Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What changes should be made during the bye

What changes should be made during the bye

• 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
It is very obvious that we can not continue to stay the course on Offense. Something has to change - big-time. Look, I like Hill, but he just can't make the throws that need to made for this team to compete. Coffee is NOT ready to be a starter. The O-line... Special teams on returns - suck. We have to have the slowest return game in the league.

Sing has to make some tough choices in the next couple of weeks. JHO

All of our offensive problems stem from a crap O-line, don't even tell me Hill can't make the throws when the o-line gives him 1.5 seconds before a defender is in his face.

Hill can't make the throws
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by singfan:
I would thank Sing for his service and then send him on his way. There is no way I would allow either the Cowboys or Redskins to beat me in signing Shanahan. We need an actual football coach. Get Shanahan in here right now.

If they do not want to can Sing during the season, then bring Shanahan on as a paid consultant to oversee the operations. This will give Sing the hint, possibly causing him to resign, saving us the remaining three years of his contract, and landing us a guy that can actually game plan for an NFL game.

Seriously!

Lick somewhere else please.

This is a thread about changes during the bye week, realistic ones. No one is going to fire Singletary. Again, trying to derail a thread to promote Shanny...just sad.

Winners make changes, losers stay the course. We already know how this is going
to turn out.
It's not that Hill doesn't have the arm to through deep, he does. All you need to do is to have someone with speed get behind the CB and even if he doesn't catch it they know there is potential for it. This would force the CB to play deeper and command help. Now we can loosen up the middle for slants and run without 8-9 in the box.
Originally posted by ninertico:
I would thank Sing for his service and then send him on his way. There is no way I would allow either the Cowboys or Redskins to beat me in signing Shanahan. We need an actual football coach. Get Shanahan in here right now.

If they do not want to can Sing during the season, then bring Shanahan on as a paid consultant to oversee the operations. This will give Sing the hint, possibly causing him to resign, saving us the remaining three years of his contract, and landing us a guy that can actually game plan for an NFL game.

Seriously!

Lick somewhere else please.

This is a thread about changes during the bye week, realistic ones. No one is going to fire Singletary. Again, trying to derail a thread to promote Shanny...just sad.

Winners make changes, losers stay the course. We already know how this is going
to turn out.

You are right.

That's why Jed hired Coach Singletary permenantly to bring us a winner who can change the culture to mold after his beliefs, his work ethic, his championship experience, his accountability and of course his passion for the game. Jed hired him to win back the NFC West. Hmmmm....we are in the lead for now.

Again, you are right Singfan. Winners make changes. Coach Sing is already making changes the day after his loss especially in our most problematic area, the OL.

I WANT WINNERS!!!!!

• OHHWHAT
  • Info N/A
I love coach Singletary but Enough is Enough, If the OC won't adjust to the their defense we will never be an Elite team. I say get rid of Bill Cosby (aka Jimmy Raye)

It was only a matter before the troll returned, go back to hiding under your rock.
Originally posted by TheCatch:
Originally posted by 9ermj:
Originally posted by sden49:
This o-line is terrible. Game plan all you want it doesn't matter. Until the o-line is fixed it doesn't matter who the qb, running back or wide recievers are. Bad o-line = bad offence.

For all my rants against Hill and how completely void of talent or anything resembling an NFL QB he is , not he or anyone else can do much with the way the O line is going right now. You would have thought by now the O line would be something. At some point pretty soon it's either the O line is just no good as a group, or the individual guys suck , or the O line coach has his head up his A... maybe all of the above

I believe part of the terrible O-line play is because of Hill's weak arm. All teams do is stack the box, looking for a 10 yard INT. If Hill had a cannon, they would respect that, and play back a little for some breathing room. Our O is shut down way too easily, and the secret is out. If they blitz, Hill cant get the ball to the receiver left open.

You are blaming Hill for the O-line's non-ability to give him more than 2 seconds to throw the ball, that might be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
There is only one reasonable option in that poll, and its mixing up the O-line.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
It is very obvious that we can not continue to stay the course on Offense. Something has to change - big-time. Look, I like Hill, but he just can't make the throws that need to made for this team to compete. Coffee is NOT ready to be a starter. The O-line... Special teams on returns - suck. We have to have the slowest return game in the league.

