There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

start alex smith after the bye?

start alex smith after the bye?

So Hill has one bad game and you want to yank him? He hadn't lost at home yet. Ridiculous. This one is partially on the O-line too. They blew. An exposed by elite teams like Minn, where Hill drove us down to vitually win the game? This is crazy-talk.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by backontop:
*Cough*, AS @ KC 41-0
*Cough* AS @ Philly 38-24
*Cough* AS @ SD 19-48

And that was only in the first 6 weeks of 06...

So Alex Smith can lose a game but Hill can't????? I thought that when a team lost it was a team effort not just one player!! You Hill swingers and your hypocrisy

Merely stating that you can't call for a guy to be pulled after 1 bad performance, because I was still giving him chances at that point...

Actually, that Philly game was really close until the very end. Smith threw for something like 290 yards in that game.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by BHulman:
I like Alex and have hope that he will end up having a productive career. But I don't think Hill deserves to be benched after this one performance.

Dude, we are still waiting for Hill to show up. Smith knows the handoff, and he doesn't throw INT's either so why not.
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by taney71:
*Cough*, AS @ KC 41-0
*Cough* AS @ SD 19-48

So Alex Smith can lose a game but Hill can't????? I thought that when a team lost it was a team effort not just one player!! You Hill swingers and your hypocrisy

Beep. So true. Smith is horrible because of ... [insert stupid reason here] ... but JTO and Hill are awesome because they are.

Yes........so Hill lost and Smith lost. Whats the difference ? Hill has a WINNING RECORD. And HE HAS A WINNING RECORD WITH THE SAME ROSTERS THAT SMITH COULD NOT PRODUCE WITH. End of story............Alex sucks.

Not if this continues......

This is a different roster than the Niners had at the start of the 2007 season. Despite the performance today, the D is definately better now.

exactly but hey some people are just blind to facts.
Originally posted by jcs:
*Cough*, AS @ KC 41-0
*Cough* AS @ SD 19-48

Beep. So true. Smith is horrible because of ... [insert stupid reason here] ... but JTO and Hill are awesome because they are.

Yes........so Hill lost and Smith lost. Whats the difference ? Hill has a WINNING RECORD. And HE HAS A WINNING RECORD WITH THE SAME ROSTERS THAT SMITH COULD NOT PRODUCE WITH. End of story............Alex sucks.

This is a different roster than the Niners had at the start of the 2007 season. Despite the performance today, the D is definately better now.

Smith had better weapons, Oline, and O Cordinators and still couldn't get it done like Hill has.

better weapons? i mean ill give u a better line when JJ and LA were on fire, but weapons?! helllllllll no its basically the same s**tty offense plus VD/Staley. crabtree can't be called a weapon yet, either

[ Edited by chico49erfan on Oct 11, 2009 at 18:26:11 ]
Whatever happened to supporting whoever is under center?

Bet you didn't support Alex. lol

~Ceadder
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
I was actually hoping that Nate would play in the 4th 1/4. Forget Smith, he is nothing more then a backup.

And this is based on?? Oh I know the past 3 years he has played in which 2 of those years he was injured. Gotcha!

If you dont know what this is based on, you've been high for the past 5 years. This isnt just one independent Niner follower. The majority of NINER FANS think he's a bust........

Really, strangely 55% of that majority still want Smith to start after the bye.
Originally posted by MaliCali:
All i know is a quarterback with our first pick in the draft this year is looking quite delicious...

Bradford or McCoy? Accurate as balls, great measureables, Hell yes i love them both

Tebow in the 2nd or 3rd? Has a better arm than hill, more athletic, has the best intangibles at the position in the draft, and a Singletary kinda guy...not to mention he has exactly the same bad rap on him Young had coming out of BYU..

Not sold on McCoy.

honestly every time i see Shaun Hill throw a football that has zero spiral or zip on it, i get really jealous whenever i see these beautiful throws, that are actually just regular throws that an NFL quarterback should make...ala the Nate Davis factor, he throws balls the way any NFL quarterback should throw them, we just arent used to that...

The last QB to throw a tight ball for the 49ers was Joe Montana...Young was a wobble ball (duck) passer as was Garcia and now hill...get over the way the ball looks on TV when it's passed. It's about accuracy.

It's also about getting the ball to the receiver while he's still open. Hill has to be perfect to get those rainbow floaters in to a receiver. He never throws a bullet pass! When he throws deep the ball hangs up in the air as if it were a punt!

