There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We'll win our next game.

Originally posted by Method:
Yep. We're definitely going to beat the bye week. Good job Coach! Our QB is definitely clutch to come off a huge loss with a win this week!

They have tracked us down and discovered our non-crazy talk thread. Quick, scatter!
Originally posted by chimp914:
I hope so. This loss has me so depressed.

Being depressed is understatement. It's one thing to lose, but it's another to be totally humiliated today.
Originally posted by Hopper:

Being depressed is understatement. It's one thing to lose, but it's another to be totally humiliated today.

I watched The Tree talking it up with a whole lot of players on the sidelines. One time I watched him go right up to Bruce after he came off the field. I assume he asked him something, and then it seamed like Bruce was explaining something to him, and using his hands to show him the route.

He was talking with Gore a bunch. It made me though, because I don't like seeing Frank in his sweats while the game is being played.

I rather get totally outplayed and lose how we lost today than the way we lost to the vikes ... Just remember winning cures all and we have a lot of wins coming our way this year.
  • NP9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Faceless:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Hell yeah. Plus imma watch SEA vs ARI next week during the bye and pull 4 SEA

Ha I think everyone who bleeds red and gold will be cheering for the seachikens next week, Arizona just seems to be our best competition.... I'd also like to see Tampa beat the panthers for our draft pick can get better and better ;) I'd also like to see the Baltimore crows beat the dikes for revenge.

Actually, I'm hoping AZ finds a way to beat the Hawks. If you look at their respective schedules you'll knowtice the Cardinals have more possible losses leading up to our Monday nighter with them, (at NYG, at Chicago, and home to the Vikes). The Seahawks only have one rough game before we play them again, (at the Vikings), and yes I took into account the game in Dallas.
Depending on if/how we turn around today's effort, it would help if Seattle could not build any momentum before playing us up there. Arizona seems like they can tank at any given minute of any game. They were up 21 on Houston, and got caught, before going on to win late.

I rather get totally outplayed and lose how we lost today than the way we lost to the vikes ... Just remember winning cures all and we have a lot of wins coming our way this year.

You serious? I'd rather lose a close game than get blown out anytime. At least they showed some heart against the Vikings. Today nothing went right and the effort and discipline was horrible.

You serious? I'd rather lose a close game than get blown out anytime. At least they showed some heart against the Vikings. Today nothing went right and the effort and discipline was horrible.
Losing when you're tasting victory is way worse to me. Game 6 of the 2002 WS comes to mind.
Here Here, lets go San Francisco "Fightin Brian Jennings" 49ers
And 8 more after that one because of them...

The guy on the right has proven to be capable of carrying this team.

Like I said I rather lose like we lost today because when we played the vikes we outplayed them and actually minus that last play won that game but we have no 'W' to show for it I rather have the other team beat our ass and earn a W like they did today instead of being ripped from us at the last moment when outperformed the opponent
I think it was good in the grand scheme of things to get our A$$ handed to us.

Some things to think about.....

Two of the fumbles Dre Bly's and Delaine Walkers were not fumbles.....the ground can't cause a fumble right. You give us the ball back and it's a different game.

Our team isn't built to come from far behind and put up a lot of points. We are built to keep the game close work within what we do best and have a strong d.

The Defense let us down today but it kind of snowballed with the bad play of the offense. We can't have so many turnovers and expect to win.

Things that concern me

Our receivers aren't getting separation from the db's.....we lack a deep threat to stretch the field. Hopefully Jones, or Crabtree can step it up.

Our line play has been really lacking......Rachel is really young and still learning, but Baas I think has to go. We need our guards to be solid to run up the middle. I think next year we add a stud Guard, and pick up a tackle in the draft and Stud Safety....it's what we need. I think the corners are fine.

Bright spots

The Bye week couldn't come at a better time to regroup and rethink what we need to do.

We get Gore BACK!!! This is really huge, he is our biggest weapon....coffee is nice but he's a rookie.

We get to see what we have with Crabtree......Hopefully he can add a spark to the team. And with that I think Shaun hill can open up the offense more with another weapon it sucks that it took this long for him to sign because right now he would be stepping it up. Hopefully he is a quick learner. I have watched a lot of his highlight reels from college and he looks legit. He is the only two time winner of the Fred Bilenikoff award for being the best reciever in college and that is saying something.

The team is still very young, we have great character and we have unselfish players that look out for each other.

We have a Fantastic coach and we have a solid foundation.....remember we only installed the offense in the offseason, give them some time.

You may hate Jimmy Raye.....but I think he tailors the offense to fit his players which is good.

ON A FUTURE NOTE

I think we have our quarterback in the Future with Nate Davis, he can make all of the throws, he will have our offense down and he won't be rushed into the fire. I'm excited about what he brings to our team.

We have Carolina's First round pick and it looks like it will be a top ten pick they have the hardest schedule in the league.

GO NINERS I'M NOT OFF THE BANDWAGON THEY STILL HAVE A CHANCE TO BE SOMETHING SPECIAL!
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Losing when you're tasting victory is way worse to me. Game 6 of the 2002 WS comes to mind.

Bro, A World Series choke-job is worse then this loss any day of the f**king week for an entire season. Even if we lost every game this season by 20, it'd still be better then that WS loss.
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Bro, A World Series choke-job is worse then this loss any day of the f**king week for an entire season. Even if we lost every game this season by 20, it'd still be better then that WS loss.

You don't have to tell me that. I still have nightmares.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
our offense is completely different with Frank Gore. He is one of the best backs in the NFL, he opens more things up for everyone else and is a homerun threat on every down. Now we get Crabtree in here whom I presume will play at least 10 plays or so and have a chance to do something in the 1st few games. I believe he will start for us by week 10 and be a force by the time the playoffs start. And yes we will be in the playoffs with a 10-6 or 11-5 division winning record baby!

Playoffs? Playoffs?!? You kiddin' me? Playoffs?!? I'm just hoping we can win a game.