Sing has to make some tough choices in the next couple of weeks. JHO

All of our offensive problems stem from a crap O-line, don't even tell me Hill can't make the throws when the o-line gives him 1.5 seconds before a defender is in his face.

Hill can't make the throws

Everytime Hill has time to throw in the pocket, he completes the pass or gets it to the right spot, the O-line is so bad I don't want to hear about Hill not being able to make the pass until he has some time to throw and still messes up. Manning or Brady couldn't run an effective passing attack in that mess.
  • Mex49
It was this time last year that when one coach was fired and another was promoted.

The one thing much of the Zone loved to credit for our late season revival was Singletary's ability to make the long over due changes that the Zone thought Nolan was incapable of making.

Will the Sing nut loving continue if our team comes off this bye week like business as usual with no big changes.

Personally, if i can call 95% of our Offensive plays just before the snap like I have been able to do this season, I think we can expect an 8-8 season which is a FAIL of the highest order.

What happens if we come back from the bye week and we find ourselves 3-3?
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TheCatch:
Originally posted by sden49:
This o-line is terrible. Game plan all you want it doesn't matter. Until the o-line is fixed it doesn't matter who the qb, running back or wide recievers are. Bad o-line = bad offence.

For all my rants against Hill and how completely void of talent or anything resembling an NFL QB he is , not he or anyone else can do much with the way the O line is going right now. You would have thought by now the O line would be something. At some point pretty soon it's either the O line is just no good as a group, or the individual guys suck , or the O line coach has his head up his A... maybe all of the above

I believe part of the terrible O-line play is because of Hill's weak arm. All teams do is stack the box, looking for a 10 yard INT. If Hill had a cannon, they would respect that, and play back a little for some breathing room. Our O is shut down way too easily, and the secret is out. If they blitz, Hill cant get the ball to the receiver left open.

You are blaming Hill for the O-line's non-ability to give him more than 2 seconds to throw the ball, that might be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Ok , since this is all speculative, would Hill be as good as Eli Manning if he were on the Giants? Tom Brady, Philip Rivers , Ben Rothlesberger, How about Matt Schaub if you answered yes to any of these you are fooling yourself , because your implication is Hill is good and it's all on the O line, I don't disagree the O Line stinks but so does Hill , one one thousand two one thousand
Originally posted by Mex49:
It was this time last year that when one coach was fired and another was promoted.

The one thing much of the Zone loved to credit for our late season revival was Singletary's ability to make the long over due changes that the Zone thought Nolan was incapable of making.

Will the Sing nut loving continue if our team comes off this bye week like business as usual with no big changes.

Personally, if i can call 95% of our Offensive plays just before the snap like I have been able to do this season, I think we can expect an 8-8 season which is a FAIL of the highest order.

Sing will drag Shaun Hill, with a backwards 49er shirt on, in front of the media at his next press conference to apologize for his bad play. That isn't called creating accountability, that is called scapegoating.
Some things I would try

1.) Let Rathman call the plays for a few series

2.) Try out Alex and see if he is capable of making plays

3.) Bench Rachal and lets see if Wragge can fair any better

4.) Try a few 4 WR sets with (Bruce, Morgan, Jones and Hill or "Davis/Crabtree)

It wouldnt hurt to take a look at a few things to see if they pan out, cause lets face it, our offense was plain pathetic on Sunday)
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Some things I would try

1.) Let Rathman call the plays for a few series

2.) Try out Alex and see if he is capable of making plays

3.) Bench Rachal and lets see if Wragge can fair any better

4.) Try a few 4 WR sets with (Bruce, Morgan, Jones and Hill or "Davis/Crabtree)

It wouldnt hurt to take a look at a few things to see if they pan out, cause lets face it, our offense was plain pathetic on Sunday)

I thought I heard Raye say we can't run a real 4 receiver set Qb and O Line not good enough or words to that effect, if true pretty freakin' weak
Originally posted by Mex49:

What if we are 4-2? What then Mex?

We don't know. What we do know is what has been in the pudding...Sing's ability to make changes to better our team. He benched JTO, ran more, and catered the overall game plan to Hill than to the scheme. Coach changed it. He moved Dashon to starter.

He's made changes when we needed it. I look to our game against AZ on MNF last year after the Seattle debacle. We were on fire! Poor management from Martz dearly cost us that game.

I expect us to come out the same way against Houston.

Nut lovin' or just supporting your HC? Truth is in the point of view.