Did Young throw some ducks? Sure! But he could also stick a laser in there every now and again. Even Garcia put more mustard on his throws than Hill ever does. Most High School QBs have more zip than this dude.

As far as accuracy goes, you can't tell me the guy is pinpoint. Today he completed 39% of his passes. 15 for 38! And how many of those were f-ing checkdowns?
Originally posted by Apone:
I was actually hoping that Nate would play in the 4th 1/4. Forget Smith, he is nothing more then a backup.

And this is based on?? Oh I know the past 3 years he has played in which 2 of those years he was injured. Gotcha!

If you dont know what this is based on, you've been high for the past 5 years. This isnt just one independent Niner follower. The majority of NINER FANS think he's a bust........

those people must be high on something. i honestly want AS to start and show how terrible he is. if he isn't -- GREAT NEWS. but i just don't ever see him doing anything good until he is signed by another team
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
*Cough*, AS @ KC 41-0
*Cough* AS @ SD 19-48

Smith had better weapons, Oline, and O Cordinators and still couldn't get it done like Hill has.

better weapons? i mean ill give u a better line when JJ and LA were on fire, but weapons?! helllllllll no its basically the same s**tty offense plus VD/Staley. crabtree can't be called a weapon yet, either

I agree. What were these better weapons??? The OLine was slightly better but not much. The defense was def a lot worse. So he didn't have the luxery of the Defense keeping games close so he could just hand the ball off all day. But to say he had a better team is retarded. You are pretty much saying the team in 06 and 07 were better than the team we have now
*Cough*, AS @ KC 41-0
*Cough* AS @ SD 19-48

Merely stating that you can't call for a guy to be pulled after 1 bad performance, because I was still giving him chances at that point...

Actually, that Philly game was really close until the very end. Smith threw for something like 290 yards in that game.

And Hill has trouble cracking 150 yards. Yup Hill is just so much better.

~Ceadder
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thojess:
All i know is a quarterback with our first pick in the draft this year is looking quite delicious...

Bradford or McCoy? Accurate as balls, great measureables, Hell yes i love them both

Tebow in the 2nd or 3rd? Has a better arm than hill, more athletic, has the best intangibles at the position in the draft, and a Singletary kinda guy...not to mention he has exactly the same bad rap on him Young had coming out of BYU..

Not sold on McCoy.

honestly every time i see Shaun Hill throw a football that has zero spiral or zip on it, i get really jealous whenever i see these beautiful throws, that are actually just regular throws that an NFL quarterback should make...ala the Nate Davis factor, he throws balls the way any NFL quarterback should throw them, we just arent used to that...

The last QB to throw a tight ball for the 49ers was Joe Montana...Young was a wobble ball (duck) passer as was Garcia and now hill...get over the way the ball looks on TV when it's passed. It's about accuracy.

It's also about getting the ball to the receiver while he's still open. Hill has to be perfect to get those rainbow floaters in to a receiver. He never throws a bullet pass! When he throws deep the ball hangs up in the air as if it were a punt!

Did Young throw some ducks? Sure! But he could also stick a laser in there every now and again. Even Garcia put more mustard on his throws than Hill ever does. Most High School QBs have more zip than this dude.

As far as accuracy goes, you can't tell me the guy is pinpoint. Today he completed 39% of his passes. 15 for 38! And how many of those were f-ing checkdowns?

But he is 7-1 at home
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

those people must be high on something. i honestly want AS to start and show how terrible he is. if he isn't -- GREAT NEWS. but i just don't ever see him doing anything good until he is signed by another team

This makes no sense. Smith is "terrible" and won't do "anything good" until he signed by another team? If he is terrible, why would he do good for another team?
Originally posted by thojess:

Not sold on McCoy.

But he is 7-1 at home

So true.
changes have to be made. the oline played crappy but Hill gets most of the blame today. 15 of 38? seriously? Jamarcus Russel is probably the only QB who had a worse day than Hill. Hill has been ok the last few games but in no way has he carried this team. Smith shouldve been put in durring the 4th quarter but i think singletary is afraid that a QB controversy this early in the season would tank the team. part of me agrees with singletary in sticking with Hill but at the same time Smith cant do any worse than Hill at this point, all those missed passes today were unacceptable. try smith atleast, you have nothing to lose in a game when your down 45-10. maybe smith could do the trick. 150 yards through the air on your good days is not enough to win in this league