LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 197 users in the forums

Reality Check - Identity Crisis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Guys,

I am watching the game and I not pleased with the effort as supposed to being angry because of the outcome. In the game of football you cannot win them all however, effort counts for a lot. I think the bye week comes at a very good time for us.

During the game, it was said that because Gore is not in the game Moran Norris is not used a lot. I thought we were being built to be a running team period not a Gore led running team. A team should be made of interchangeable parts. whether Gore is in the game or not the packages and run schemes I feel should not be different. Our offense is on shaky ground and we need to tighten things up over the bye week with personnel and schemes. It is obvious our passing game is not the way to go as it shows in this Atlanta game. If we were running the ball effectively, we would still be in this game.

This entire team needs a gut check and self introspection over the next two weeks as the COLTS are up next and the division placement could tighten quickly. We need explosiveness on our return teams. Delanie does not not look natural returning kickoffs and our punt return game is nothing to write home about either.

Bottom line, I think it shows some flaws within the scheme of things and it goes to show in the NFL that one week you can be dominant and the next you could be dominated. Consistency is what a team needs. Can't get to up on a big win and can't get to down after a big loss.

Yes losing sucks and I hate it, but maybe it was just what the doctor ordered for this team to keep them level headed. This game will serve as a marker to this team for the turnaround. Atlanta, laugh and yuk it up on the sidelines I will remember this game. We will make the playoffs this year.

GO NINERS!

Originally posted by kelpie70:
Guys,

I am watching the game and I not pleased with the effort as supposed to being angry because of the outcome. In the game of football you cannot win them all however, effort counts for a lot. I think the bye week comes at a very good time for us.

During the game, it was said that because Gore is not in the game Moran Norris is not used a lot. I thought we were being built to be a running team period not a Gore led running team. A team should be made of interchangeable parts. whether Gore is in the game or not the packages and run schemes I feel should not be different. Our offense is on shaky ground and we need to tighten things up over the bye week with personnel and schemes. It is obvious our passing game is not the way to go as it shows in this Atlanta game. If we were running the ball effectively, we would still be in this game.

This entire team needs a gut check and self introspection over the next two weeks as the COLTS are up next and the division placement could tighten quickly. We need explosiveness on our return teams. Delanie does not not look natural returning kickoffs and our punt return game is nothing to write home about either.

Bottom line, I think it shows some flaws within the scheme of things and it goes to show in the NFL that one week you can be dominant and the next you could be dominated. Consistency is what a team needs. Can't get to up on a big win and can't get to down after a big loss.

Yes losing sucks and I hate it, but maybe it was just what the doctor ordered for this team to keep them level headed. This game will serve as a marker to this team for the turnaround. Atlanta, laugh and yuk it up on the sidelines I will remember this game. We will make the playoffs this year.

GO NINERS!

Face it we're going on a 5 game skid starting today.

So much for Super Shaun.

~Ceadder
where is our SHUT DOWN Defense? Take Shaun Hill OUT!
Looks to me as though the 49ers did experience Crabtree Distraction this preparation week. We'll definitely rebound from this.
It's as simple as this....THE O-line IS HORRENDOUS.. Until they play better as a unit we will not be any better than 8-8.. We cant be a dominate running team when the o line sucks this bad
  • ZRF80
This is a simple little problem called "IM the s**t" syndrome. The Niners were doing a helluva job until now, and I think all the media attention finally got to them. After last week's blowout, they thought they were the big s**t........thought they would come in today and roll all over ATL. But WHACK ! We got b***h slapped in the face.

Time to go back to square one and work on the basics. When you're the Pats and/or Colts, you can take plays off. But when you're celelbrating after an INT and you have 70 yards to go before you cross the goalline, or when you make a catch and slow down before a TD, this is a problem.

I hope Sing punishes them big these 2 weeks.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Guys,

GO NINERS!

So much for Super Shaun.

~Ceadder

Didn't know it was Shaun running those awful routes, dropping balls. Fail troll.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Guys,

GO NINERS!

So much for Super Shaun.

~Ceadder

Didn't know it was ______ running those awful routes, dropping balls. Fail troll.

Mmmmm sounds awfully familiar. I don't want ANYONE to fail. If they fail then we fail.

But the 3 and outs are killing us. And you're essentially stating that Hill is playing perfect. Which you and I both know that he ain't.

I agree the Receivers need to hang onto the ball when it's in their hands but you're saying it's all their fault. Talk about a WEAK stance.

If I said that about a certain someone you would be all in my face over it and rightfully so.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Guys,

GO NINERS!

So much for Super Shaun.

~Ceadder

Didn't know it was Shaun running those awful routes, dropping balls. Fail troll.

Although it's not all Hill's fault, he has enough blame. You're not the QB of an NFL team and have so many miscommunications with your route runners. They're equally to blame along with s**t play-calling.
You called?

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
You called?

• capsurvivor52
  • Info N/A
Falcons did their homework, Niners D got exposed. Still no pass rush, turnover opportunities absent, poor tackling could not be masked by a victory today.
  • Imfasterrthanurr
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
You called?

Usually I'm angry after a 49er loss. But this is too funny! lol
  • Imfasterrthanurr
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by capsurvivor52:
Falcons did their homework, Niners D got exposed. Still no pass rush, turnover opportunities absent, poor tackling could not be masked by a victory today.

Offensively, they did a lot limit our strengths, their game-planning was superb (e.g. sending the tight-end out on runs to counter our aggressive run-defense).

Defensively, they played uptight, exposing our passing offense's lack of a deep-threat.

I'm a 49er Faithful, but it would be naive to overlook the holes on our team. I hope we fix it after the bye-week.
Guys this loss is not really as bad as it looks. Hopefully the guys can use the two weeks wisely and get back to playing NINER football. We do need to address the inadequacies with the run game, O-LINE, return games and WR play. We also need to address the lack of smart play too many penalties. Guys I know it looks bad, but let's keep our heads up.
Share 49ersWebzone