There are 231 users in the forums

Eugene Parker has no class

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by TenderLoinTimmy:
Ok, so he's no Jerry Mcguire, we see that. Crabs looked very shaky and unprepared for his presser and to be honest, the media was very merciful on him. I could see him getting eaten alive had he been in an east coast market(NYC, Phi, NE, etc.) The more he talked, the more I saw the diva image vanish. So that makes me wonder who was driving his late arrival.....

Maddog, you don't feel that this whole fiasco has hurt his rep a bit? With all the bad air around him, I'd want to explore my options before committing to him if I was an NFL prospect.

The Crabtree holdout is not going to hurt his rep especially when you look at other contracts he has negotiated as of late like the extensions of Steven Jackson, Greg Jennings and Jason Peters. I'm sure he'd still claim a victory on the total worth of this deal with a max of 40 million and has Larry Fitzgerald's rookie deal to show for as well.

If you don't know or don't remember he managed to get the 3rd overall pick in Fitz 6 million more on the total worth than the #1 overall Eli Manning and got the Cards to match Eli's guaranteed amount of 20 million so just because he could not get the 49ers to bust the slot on Crabtree's guaranteed amount or that his client held out for 72 days does not mean he is unsuccessful or a scumbag. He is very very good at what he does.

In the end it is up to the client and not Parker as to whether a deal offered will be accepted. Parker simply informs his client of whether he thinks the offer is fair or whether he thinks he can get a better contract negotiated.

I think the Crabtree holdout "dings" his rep a little since, it was pointless (since he could have likely gotten the same contract had he just come to the bargaining table earlier) and made his client look bad, BUT he has plenty of successes to fall back on, as you mentioned.

Just like everyone, he has his victories and his defeats. But yeah...he's been a successful agent and his entire body of work speaks for him, not just this situation.

I'm not so sure it is true that he had the same deal on the table as before. As Brandt stated in his article, Crabtree's holdout possibly gained him an extra $8 million over the previous offer from the Niners, which was reported to be 5 years, $20 million. His final contract was 6 years, $32 million (the sixth year is valued at $4 million), with the potential of an additional $8 million extra dollars if he makes the Pro-Bowl in one year (more challenging), and he takes 80% of the snaps in another year in which the Niners make the playoff (less challenging).

it sounds a pretty similar deal, except for that fact that its an extra year longer. you hear a lot about that 2nd contract, how that's where the real money is made. If so, then I think its fair to say that crabtree ended up with worse deal than was originally offered.

Prorated out, even with the extra year, is a substantial difference. The extra year would be the worth the value of $12 million minimum, $20 million maximum if we are using the 5 year, $20 million dollar number. In other words, if he hits his escalator, it is double the size of the original offer, for that 6th year. Not a bad 6th year.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Ok, so he's no Jerry Mcguire, we see that. Crabs looked very shaky and unprepared for his presser and to be honest, the media was very merciful on him. I could see him getting eaten alive had he been in an east coast market(NYC, Phi, NE, etc.) The more he talked, the more I saw the diva image vanish. So that makes me wonder who was driving his late arrival.....

Maddog, you don't feel that this whole fiasco has hurt his rep a bit? With all the bad air around him, I'd want to explore my options before committing to him if I was an NFL prospect.

The Crabtree holdout is not going to hurt his rep especially when you look at other contracts he has negotiated as of late like the extensions of Steven Jackson, Greg Jennings and Jason Peters. I'm sure he'd still claim a victory on the total worth of this deal with a max of 40 million and has Larry Fitzgerald's rookie deal to show for as well.

If you don't know or don't remember he managed to get the 3rd overall pick in Fitz 6 million more on the total worth than the #1 overall Eli Manning and got the Cards to match Eli's guaranteed amount of 20 million so just because he could not get the 49ers to bust the slot on Crabtree's guaranteed amount or that his client held out for 72 days does not mean he is unsuccessful or a scumbag. He is very very good at what he does.

In the end it is up to the client and not Parker as to whether a deal offered will be accepted. Parker simply informs his client of whether he thinks the offer is fair or whether he thinks he can get a better contract negotiated.

I think the Crabtree holdout "dings" his rep a little since, it was pointless (since he could have likely gotten the same contract had he just come to the bargaining table earlier) and made his client look bad, BUT he has plenty of successes to fall back on, as you mentioned.

Just like everyone, he has his victories and his defeats. But yeah...he's been a successful agent and his entire body of work speaks for him, not just this situation.

I'm not so sure it is true that he had the same deal on the table as before. As Brandt stated in his article, Crabtree's holdout possibly gained him an extra $8 million over the previous offer from the Niners, which was reported to be 5 years, $20 million. His final contract was 6 years, $32 million (the sixth year is valued at $4 million), with the potential of an additional $8 million extra dollars if he makes the Pro-Bowl in one year (more challenging), and he takes 80% of the snaps in another year in which the Niners make the playoff (less challenging).

Let's not forget he only has three years to achieve those two feats. I think the point that you seem to be dancing around is that the 49ers were willing to meet weeks ago and got snubbed. This deal was likely reachable if the two sides were to sit down weeks ago. Parker cost his client valuable playing time and now Crabtree has to be a probowler in order to see an extra penny. That's a big win for the Niners.

