There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Offensive post-game analysis (Week 5)

Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
I know I'm gonna get flamed but whatever: if Sing had kept Martz, we would be at least NFC contenders.

With our O-line and the arm strength Hill has. NO!
Shaun Hill did not lose this game. He just did not do anything to win it.

For all his intangibles, Shaun Hill is not "The Guy" that some people claim him to be. If the defense is performing well, and the running game is performing well, then sure, Shaun Hill can "manage" the game. But if the other aspects of the team are failing, Shaun Hill cannot carry this team back.

Shaun Hill CAN "Not Lose A Game". Shaun Hill CANNOT go out and win a game. Especially against quality competition (Rams don't count).

I'm not saying that Alex Smith is the answer. I can no longer have a valid argument for him. I just hope the organization is not satisfied by having Shuan Hill carry us to the next level. We need to develop a young talented QB...Alex Smith, Nate Davis, or 2010 Draft pick.

[ Edited by alex2125 on Oct 11, 2009 at 16:38:26 ]
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
As much as I love Gore, and think he is a top 5 RB. This team has too much invested in him.

i agree with that

that's why i hate this run mentality, we don't have the o-line to do it! shoot we don't even have the o-line to pass effectively without our qb getting sacked

I like how someone put it in the gameday thread.

We are the only smashmouth running team that can't run the ball.

LOL. Sad, but true. Just saying you are one doesn't make you one.

exactly I can call myself a millionair all I want. It doens't make me one. Singletary needs to recognise this and learn from it. He learned from Walsh supposedly. Well guess what Singletary, Walsh used the West Coast offense.
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by DonJulio:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by jones49:
Hill sucks!

/thread

Yeah its his fault...the only one that showed any guts in this beating. I would prefer a better QB too but this game was not on him. Everyone played like s**t.

Man remember when we use to blame Alex Smith for these type of games?

THAT IS MY POINT!!!!! Thank you, at least I am not the only one who is noticing this! Smith loses games. Hill plays in games with heart and the team loses games. Hmmm intersting!

Why, because Shaun grimaces and yells and Alex doesn't?

Well, he grimaced a little when he played those games with a severly separated shoulder. Oh, I'm sorry. No excuses for Alex.

Pshh Smith loses games. Hill plays with heart and loses in team efforts Oh you Hill swingers crack me up.

Hill's been passing the ball like he did in last weeks win- there's no strength in his throws...they just fall. I've always believed and still believe Smith is the (slightly) better option.........at the moment anyway.

[ Edited by DonJulio on Oct 11, 2009 at 16:39:04 ]
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
No one came to play. It amazes me that only Hill looked pissed. The team needs to wake up.

Hill has no right to be pissed he's a part of the problem
  • Envy
  • Veteran
All in all the offence took a collective brain fart today. I'm not so much disappointed with them because I didn't expect us to instantly become a high scoring team. What I was extremely upset with is that lessons are not being learned. That goes from the OC to the rooks. No-one to a man on that side of the ball looked like they wanted to win that game. Not one.
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
I know I'm gonna get flamed but whatever: if Sing had kept Martz, we would be at least NFC contenders.

With our O-line and the arm strength Hill has. NO!

Hill had everyone on his nuts last season.

That's what a great OC does: he adapts his offense.
Originally posted by alex2125:

For all his intangibles, Shaun Hill is not "The Guy" that some people claim him to be. If the defense is performing well, and the running game is performing well, then sure, Shaun Hill can "manage" the game. But if the other aspects of the team are failing, Shaun Hill cannot carry this team back.

Shaun Hill CAN "Not Lose A Game". Shaun Hill CANNOT go out and win a game. Especially against quality competition (Rams don't count).

I'm not saying that Alex Smith is the answer. I can no longer have a valid argument for him. I just hope the organization is not satisfied by having Shuan Hill carry us to the next level. We need to develop a young talented QB...Alex Smith, Nate Davis, or 2010 Draft pick.

Bingo. Hill isn't the answer.

This game was such a waste because Coach Mike wouldn't at least see what Alex Smith could do in the second half. Smith hasn't played in two years so let's get a look at him.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Hill sucks!

/thread

Yeah its his fault...the only one that showed any guts in this beating. I would prefer a better QB too but this game was not on him. Everyone played like s**t.

The guys who put it all on Hill don't know anything about football, it's safe to say.

Just like the guys who think it's got nothing to do with Hill
Originally posted by Thizz415:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
What offense?

This game was such a waste because Coach Mike wouldn't at least see what Alex Smith could do in the second half. Smith hasn't played in two years so let's get a look at him.

If we are gonna be anything this year it will be with Hill. If we start really dropping off, put Davis in. Smith had his chance and we all know exactly the outcome.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9ermj:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Hill sucks!

/thread

The guys who put it all on Hill don't know anything about football, it's safe to say.

Just like the guys who think it's got nothing to do with Hill

Who's saying that??
today's offense was weak like 7 work days yo.

you absolutely do NOT put smith in the game it would have been a vote of no confidence to Hill and he wasn't the biggest problem although he doesn't seemed part of the solution either
Down the road in a meaningless 4th qtr when we're leading easy i'd like to see Davis but he won't happen cos we won't have a big 4th qtr lead this season ...

If we are gonna be anything this year it will be with Hill. If we start really dropping off, put Davis in. Smith had his chance and we all know exactly the outcome.

What are you talking about Smith had his chance?