Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Offensive post-game analysis (Week 5)

Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by greywolf447:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by alex2125:
Shaun Hill did not lose this game. He just did not do anything to win it.

For all his intangibles, Shaun Hill is not "The Guy" that some people claim him to be. If the defense is performing well, and the running game is performing well, then sure, Shaun Hill can "manage" the game. But if the other aspects of the team are failing, Shaun Hill cannot carry this team back.

Shaun Hill CAN "Not Lose A Game". Shaun Hill CANNOT go out and win a game. Especially against quality competition (Rams don't count).

I'm not saying that Alex Smith is the answer. I can no longer have a valid argument for him. I just hope the organization is not satisfied by having Shuan Hill carry us to the next level. We need to develop a young talented QB...Alex Smith, Nate Davis, or 2010 Draft pick.

Bingo. Hill isn't the answer.

This game was such a waste because Coach Mike wouldn't at least see what Alex Smith could do in the second half. Smith hasn't played in two years so let's get a look at him.

If we are gonna be anything this year it will be with Hill. If we start really dropping off, put Davis in. Smith had his chance and we all know exactly the outcome.

Ummm..... NO! We resigned him because someone in the front office still believes in him. I think we need to give the kid one more chance. If he doesn't performe we cut him next year and draft another QB and let the rook and Davis compete next year!

Who the f**k still believes in Alex? Well I guess someone somewhere still believes in Davis Carr.

David Carr.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

What points was Hill clutch? In actually games where he lead the team to game winning drives?

Washington game, Bengals game, Rams game, Arizona game, almost this time at Minnesota game to name a few.

Ok, remember the Bengals game ok. Rams game this year? Seriously, he was clutch in a 35-0 win? Arizona, I'll give you. Minnesota?

Last year's one. He stunk it up and came back in the 4th remember?
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Amazing the D gives up 45 points, and everyone is here bashing on Who? Only Hill... Did anyone notice our Oline giving up pressures and sacks to the second stringers?

That's what I'm saying. The D struggled today, the Oline struggled, and we were completely uncompetitive. The QB is the one person responsible to not go 3 and out.

We need to hold Hill accountable just as critical we were/are with Alex Smith. A Good QB would have found a way to be competitive, get 1st downs, keep drives alive, not throw balls into the ground.

Hill is accountable as well as many or ALL of his throws were off mark, but for the offensive thread to be 6-7 pages already, while the dfensive thread is 2 pages for giving up 45 points? It seems a little silly...

Well who are you going to blame on the defense? EVERYBODY!!!!! On offense you have one person who is responsible for getting the ball in the endzone and that is the QB. Hence the reason for the excessive pages when compared to the defensive thread

What points was Hill clutch? In actually games where he lead the team to game winning drives?

Washington game, Bengals game, Rams game, Arizona game, almost this time at Minnesota game to name a few.

The only time I recall Alex doing that was the Arizona game from '07.

Did you forget that naked bootleg against the Seahawks?

seahawks

No I didn't, but that game was mostly Gore. He had something ridiculous like 250 yds.

the Smith haters forget anything good he had ever done and only remember his mistakes.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Shaun Hill did not lose this game. He just did not do anything to win it.

For all his intangibles, Shaun Hill is not "The Guy" that some people claim him to be. If the defense is performing well, and the running game is performing well, then sure, Shaun Hill can "manage" the game. But if the other aspects of the team are failing, Shaun Hill cannot carry this team back.

Shaun Hill CAN "Not Lose A Game". Shaun Hill CANNOT go out and win a game. Especially against quality competition (Rams don't count).

I'm not saying that Alex Smith is the answer. I can no longer have a valid argument for him. I just hope the organization is not satisfied by having Shuan Hill carry us to the next level. We need to develop a young talented QB...Alex Smith, Nate Davis, or 2010 Draft pick.

Bingo. Hill isn't the answer.

This game was such a waste because Coach Mike wouldn't at least see what Alex Smith could do in the second half. Smith hasn't played in two years so let's get a look at him.

you absolutely do NOT put smith in the game it would have been a vote of no confidence to Hill and he wasn't the biggest problem although he doesn't seemed part of the solution either
Down the road in a meaningless 4th qtr when we're leading easy i'd like to see Davis but he won't happen cos we won't have a big 4th qtr lead this season ...

Who gives a s**t about confidence? You don't make the playoffs for having a QB with confidence that can't win a game when behind. You get to the playoffs by actually winning games. And if you have to shake things up by benching that player then you do it! For all we know Smith could have come in and torched the Falcons for 6 TD's or he could have been just as effective and Hill. But we will never know because we don't want to hurt hill's feelings

i don't know if you laugh harder than i am reading your post
i think no argument needed for the bold characters ...
... maybe for you : 1) already forgot the AZ comeback (plus vikings if it wasn't for Favre) ? 2) hill was 7-0 at home before the game 3) yeah for sure
Oline sucked.

Coffee cost us a timeout which cost us a challenged that would have reversed the Walker fumble.

Hill played horrible because we were behind which showed the limitation of having a noddle arm QB.

We need GORE. Big Time!!!!!!!!

AMEN BROTHER!!!! tell it like it is...

I would love to see alex smith get a shot

Ok, remember the Bengals game ok. Rams game this year? Seriously, he was clutch in a 35-0 win? Arizona, I'll give you. Minnesota?

Last year's one. He stunk it up and came back in the 4th remember?

I'm drunk. Hard to remember last year.
Third Down Efficiency - 4/14 - 28%

We haven't hit the 35% mark yet! Hooray!
Now tell us how you really feel, Dynasty.

Originally posted by teeohh:
Bruce should have retired

Oh come on T if Bruce had retired Hill would have less than 100 yards a game through the air.

It's NOT Bruce, Bruh.

Though if you mean that as "It would save him from this mediocrity"? I get that too.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 11, 2009 at 17:13:00 ]

Off the top of my head I remember the Seattle game and the Broncos game (which knocked them out of the playoffs) in 06.
Originally posted by backontop:

the Smith haters forget anything good he had ever done and only remember his mistakes.

The only reason I remember that one is because his highlight reel is 4-5 plays long and that was one of them.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
If I've said this once I've said it a hundred times here.

Raye's playcalling is NOT the problem. He has to use what he's given and he HAS done this. He's used Davis and Walker and Martz hardly if EVER included them in his Offense. He runs the ball with Gore. Something that Martz didn't do very much of either.

The Receivers. If they could count on seeing the ball consistently deeper than 10-15 yards, I think they would start catching the ball more.

The OLine is it great? No. But they did get the job done over the previous 4 weeks. Only against the Rams and now the Falcons have they not been consistent.

There is a reason for the above issues NOT working properly.

Raye has to call Passing plays that are extremely limited. He can't open up the playbook because the guy under Center doesn't have a consistent arm.

The OLine has to protect him longer(still don't understand the 3 second drills in Camp) because he holds onto the F'n ball way too long. He's looking for the homerun pass.

The Receivers are going to CONTINUE to have issues holding onto his passes because they are getting their @$$3$ kicked in short yardage. The Opposing Defense sets up camp there and makes Hill beat their coverage. He RARELY does it, so they will continue to make him uncomfortable in the pocket and knock the Receivers around.

This is NOT new. This is something that has been happening since last season. Only people are so stoned on the Ws' they can't see straight.

And here I am shaking my head at how simple it really is. It's a team loss because it's a team sport. But one simple fix and things could be MUCH different.

~Ceadder

i'm pretty sure you said the same with hostler didn't you ?
Raye = hostler < Martz < Turner
and making an official "don't blame raye" thread every sunday won't change that fact....