Reviewing the contract under Brandt's article, here is how he can waive the final year:

(1) Crabtree makes one Pro Bowl in the first four years of the contract AND in the first five years of the contract, in a year other than the year he makes the Pro Bowl, Crabtree plays in 80% of the team’s offensive plays and the team makes the playoffs in that year;

OR

(2) Crabtree makes one Pro Bowl in the first four years of the contract AND in the first five years of the contract, in a year other than the year he makes the Pro Bowl, is named All-NFL and the team makes the playoffs in that year;

OR

(3) Crabtree makes two Pro Bowls in the first five years of the contract

So, while he does have to make the Pro-Bowl in 2010, 2011, or 2012, he can, in 2013, take 80% of the snaps with a team which makes the playoff, and still hit the incentive.

If the team doesn't make the playoffs, he could still make the money if he makes the Pro-Bowl in two of these four years: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Crabs looks like he just got his braces off or something whenever he smiles

continue.

LOL
Eugene Parker has no ass??

What??

Of course Parker was the driving force behind the late arrival, as he should have been. I think Parker made a poor strategic move, and the contract bears that out, but think about the situation that Crabtree's in.

He's 22 years old (think about when you were 22), and he's put in a position where millions of dollars are in the balance...possibly TENS of millions of dollars. 22 year old business majors aren't equipped to deal with that sort of thing, much less 22 year old football players. Crabtree rightfully put his fate in his agent's hands. He's getting paid to catch passes and score TDs, but on the business side of things he's gotta let those that represent him run the show.

That being said, he could have told his agent that he wanted to get the best deal by a certain date, because he didn't want to miss any games. But IMO, that's asking a lot out of a 22 year old who would obviously (and rightfully) trust his agent to do the right thing.

I don't have any bad feelings toward Crabtree for how this went down. He's a kid.

You're right,he is just a kid who put all his faith into Parker who has something like 20yrs experience to handle what was probably the biggest decision in his life.After holding out for a while and listening to the negativity directed towards him,his agent,etc and hearing from people like Jim Brown to get signed he figured it's best to get a contract now rather than later or not at all imo.The media said it's unusual for a player to go to his own contract negotiations which he did.

It's a done deal now so go Niners!!
Originally posted by 2cents:
Originally posted by sizzle86:
Crabs needs to work on his public speaking skills.

Some people are inherently introverted. He will get better but it looks to me like he will never enjoy it.

Right. Issac Bruce is supposed to be very introverted. I could care less about the poduim. "Talk" on the field is what counts.
http://www.sports-agent-directory.com/sports-agents/eugeneparker.asp

Parker's Agent Profile
Originally posted by AmpLee:

Let's not forget he only has three years to achieve those two feats. I think the point that you seem to be dancing around is that the 49ers were willing to meet weeks ago and got snubbed. This deal was likely reachable if the two sides were to sit down weeks ago. Parker cost his client valuable playing time and now Crabtree has to be a probowler in order to see an extra penny. That's a big win for the Niners.

Reviewing the contract under Brandt's article, here is how he can waive the final year:

(1) Crabtree makes one Pro Bowl in the first four years of the contract AND in the first five years of the contract, in a year other than the year he makes the Pro Bowl, Crabtree plays in 80% of the team’s offensive plays and the team makes the playoffs in that year;

OR

(2) Crabtree makes one Pro Bowl in the first four years of the contract AND in the first five years of the contract, in a year other than the year he makes the Pro Bowl, is named All-NFL and the team makes the playoffs in that year;

OR

(3) Crabtree makes two Pro Bowls in the first five years of the contract

So, while he does have to make the Pro-Bowl in 2010, 2011, or 2012, he can, in 2013, take 80% of the snaps with a team which makes the playoff, and still hit the incentive.

If the team doesn't make the playoffs, he could still make the money if he makes the Pro-Bowl in two of these four years: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.

I think you've misunderstood the details of the contract. The standards for voiding the sixth year and triggering the financial escalators are different. Making the Pro-Bowl has nothing to do with getting that extra 8 million.

A few things you've failed to mention:

1. If Crabtree fails to void the sixth year (which is likely) the guaranteed money is actually less (yearly average) than the 10th slot. To fit within the slot on a six year deal, the guaranteed money would need to be around 20 mil.

2. The "Diva Clause." If Crabs fails to participate fully in all mandatory activities and at least 90% of voluntary activities, ALL of the salary escalators can be wiped out by the team.

3. "Though the performance trigger for the extra $8 million to be paid out in the sixth year of the contract is different than the performance trigger that would void the contract from six years to five, it's highly unlikely -- as a practical matter -- that Crabtree would earn the "superstar" package without also successfully voiding the sixth year of the deal. So, in other words, it will be a six-year, $32 million deal or a five-year, $28 million deal, but it most likely will never be a six-year, $40 million deal."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/09/certain-aspects-of-crabtree-contract-raises-eyebrows/

[ Edited by Rojo49 on Oct 9, 2009 at 22:59:57 ]
Originally posted by E-49er:

Parker's Agent Profile

dudes a brotha! not what I picture when i think of the name "eugene"

Jerry, please come help this kid be great!

He built a heck of a pipeline at Florida State....Thanks to Deion Sanders.

Parker's Agent Profile

More Pro-Bowlers than any agent in the NFL, with nine players. Even more than Condon, who has seven. Pretty impressive.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Yea crabs looked real uncomfortable being Alone...Parkers a punk and he didn't want to take the blame.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
He built a heck of a pipeline at Florida State....Thanks to Deion Sanders.

Same can be said for Rosenhaus and his long list of players from the U.

• evil
  • Veteran

Parker's Agent Profile

His website :

http://www.maximumsports.com/
Share 49ersWebzone