It is not just the coaches and you know it.

This is not going to change against good teams. We need some brain power in there. That is why the firing of Martz and the hiring of Raye was so ridiculous.

You and I have no common frame of reference concerning the change against good teams. The two we faced this year Minny and Atlanta approached us differently. Sure we didn't run up yards against Minny, but when we needed to we scored. Heck, Hill brought them back...Raye's offense, right? Then, we get the flip side of horrid on Sunday against the Falcons. Now that we have lost embarrassingly, let's see how Houston turns out. More importantly, let's see how Indy turns out because that will be a better indicator, correct?

We are cavemen. Had Sing been able to properly assess his own abilities, he could have stuck to what he knows best, and left the heavy lifting to those more qualified. Now, we will be stuck looking for another coordinator in the offseason. That coordinator will be difficult to find because Sing will be a major obstacle to overcome.

If memory serves, we were more successful on offense when Singletary implemented his style of play as opposed to Martz's after benching JTO and running a more controlled offense. When the players execute the plays that are being called, we have success. Sure, Raye's offense is conservative, but what can you do with the OL performance the way it is.

Again, you make me

This is Coach Singletary's team whether you like it or not!

[ Edited by ninertico on Oct 13, 2009 at 11:43:59 ]

Sabrason, is that you?
Originally posted by blm7754:

Originally posted by D_Niner:
The O-Line has been the week spot for 5 games now. Somethings got to change... I say mix up the line.

THIS
Originally posted by stewama:
Look, this is a team built...with an offense designed to run the ball...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaahahahahahahahahahah

You were joking, right?

Hhahahaahahahaahhhhaa wooooohoooo....I thought sooo...hahaha

hahahahahahah...you kill me....haaaaaaaaaaaahhahahahahaha

hahaha...a laugh riot you are.....hahahahwoooohoooo...haha

Share 49ersWebzone