LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

What changes should be made during the bye

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What changes should be made during the bye

My first guess is that we change up the o-line. I'm not completely ready to give up on Rachal so I would replace Baas with Wragge. Also, I believe that that o-line's coaches' job may be in jeopardy as well.

The other thing that I would fix is the receivers. I think it is finally time to give up on Bruce and Battle and start concentrating on the future. I would start Morgan and Jones and have Hill and Crabtree be the two backups. What better way to evaluate what you have then to actually see what they can do on the field. We already know what we have in Bruce and Battle and at this point it ain't much. I know that this one probably won't happen but is something the coaching staff should consider.
This o-line is terrible. Game plan all you want it doesn't matter. Until the o-line is fixed it doesn't matter who the qb, running back or wide recievers are. Bad o-line = bad offence.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
It is very obvious that we can not continue to stay the course on Offense. Something has to change - big-time. Look, I like Hill, but he just can't make the throws that need to made for this team to compete. Coffee is NOT ready to be a starter. The O-line... Special teams on returns - suck. We have to have the slowest return game in the league.

Sing has to make some tough choices in the next couple of weeks. JHO

Those are all drastic changes
  • capsurvivor52
  • Info N/A
Play calling has got to get better. Raye has to call plays that counters blitzing. How many times has our Blitzes been countered by designed screens to suck in the defenders and throw it over their head. We can all feel when the opposing DC is beginning to get a little aggressive. Inexperience by our O-line can be hidden by better plays. Nobody on our depth chart has the experience to pick up blitzes. The QB has to be able to audible the plays as well. Don't think i've seen a Niner QB do that in awhile.
Well they already cut Rossum. I guess that Crabtree will be a return man?

Now if we can just fire the goddam OL coach and rework the Line to the strengths of the personnel, I'm all for that.

Then if Hill can't do the job it's time for him to grab some pine.

~Ceadder
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinersFo6:
My first guess is that we change up the o-line. I'm not completely ready to give up on Rachal so I would replace Baas with Wragge. Also, I believe that that o-line's coaches' job may be in jeopardy as well.

The other thing that I would fix is the receivers. I think it is finally time to give up on Bruce and Battle and start concentrating on the future. I would start Morgan and Jones and have Hill and Crabtree be the two backups. What better way to evaluate what you have then to actually see what they can do on the field. We already know what we have in Bruce and Battle and at this point it ain't much. I know that this one probably won't happen but is something the coaching staff should consider.

+1, except I'm ready to give up on Rachal, too.

[ Edited by Tombo on Oct 12, 2009 at 22:31:29 ]
Get rid of Raye, Hill and Singletary. Promote Manusky to HC and Rathman to OC. Start Alex Smith as QB and use him in the wildcat.

There, problems all solved.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Jimmy Raye should undergo an MRI to see if his brain is still actually functioning.
Bring back Dennis Erickson!
I think that the interior of the O line needs to be addressed during this two week period and fixed ------ maybe Wragge needs to play , he has always done a decent job when called upon. The only other thing is that they need to get Crabtree as ready as they can during this bye.

• Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
ITS 1 GAME OMG... you guys need to chill out. we will be just fine.. no one revealed anything about us.. we got beat by a good team that had 2 weeks to prepare for us ... CALM DOWN 9ER nation... hill looses 1 game at home and its like the end the of the world..... we are 3-2 leading the division and shaun hill is 7-1 at home..

Dont kid yourself... we got destroyed, not just beat. You dont lose by 5 touchdowns and come back with positives.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by stewama:
Look, this is a team built on defense with an offense designed to run the ball and not turn the ball over. If Crabtree is the real deal, perhaps we can get a few more big plays out of the offense. Otherwise, it's not going to change anytime soon.

I find it interesting that so many people are complaining about our offense when our defense utterly collapsed against the Falcons. Put any quarterback behind center you want and it wasn't going to change that fact.

Maybe it's because they are tje 29th out of 32 offenses, and they have utterly sucked the entire year, last night's game makes it painfully obvious how bad the O is , Rookies and guys who have been with the team a week are making plays our tired O dreams about, how is it htese other teams can start rookies and run second string qb's out there that make our starter look like a a tired old scrub, I admit the whole team blew Sunday but the O has tanked all year IMO
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
ITS 1 GAME OMG... you guys need to chill out. we will be just fine.. no one revealed anything about us.. we got beat by a good team that had 2 weeks to prepare for us ... CALM DOWN 9ER nation... hill looses 1 game at home and its like the end the of the world..... we are 3-2 leading the division and shaun hill is 7-1 at home..

Dont kid yourself... we got destroyed, not just beat. You dont lose by 5 touchdowns and come back with positives.

It's amazing how some fans can totally overreact, and some fans act as if a blowout loss at home means nothing at all...

I am somewhere in the middle, and would have like to hear from Singletary "why was this team so unprepared" in further detail. It's very concerning.
Originally posted by 9ermj:
Originally posted by stewama:
Look, this is a team built on defense with an offense designed to run the ball and not turn the ball over. If Crabtree is the real deal, perhaps we can get a few more big plays out of the offense. Otherwise, it's not going to change anytime soon.

I find it interesting that so many people are complaining about our offense when our defense utterly collapsed against the Falcons. Put any quarterback behind center you want and it wasn't going to change that fact.

Maybe it's because they are tje 29th out of 32 offenses, and they have utterly sucked the entire year, last night's game makes it painfully obvious how bad the O is , Rookies and guys who have been with the team a week are making plays our tired O dreams about, how is it htese other teams can start rookies and run second string qb's out there that make our starter look like a a tired old scrub, I admit the whole team blew Sunday but the O has tanked all year IMO

Our offense totally reflects Jimmy Raye. Old and tired.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by sden49:
This o-line is terrible. Game plan all you want it doesn't matter. Until the o-line is fixed it doesn't matter who the qb, running back or wide recievers are. Bad o-line = bad offence.

For all my rants against Hill and how completely void of talent or anything resembling an NFL QB he is , not he or anyone else can do much with the way the O line is going right now. You would have thought by now the O line would be something. At some point pretty soon it's either the O line is just no good as a group, or the individual guys suck , or the O line coach has his head up his A... maybe all of the above
Share 49ersWebzone