There are 414 users in the forums

Eugene Parker has no class

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Eugene Parker is a piece of crap.

he lost and going to lose a lot of players him and that b***h Dieon !
Originally posted by cNiner:

Not a chance. He will have a very full set of players for years to come. You are wishful thinking, and your anger is clouding your thinking.

No reason to be angry about any of this. Let it go.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Oct 9, 2009 at 08:05:24 ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Not a chance. He will have a very full set of players for years to come. You are wishful thinking, and your anger is clouding your thinking.

this f**ker wasted 8-9 weeks of this kids development and did not have the balls to show up for the press thing, And they did not get what they wanted little bit more but not what they wanted to save face ! i guess parker was not happy with the deal that's why he did not show up !

this f**ker wasted 8-9 weeks of this kids development and did not have the balls to show up for the press thing, And they did not get what they wanted little bit more but not what they wanted to save face ! i guess parker was not happy with the deal that's why he did not show up !

MD wants you to let it go because he was all over Parker's nuts and we all know Parker screwed the pooch on this deal.
Ok, so he's no Jerry Mcguire, we see that. Crabs looked very shaky and unprepared for his presser and to be honest, the media was very merciful on him. I could see him getting eaten alive had he been in an east coast market(NYC, Phi, NE, etc.) The more he talked, the more I saw the diva image vanish. So that makes me wonder who was driving his late arrival.....

Maddog, you don't feel that this whole fiasco has hurt his rep a bit? With all the bad air around him, I'd want to explore my options before committing to him if I was an NFL prospect.
Crabtree's a Niner Now.

THREAD CLOSED.

You sound like a Jedi
Originally posted by TenderLoinTimmy:
Ok, so he's no Jerry Mcguire, we see that. Crabs looked very shaky and unprepared for his presser and to be honest, the media was very merciful on him. I could see him getting eaten alive had he been in an east coast market(NYC, Phi, NE, etc.) The more he talked, the more I saw the diva image vanish. So that makes me wonder who was driving his late arrival.....

Maddog, you don't feel that this whole fiasco has hurt his rep a bit? With all the bad air around him, I'd want to explore my options before committing to him if I was an NFL prospect.

Of course Parker was the driving force behind the late arrival, as he should have been. I think Parker made a poor strategic move, and the contract bears that out, but think about the situation that Crabtree's in.

He's 22 years old (think about when you were 22), and he's put in a position where millions of dollars are in the balance...possibly TENS of millions of dollars. 22 year old business majors aren't equipped to deal with that sort of thing, much less 22 year old football players. Crabtree rightfully put his fate in his agent's hands. He's getting paid to catch passes and score TDs, but on the business side of things he's gotta let those that represent him run the show.

That being said, he could have told his agent that he wanted to get the best deal by a certain date, because he didn't want to miss any games. But IMO, that's asking a lot out of a 22 year old who would obviously (and rightfully) trust his agent to do the right thing.

I don't have any bad feelings toward Crabtree for how this went down. He's a kid.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Yea crabs looked real uncomfortable being Alone...Parkers a punk and he didn't want to take the blame.

No kidding. Amazing how quickly Parker and his shill Deion Sanders have moved on now that the contract has been signed. They are now working on ruining Dez Bryant's career just like they almost ruined Crabtree's.

Meh. This is just the agent acting as a fall guy so his client doesn't look like a total douche-bag. Good move for Eugene to fall on the sword to improve Crabtree's post-deal relationship with the 49ers and their fans.

WTF are you talking about? He hasn't "fallen on the sword" for Crabtree. He left Crabtree hanging out to dry in front of the media, and if you were watching, Parker and Deion didn't exactly prepare him very well for his interviews. Parker is a soulless, money grubbing agent who gave a player bad advice, caved in, and then went back into hiding instead of facing the media with his client. Way to strengthen the relationship, Eugene!

Once again, I believe the "hiding" word is horribly unfair. As stated earlier, this is not a guy who hangs out at press conferences, and discusses things with the media. If you do a google search on Eugene Parker statements, press conferences, interviews, etc. you really cannot find much, if anything. Even after some of his mega contracts have been signed.

He does the behind the scenes work, and then disappears. It is not a matter if he has received a perfect contract or not.

