LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 340 users in the forums

What changes should be made during the bye

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What changes should be made during the bye

It's quite obvious that the 49er organization is not going to make the necessary changes during the bye week. I'm calling out to all you 49er Faithful to stand up and demand action! The message we send should be loud and clear. Scot, GONE! Sing, GONE!

Shanny, IN!
Go back to the rock you crawled out from underneath!!!!
Originally posted by singfan:
It's quite obvious that the 49er organization is not going to make the necessary changes during the bye week. I'm calling out to all you 49er Faithful to stand up and demand action! The message we send should be loud and clear. Scot, GONE! Sing, GONE!

Shanny, IN!

during a bye week? you gotta be kidding
Originally posted by FourNine49:

Shanny, IN!

It all starts with one voice.

Shanny, IN!

Ok, here's my voice. "WHY GOD, WHY DID I START THIS THREAD?"

Shanny, IN!

LOL... nah, just kidding.

Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by Mex49:
It was this time last year that when one coach was fired and another was promoted.

The one thing much of the Zone loved to credit for our late season revival was Singletary's ability to make the long over due changes that the Zone thought Nolan was incapable of making.

Will the Sing nut loving continue if our team comes off this bye week like business as usual with no big changes.

Personally, if i can call 95% of our Offensive plays just before the snap like I have been able to do this season, I think we can expect an 8-8 season which is a FAIL of the highest order.

What happens if we come back from the bye week and we find ourselves 3-3?

Sing will drag Shaun Hill, with a backwards 49er shirt on, in front of the media at his next press conference to apologize for his bad play. That isn't called creating accountability, that is called scapegoating.

Scapegoat: a person or group made to bear the blame for others or to suffer in their place.

Remember that Dre went to Coach Singletary in the morning to apologize. Coach Singletary didn't force him to go on at all. Dre made that choice himself.

You are insinuating that Coach forcibly put Dre "up on blasts"...absolutely absurd.

This incident exemplifies what Sing has built which ironically enough you bring up and try to minimize: Accountability. Dre made himself accountable because he deeply respected what Coach is building here at 49er land.

Sad, again, just sad...

On another note, there's a buzz out there in media land that this apology from Dre was long overdue by players who think they are above the team and their mission.

The fans want more of this. I have more respect now for Bly than before. It took guts and character.

Nah, Sing got called out by a reporter for bringing Bly in there. Thank goodness the reporter had the sense to ask the question that many were thinking. Sing tried to dance around it. Bly could have issued an apology on his own to reporters. What happened yesterday was simply an attempt at deflection and assignment of blame. Also, if you're going to bring a guy up to speak in front of reporters, you better make sure that he is not disrespecting your franchise by wearing his 49er shirt inside out. I suspect that was Bly's way of delivering a message.

Listen, Sing even said it himself after the game. it wasn't the physical aspect of the game that got them, they got outsmarted. This is not going to change against good teams. We need some brain power in there. That is why the firing of Martz and the hiring of Raye was so ridiculous. We are cavemen. Had Sing been able to properly assess his own abilities, he could have stuck to what he knows best, and left the heavy lifting to those more qualified. Now, we will be stuck looking for another coordinator in the offseason. That coordinator will be difficult to find because Sing will be a major obstacle to overcome.

I suspect that we will just ultimately blame the QB and start this rebuilding project all over again next year.

Or we can bring in Shanahan and start balling.

Denver was a mess last year under Shanahan. This year they are way better without him, coincidence... I think not. Besides, Shanahan will end up with the Redskins after they fire Zorn, which could be really soon.
Everyone is saying, "but its just been 1 game."

No, it's been every game that the offense has either sucked or had sporadic, intermittent success. The "1 game" just happened to be this last one that we lost.
Share 49ersWebzone