There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Offensive post-game analysis (Week 5)

Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by alex2125:
Shaun Hill did not lose this game. He just did not do anything to win it.

For all his intangibles, Shaun Hill is not "The Guy" that some people claim him to be. If the defense is performing well, and the running game is performing well, then sure, Shaun Hill can "manage" the game. But if the other aspects of the team are failing, Shaun Hill cannot carry this team back.

Shaun Hill CAN "Not Lose A Game". Shaun Hill CANNOT go out and win a game. Especially against quality competition (Rams don't count).

I'm not saying that Alex Smith is the answer. I can no longer have a valid argument for him. I just hope the organization is not satisfied by having Shuan Hill carry us to the next level. We need to develop a young talented QB...Alex Smith, Nate Davis, or 2010 Draft pick.

Bingo. Hill isn't the answer.

This game was such a waste because Coach Mike wouldn't at least see what Alex Smith could do in the second half. Smith hasn't played in two years so let's get a look at him.

If we are gonna be anything this year it will be with Hill. If we start really dropping off, put Davis in. Smith had his chance and we all know exactly the outcome.

Yup, there's no point in giving Alex any game time whatsoever.
Hope the Chargers stink it up and Norv gets fired.
Originally posted by 49Fever:

For all his intangibles, Shaun Hill is not "The Guy" that some people claim him to be. If the defense is performing well, and the running game is performing well, then sure, Shaun Hill can "manage" the game. But if the other aspects of the team are failing, Shaun Hill cannot carry this team back.

Shaun Hill CAN "Not Lose A Game". Shaun Hill CANNOT go out and win a game. Especially against quality competition (Rams don't count).

I'm not saying that Alex Smith is the answer. I can no longer have a valid argument for him. I just hope the organization is not satisfied by having Shuan Hill carry us to the next level. We need to develop a young talented QB...Alex Smith, Nate Davis, or 2010 Draft pick.

This game was such a waste because Coach Mike wouldn't at least see what Alex Smith could do in the second half. Smith hasn't played in two years so let's get a look at him.

you absolutely do NOT put smith in the game it would have been a vote of no confidence to Hill and he wasn't the biggest problem although he doesn't seemed part of the solution either
Down the road in a meaningless 4th qtr when we're leading easy i'd like to see Davis but he won't happen cos we won't have a big 4th qtr lead this season ...

Do you remember the Eagles game during the 1994 season when Steve Young was benched?
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by backontop:
Hill sucks!

/thread

Yeah its his fault...the only one that showed any guts in this beating. I would prefer a better QB too but this game was not on him. Everyone played like s**t.

The guys who put it all on Hill don't know anything about football, it's safe to say.

can we put any of it on the great shaun hill----he competes hard but is not starting caliber nfl qb....i submit alex smith could do what raye asks of his qb, manage the conservative offense, as well as hill does and might be more of a threat downfield

If we are gonna be anything this year it will be with Hill. If we start really dropping off, put Davis in. Smith had his chance and we all know exactly the outcome.

Did Smith have a chance? That's highly debatable
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Yup, there's no point in giving Alex any game time whatsoever.

Great logic. Why even have Alex Smith on the team if there are so many haters?
Originally posted by 49Fever:

you absolutely do NOT put smith in the game it would have been a vote of no confidence to Hill and he wasn't the biggest problem although he doesn't seemed part of the solution either
Down the road in a meaningless 4th qtr when we're leading easy i'd like to see Davis but he won't happen cos we won't have a big 4th qtr lead this season ...

Who gives a s**t about confidence? You don't make the playoffs for having a QB with confidence that can't win a game when behind. You get to the playoffs by actually winning games. And if you have to shake things up by benching that player then you do it! For all we know Smith could have come in and torched the Falcons for 6 TD's or he could have been just as effective and Hill. But we will never know because we don't want to hurt hill's feelings
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
I know I'm gonna get flamed but whatever: if Sing had kept Martz, we would be at least NFC contenders.

With our O-line and the arm strength Hill has. NO!

Hill had everyone on his nuts last season.

That's what a great OC does: he adapts his offense.

I don't know if Martz can adjust his offense to hide Hills weaknesses. Martz loves those 7 step drops too much. Would have been fun to find out though.
Originally posted by DonJulio:

There has been a lot of revisionist history when it comes to Alex Smith.
Really disappointed in coffees lack of vision. He has ran the same way since preason just straight ahead. He has missed alot of good cutback holes. I really would liked to have seen sheets get an oppurtunity with gore out. I am so tired of seeing Hills rainbow passes just flutter in the air allowing the defenders to make plays. Not saying alex is the answer but damn can they put someone in who throw a damn spirral.
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by DonJulio:

There has been a lot of revisionist history when it comes to Alex Smith.

Agreed and most of it has been on the haters side.

What exactly is he going to do if given time? He plays at best on the same level as Hill.
I know I'm gonna get flamed but whatever: if Sing had kept Martz, we would be at least NFC contenders.

With our O-line and the arm strength Hill has. NO!

Hill had everyone on his nuts last season.

That's what a great OC does: he adapts his offense.

I don't know if Martz can adjust his offense to hide Hills weaknesses. Martz loves those 7 step drops too much. Would have been fun to find out though.

But like I said, it's not about Martz. You put your favorite OC on our booth and we are contenders just like that.
we are not a running team as long as we're stuck with that pathetic line!!!!!! why can't we try runs outside?
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

What exactly is he going to do if given time? He plays at best on the same level as Hill.

Again. How do we know? He hasn't played a game in two years.