LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

start alex smith after the bye?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

start alex smith after the bye?

Im a Hill fan. We should'nt give up on him so quickly. He's not the answer to being the franchise qb but he is our qb as of right now.He struggled today but so did the defense and the o/line and some recvrs. Basically the whole team was not on the same page for whatever reason.
Originally posted by TRAVELER_9ER:
Im a Hill fan. We should'nt give up on him so quickly. He's not the answer to being the franchise qb but he is our qb as of right now.He struggled today but so did the defense and the o/line and some recvrs. Basically the whole team was not on the same page for whatever reason.

No, don't be rational, today was all Hill's fault, his presence alone made us fail so bad today.
HELL NO!!! No way it happens either. Can't put this loss on Hill. It was just a s**t output from the entire team and coaching staff.

I still don't think Hill or Smith are the answer for us at QB.
  • Adman
  • Veteran
You guys are all out of your minds. Hill has been playing well up to this point. He is a good quarterback. One rough game and you all want to get rid of him.

I really think this whole thread is full of people who don't know anything about football. The only thing they know is that if someone makes a mistake...they should be taken out.
Hmmm interesting turn of events we have going here.
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
No. Fire Raye BEFORE the ByE

& replace him with who?

Well, everybody says that Mike Johnson (our QB coach) is a rising star who is due for a OC spot sooner or later.

Might be worth a shot.
  • dj43
The best way to deal with this game is to just go home and forget it.

The 49ers may not be as good as their record was coming into this game but they are not as bad as they played today.

If I'm Singletary, I tell them all to go home and forget this one. Don't even look at the film. Just come back on Wednesday and start getting ready for Houston.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by MaliCali:
All i know is a quarterback with our first pick in the draft this year is looking quite delicious...

Bradford or McCoy? Accurate as balls, great measureables, Hell yes i love them both

Tebow in the 2nd or 3rd? Has a better arm than hill, more athletic, has the best intangibles at the position in the draft, and a Singletary kinda guy...not to mention he has exactly the same bad rap on him Young had coming out of BYU..

Young was a record setting PASSER coming out of BYU...Tebow?? Stop the comparisons.

You realize Tim Tebow is only 16 touchdown passes away from PASSING Peyton Manning in Career PASSING touchdowns right? and doing that in the SEC?

People who dont think Tim Tebow can throw the football dont watch him play and simply focus on the fact that he is also a dominant runner..

Tim Tebow's best Passing Season is arguably better than Peyton Mannings...Manning had a bit over 500 more passing yards and 5 more touchdowns, but also had 5 more interceptions, Tebow had a better completion Percentage and better Passer Rating, but also had nearly 900 rushing yards and 23 TD's on the ground...

I'm willing to bet Tebow Passes Manning in Career Passing TD's, however there is a incredibly slim chance he throws more career interceptions considering he has never thrown more than 6 in a season....

so at season's end, Tim Tebow likely finishes his career as a more accurate, and more efficient passer than Peyton Manning, yet you are going to criticize his ability to throw the football...what because he is also an incredible runner?

as i said, people who talk down Tebow's throwing ability dont watch him play football week in and week out..
*Cough*, AS @ KC 41-0
*Cough* AS @ Philly 38-24
*Cough* AS @ SD 19-48

And that was only in the first 6 weeks of 06...
All i know is a quarterback with our first pick in the draft this year is looking quite delicious...

Bradford or McCoy? Accurate as balls, great measureables, Hell yes i love them both

Tebow in the 2nd or 3rd? Has a better arm than hill, more athletic, has the best intangibles at the position in the draft, and a Singletary kinda guy...not to mention he has exactly the same bad rap on him Young had coming out of BYU..

Young was a record setting PASSER coming out of BYU...Tebow?? Stop the comparisons.

You realize Tim Tebow is only 16 touchdown passes away from PASSING Peyton Manning in Career PASSING touchdowns right? and doing that in the SEC?

People who dont think Tim Tebow can throw the football dont watch him play and simply focus on the fact that he is also a dominant runner..

Tim Tebow's best Passing Season is arguably better than Peyton Mannings...Manning had a bit over 500 more passing yards and 5 more touchdowns, but also had 5 more interceptions, Tebow had a better completion Percentage and better Passer Rating, but also had nearly 900 rushing yards and 23 TD's on the ground...

I'm willing to bet Tebow Passes Manning in Career Passing TD's, however there is a incredibly slim chance he throws more career interceptions considering he has never thrown more than 6 in a season....

so at season's end, Tim Tebow likely finishes his career as a more accurate, and more efficient passer than Peyton Manning, yet you are going to criticize his ability to throw the football...what because he is also an incredible runner?

as i said, people who talk down Tebow's throwing ability dont watch him play football week in and week out..

NFL success > College success, end of discussion.

These poll results just show how pathetic this board is.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by TRAVELER_9ER:

No, don't be rational, today was all Hill's fault, his presence alone made us fail so bad today.

In times of crisis 1 has to have rational to see where all the mistakes are coming from.That whole game the team was out of sync. Way out.Besides the point Hill did make some bad decision but the o/l was HORRIBLE. Our offense became 1/2dimentional. No run game Defence in disarray.Today was jus not the NINERS day. Not disagreeing with you but Im just looking at the team as a whole
Originally posted by SJniner7:
*Cough*, AS @ KC 41-0
*Cough* AS @ Philly 38-24
*Cough* AS @ SD 19-48

And that was only in the first 6 weeks of 06...

So Alex Smith can lose a game but Hill can't????? I thought that when a team lost it was a team effort not just one player!! You Hill swingers and your hypocrisy
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

NFL success > College success, end of discussion.

Those are Peyton Mannings college statistics in the same conference Tebow Plays in...

I'm not comparing Manning in the NFL, Tebow has a slim chance of reaching that level, people that discredit his ability to throw though are completely in the dark..
This loss has very little to do with S Hills profomance.

This was a TOTAL TEAM meltdown. The Offense line was terrible today in pass protection. The Defense allowed R White to have 200+ Yrds receiving with 2 TDs, They also gave up 140 yrds rushing with 3 rushing TDs. In SF!!
It doesn't matter who is your QB when you Defense gives up 45 points this isn't the arena league.

From the opening kickoff out of bounds this game this game had a bad vibe to it

Atlanta came to play today, and the majority of the Niners players and their coaching staff were caught day dreaming

We got 2 weeks to mend bruises, prepare for the 2-3 Houston Texans, (who is 1-2 at home)
We also get our much needed Tank back in Gore, & Crabtree will make his debut

This loss hurt alot more than the Vikings loss for sure and raises alot of questions mainly on the Defensive side of the ball, but it's a long season and we still are 3-0 in our division

[ Edited by 9erfreak on Oct 11, 2009 at 18:16:39 ]
Share 49ersWebzone