There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Reality Check - Identity Crisis

I really blame our d for thinking this was going to be easy for them

maybe we would have lost anyway, but 45 points? that is unacceptable, the d took the game off
I asked my friend who's a Raider fan before the season to critique my team and predict our record. He said 7-9 because your team lacks a QB if the run fails, a pass rushing stud or at least 2 above average ones, and your O-line isn't a cohesive unit yet cuz your gurards suck. Well today proved him right.

By the way, I predicted the Raiders would go 4-12!
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
I asked my friend who's a Raider fan before the season to critique my team and predict our record. He said 7-9 because your team lacks a QB if the run fails, a pass rushing stud or at least 2 above average ones, and your O-line isn't a cohesive unit yet cuz your gurards suck. Well today proved him right.

Raiders 4-12 is a little optimistic. Can't wait to see Al's first pick next year.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
It's as simple as this....THE O-line IS HORRENDOUS.. Until they play better as a unit we will not be any better than 8-8.. We cant be a dominate running team when the o line sucks this bad

That pretty much sums it up.

Now I agree, However, one thing I notice that the announcers said that was spot on was when they say "when given the opportunity". The o line was bad, but hill also missed out on a lot of plays. So make sure we give him his fare share. When the o line did hold up he didn't get it done. So to be fair make sure we spread the blame all around.
Well, Mr. Krey28, tell us what the 49ers paid Craptree. Then assure us that the team's uninspired, lackluster performance was not influenced by what happened this week.
Hill has a fatal flaw. He may be a good leader. He's certainly got moxie and plays with heart, but the guy simply is not very good at throwing the damn football. Far too many passes are being tipped at the line of scrimmage. The ball is hanging up in the air and taking forever to get to the receiver on every pass farther then 15 yards. If he gets touched in the slightest bit before the ball leaves his hand he misses his target by 10 yards. I never see him pump-fake or move defenders with his eyes. Bottom line, he does not have the type of arm that you expect to see in the NFL. I find myself holding my breath every time the ball leaves his hand.

Has the O line been playing bad? Sure! But not as bad as Green Bay's and I still see Rodgers making pretty throws. How about a little zip on the ball every now and again! If this is the best QB on our team, then we have some very piss poor QBs.
Originally posted by BHulman:

Raiders 4-12 is a little optimistic. Can't wait to see Al's first pick next year.

With the 1st pick in the 2010 draft, the Raiders select Usain Bolt of Jamaica!!!
hahahaha
Originally posted by kelpie70:
Guys this loss is not really as bad as it looks. Hopefully the guys can use the two weeks wisely and get back to playing NINER football. We do need to address the inadequacies with the run game, O-LINE, return games and WR play. We also need to address the lack of smart play too many penalties. Guys I know it looks bad, but let's keep our heads up.

I don't think you were watching the same game as the rest of us. That's the worst we've looked since Nolan was head coach. There are no redeeming qualities to be found in this game. No bright spots, no silver lining. We had our butts handed to us and we were beaten and humiliated in every facet of this game.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Players started to believe the hype.
Originally posted by BHulman:

With the 1st pick in the 2010 draft, the Raiders select Usain Bolt of Jamaica!!!
hahahaha

200 million guaranteed.
Originally posted by thojess:
Hill has a fatal flaw. He may be a good leader. He's certainly got moxie and plays with heart, but the guy simply is not very good at throwing the damn football. Far too many passes are being tipped at the line of scrimmage. The ball is hanging up in the air and taking forever to get to the receiver on every pass farther then 15 yards. If he gets touched in the slightest bit before the ball leaves his hand he misses his target by 10 yards. I never see him pump-fake or move defenders with his eyes. Bottom line, he does not have the type of arm that you expect to see in the NFL. I find myself holding my breath every time the ball leaves his hand.

Has the O line been playing bad? Sure! But not as bad as Green Bay's and I still see Rodgers making pretty throws. How about a little zip on the ball every now and again! If this is the best QB on our team, then we have some very piss poor QBs.

If Rodgers had just put the ball between his legs or whatever crazy thing coach Suit asked him to do.
The Niners were clearly distracted by the Crabtree saga. It happens. They'll be back.
we're playing without our star running back, wide receiver, and quarterback
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home