LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 151 users in the forums

Reality Check - Identity Crisis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
You called?

LOLOLOL
Maybe they thought they could just walk out on the field and whoop up on Atlanta. The media has finally noticed them, and I think they were just full of themselves. This was a good reality check.
WE NEED A FRANCHISE QB AND A FRANCHISE OFFENSIVE GUARD CENTER AND TACKLE........... WE WILL DESTROY HOUSTON!!!! SINGLETARY WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS EFFORT.... NICE INT DRE BLY, OH AND BY THE WAY YOUR NOT DEION SANDERS AND WHEN YOUR DOWN BY 25 POINTS YOU DON'T SHOW BOAT ANYWAY
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by kelpie70:
Guys,

I am watching the game and I not pleased with the effort as supposed to being angry because of the outcome. In the game of football you cannot win them all however, effort counts for a lot. I think the bye week comes at a very good time for us.

During the game, it was said that because Gore is not in the game Moran Norris is not used a lot. I thought we were being built to be a running team period not a Gore led running team. A team should be made of interchangeable parts. whether Gore is in the game or not the packages and run schemes I feel should not be different. Our offense is on shaky ground and we need to tighten things up over the bye week with personnel and schemes. It is obvious our passing game is not the way to go as it shows in this Atlanta game. If we were running the ball effectively, we would still be in this game.

This entire team needs a gut check and self introspection over the next two weeks as the COLTS are up next and the division placement could tighten quickly. We need explosiveness on our return teams. Delanie does not not look natural returning kickoffs and our punt return game is nothing to write home about either.

Bottom line, I think it shows some flaws within the scheme of things and it goes to show in the NFL that one week you can be dominant and the next you could be dominated. Consistency is what a team needs. Can't get to up on a big win and can't get to down after a big loss.

Yes losing sucks and I hate it, but maybe it was just what the doctor ordered for this team to keep them level headed. This game will serve as a marker to this team for the turnaround. Atlanta, laugh and yuk it up on the sidelines I will remember this game. We will make the playoffs this year.

GO NINERS!

Face it we're going on a 5 game skid starting today.

So much for Super Shaun.

~Ceadder

Didn't know it was Shaun running those awful routes, dropping balls. Fail troll.

Oh please , no he's not running crap routes but sure is spraying the ball all over or that also someone elses fault , and it's not just him the whole team sucks hard today
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
Maybe they thought they could just walk out on the field and whoop up on Atlanta. The media has finally noticed them, and I think they were just full of themselves. This was a good reality check.

this. brings us down to earth, and now we have two weeks to get our heads straight. i would not want to be spending any time with singletary if i were anyone on this team. he better rip them apart.
No identity crisis here. We're just not as good as we thought.
The Fox announcers were astonished that this team today was not the team they saw in the last four game tapes.

I said it before, and I'll say it again - do not underestimate the psycological effect of the 49ers signing Craptree. It insulted the players. Here was the 49er management throwing $40M to a jerk who ducked the entire training camp, has not even broke a sweat in any game, and he is rewarded. The team basically said to the 49ers "F**K YOU!"

The 49er management is clueless.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Reality check: Niners get exposed when they play without their only edge - heart and effort

Teams have enough tape on us (all they needed was one game worth really) to know every one of Raye 6-7 play repertoire.

And for some reason today the defense got their asses handed to them. No pressure on the QB, sloppy tackling, poor coverage, penalties and generally asshattery by the likes of Dre Bly.
Guys,

I am watching the game and I not pleased with the effort as supposed to being angry because of the outcome. In the game of football you cannot win them all however, effort counts for a lot. I think the bye week comes at a very good time for us.

During the game, it was said that because Gore is not in the game Moran Norris is not used a lot. I thought we were being built to be a running team period not a Gore led running team. A team should be made of interchangeable parts. whether Gore is in the game or not the packages and run schemes I feel should not be different. Our offense is on shaky ground and we need to tighten things up over the bye week with personnel and schemes. It is obvious our passing game is not the way to go as it shows in this Atlanta game. If we were running the ball effectively, we would still be in this game.

This entire team needs a gut check and self introspection over the next two weeks as the COLTS are up next and the division placement could tighten quickly. We need explosiveness on our return teams. Delanie does not not look natural returning kickoffs and our punt return game is nothing to write home about either.

Bottom line, I think it shows some flaws within the scheme of things and it goes to show in the NFL that one week you can be dominant and the next you could be dominated. Consistency is what a team needs. Can't get to up on a big win and can't get to down after a big loss.

Yes losing sucks and I hate it, but maybe it was just what the doctor ordered for this team to keep them level headed. This game will serve as a marker to this team for the turnaround. Atlanta, laugh and yuk it up on the sidelines I will remember this game. We will make the playoffs this year.

GO NINERS!

we need heart and a QB , not saying everything is hill's fault we need to get a new oc , OL and bring up sheets we need speed on RB on the outside insted of all this s**t on running inside !
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by excelsior:
The Fox announcers were astonished that this team today was not the team they saw in the last four game tapes.

I said it before, and I'll say it again - do not underestimate the psycological effect of the 49ers signing Craptree. It insulted the players. Here was the 49er management throwing $40M to a jerk who ducked the entire training camp, has not even broke a sweat in any game, and he is rewarded. The team basically said to the 49ers "F**K YOU!"

The 49er management is clueless.

No, I think you're clueless. The Niners didn't pay Crabtree $40 million.

Originally posted by brhokla:
where is our SHUT DOWN Defense? Take Shaun Hill OUT!
Guys,

GO NINERS!

So much for Super Shaun.

~Ceadder

Didn't know it was ______ running those awful routes, dropping balls. Fail troll.

Mmmmm sounds awfully familiar. I don't want ANYONE to fail. If they fail then we fail.

But the 3 and outs are killing us. And you're essentially stating that Hill is playing perfect. Which you and I both know that he ain't.

I agree the Receivers need to hang onto the ball when it's in their hands but you're saying it's all their fault. Talk about a WEAK stance.

If I said that about a certain someone you would be all in my face over it and rightfully so.

~Ceadder

EXACTLY!

Everything that people say in defense for Shaun Hill has already been said about Alex Smith. Yet, everyone is expected to accept those excuses when it's the beloved Shaum Hill.
Guys,

GO NINERS!

So much for Super Shaun.

~Ceadder

Didn't know it was Shaun running those awful routes, dropping balls. Fail troll.

No, he is the one who was throwing the ball into the ground in front of our receivers, throwing int and looking awkward and unathletic
I really blame our d for thinking this was going to be easy for them

maybe we would have lost anyway, but 45 points? that is unacceptable, the d took the game off
I asked my friend who's a Raider fan before the season to critique my team and predict our record. He said 7-9 because your team lacks a QB if the run fails, a pass rushing stud or at least 2 above average ones, and your O-line isn't a cohesive unit yet cuz your gurards suck. Well today proved him right.

By the way, I predicted the Raiders would go 4-12!
Share 49ersWebzone