There are 42 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lewis has third concussion since mid August

thanks lewis.
Originally posted by Mex49:
Hopefully for him he will forget this whole day

Lol,

But on a serious note, 3 in such a short span is bad news. He needs to think about:

1) his health
2) his family

Does he want to have dementia at age 45?

The guy is a Warrior but a concussion is basically a brain bruise.

Time for the IR.

Bring up Taylor
Time to put him on IR, looks like we won't need to cut anybody for Crabtree to get on the field. I feel bad for Mike Lewis, he was playing awesome but when it's time to leave you have to leave and you have to think about your health, your wife, your kids, your quality of life after football, etc. This is sad but oh well. Looks like Roman will start again, which sucks but oh well.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Time to put him on IR, looks like we won't need to cut anybody for Crabtree to get on the field. I feel bad for Mike Lewis, he was playing awesome but when it's time to leave you have to leave and you have to think about your health, your wife, your kids, your quality of life after football, etc. This is sad but oh well. Looks like Roman will start again, which sucks but oh well.

hes not that bad of a SS
We need someone else.
while it is nice that we can dream of grabbing berry or maysin the draft, we gotta remember that there are still 11 games to go. we need to either get taylor ready or hope/pray that roman will step it up. I doubt roman will. or we try to pick someone from waivers or trade. both are highly doubtful. this is bad.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Time to put him on IR, looks like we won't need to cut anybody for Crabtree to get on the field. I feel bad for Mike Lewis, he was playing awesome but when it's time to leave you have to leave and you have to think about your health, your wife, your kids, your quality of life after football, etc. This is sad but oh well. Looks like Roman will start again, which sucks but oh well.

hes not that bad of a SS

You obviously haven't seen his attempts at tackling. Example: last year's game at Miami
this is bad real bad for us. M.Lewis may not be a superstar but he is a very solid vet safety. we need to get R.Smith as ready as possible because Roman sucks! I reallly hope Lewis can make it through the season next year we need to sign a S via FA or spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on one.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
His career might be over. This reminds me of Trent green

or Steve young...

yea, we might be seeing Roman for the rest of the season.


3 in 2 months sucks what sucks more is that Mark Roman is once again a starter. Lewis was performing well, he'll probably retire, especially considering he plays a position that's really predicated, especially in our defense, on him immersing himself into the contact.
A lot will depend on the severity of it...
Originally posted by kstolai:
We need someone else.

way to go and treat players like cattle
3 concussions??? We must think about what is best for the player (in this case) befor the team.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by Mex49:
Hopefully for him he will forget this whole day

Lol,

But on a serious note, 3 in such a short span is bad news. He needs to think about:

1) his health
2) his family

Does he want to have dementia at age 45?

The guy is a Warrior but a concussion is basically a brain bruise.

Time for the IR.

Bring up Taylor

Where have you been? Taylor has been on the 53 man roster the whole season and was supposed to be active for the Falcons game as well.
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
His career might be over. This reminds me of Trent green

or Steve young...

Look at Steve Young. Bright. Sharp. Opinionated. Even prone to anger on the set, etc. But that's good. He's got his mental faculties. He put it aside when he just could not tolerate one more concussion.

Lewis can be a great player at times. But this is more important. He needs to be careful here.