There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

start alex smith after the bye?

start alex smith after the bye?

• Nes49
  • Veteran
Whatever happened to supporting whoever is under center?
Alex is a weak guy, with little or not heart. If you put him in with this OLINE, he will get hurt in a few series.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
No. Fire Raye BEFORE the ByE

& replace him with who?
Not with this Oline. Hill's barely surviving out there, no need to get Alex killed again.
Hill has to play this bad again before I'd do that.

And I like Smith, but changing QBs after one game is far too knee-jerkish.

If after the bye, he can't come out and perform well after an extra week to prepare, then I would find that to be absolutely unacceptable and I would not be surprised if a change happened in that case, then.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 11, 2009 at 17:29:47 ]
Is Alex Smith going to line up at cornerback, outside linebacker, defensive end and play all five spots on the o-line too?

The Niners aren't as good as we thought beating up on the Rams and aren't as bad as they looked getting the crap smacked out of them by the Falcons.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Alex is a weak guy, with little or not heart. If you put him in with this OLINE, he will get hurt in a few series.

Ok. He's week. Did you watch him play during this frst years in the league?
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Not with this Oline. Hill's barely surviving out there, no need to get Alex killed again.

true... AS may get the start due to the injury to Hill if this porous Oline keeps up...
Fire Sing and Raye. Sing brought this whole run first mentality and Raye over. We will never win this way.
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
No. Fire Raye BEFORE the ByE

& replace him with who?

Promote the o-line coach to offensive coordinator. Than we could run the no huddle offence like Buffalo. Just look how Trent Edwards and TO have been tearing it up.
All i know is a quarterback with our first pick in the draft this year is looking quite delicious...

Bradford or McCoy? Accurate as balls, great measureables, Hell yes i love them both

Tebow in the 2nd or 3rd? Has a better arm than hill, more athletic, has the best intangibles at the position in the draft, and a Singletary kinda guy...not to mention he has exactly the same bad rap on him Young had coming out of BYU..
Uh, no.
You guys yelling for Raye to get fired are ridiculous, do you not know anything about football? Raye is limited by what the oline and Hill allow him to call, we are missing our best player on offense and have a back up QB starting. If the defense doesn't play at the high level it did during the first 4 games we will not beat good teams...plain and simple.
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
Would starting ALex win us more games? Would it have won the game today, even if Alex were to play well? I don't think so. And I don't think our QB is the missing piece that will solve all of our problems.

I dont' think this game warrants any major change like this. We should replace just about everybody based solely on today's performances.
I'm down, no way can he do worse than Hill did today at this point in his career.