P.S. You will notice that Parker will not even attempt to defend himself in the media. A regular guy would be attempting to set the record straight. This is simply not important to him.

Finally, the old timers in the media who have known Parker are not the ones making these statements. It is only the younger beat writers, or website masters (MM and Mike Florio are the ones really beating the drum, and they could hardly be seen as objective throughout this whole process), who have had little to no contact over the years with Parker who seem to be accusing him of abandoning Crabtree. The John Claytons, Len Pastabelly's of the world are not making these statements. In fact, they are the only ones who have commented on Parker's style of working as an agent throughout this process.

The only reason I am responding to this thread is that I believe the accusations are really unfair. If people knew his style, they would not accuse him of abandoning Crabtree.

Regardless of his "m.o." or his "style," consciously leaving your client alone on an island surrounded by sharks is not the right thing to do (IMO). His previous clients' situations which define his "m.o." and "style" are not the same as this. Don't forget this is a "special" contract.
  • evil
  • Veteran

The Crabtree holdout is not going to hurt his rep especially when you look at other contracts he has negotiated as of late like the extensions of Steven Jackson, Greg Jennings and Jason Peters. I'm sure he'd still claim a victory on the total worth of this deal with a max of 40 million and has Larry Fitzgerald's rookie deal to show for as well.

If you don't know or don't remember he managed to get the 3rd overall pick in Fitz 6 million more on the total worth than the #1 overall Eli Manning and got the Cards to match Eli's guaranteed amount of 20 million so just because he could not get the 49ers to bust the slot on Crabtree's guaranteed amount or that his client held out for 72 days does not mean he is unsuccessful or a scumbag. He is very very good at what he does.

In the end it is up to the client and not Parker as to whether a deal offered will be accepted. Parker simply informs his client of whether he thinks the offer is fair or whether he thinks he can get a better contract negotiated.

Originally posted by jreff22:

You sound like a Jedi

Originally posted by KRS-1:

The Crabtree holdout is not going to hurt his rep especially when you look at other contracts he has negotiated as of late like the extensions of Steven Jackson, Greg Jennings and Jason Peters. I'm sure he'd still claim a victory on the total worth of this deal with a max of 40 million and has Larry Fitzgerald's rookie deal to show for as well.

If you don't know or don't remember he managed to get the 3rd overall pick in Fitz 6 million more on the total worth than the #1 overall Eli Manning and got the Cards to match Eli's guaranteed amount of 20 million so just because he could not get the 49ers to bust the slot on Crabtree's guaranteed amount or that his client held out for 72 days does not mean he is unsuccessful or a scumbag. He is very very good at what he does.

In the end it is up to the client and not Parker as to whether a deal offered will be accepted. Parker simply informs his client of whether he thinks the offer is fair or whether he thinks he can get a better contract negotiated.

I think the Crabtree holdout "dings" his rep a little since, it was pointless (since he could have likely gotten the same contract had he just come to the bargaining table earlier) and made his client look bad, BUT he has plenty of successes to fall back on, as you mentioned.

Just like everyone, he has his victories and his defeats. But yeah...he's been a successful agent and his entire body of work speaks for him, not just this situation.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Of course Parker was the driving force behind the late arrival, as he should have been. I think Parker made a poor strategic move, and the contract bears that out, but think about the situation that Crabtree's in.

He's 22 years old (think about when you were 22), and he's put in a position where millions of dollars are in the balance...possibly TENS of millions of dollars. 22 year old business majors aren't equipped to deal with that sort of thing, much less 22 year old football players. Crabtree rightfully put his fate in his agent's hands. He's getting paid to catch passes and score TDs, but on the business side of things he's gotta let those that represent him run the show.

That being said, he could have told his agent that he wanted to get the best deal by a certain date, because he didn't want to miss any games. But IMO, that's asking a lot out of a 22 year old who would obviously (and rightfully) trust his agent to do the right thing.

I don't have any bad feelings toward Crabtree for how this went down. He's a kid.

Well, yeah, I don't hold too much against Crabs. It must be hard to make your own decision as a 22 year old man when you have so many high profile "mentors/friends" that are all telling you there is more to gain than what you see in front of you. I almost look at him like the kid who got peer pressured into shoplifting and got caught. I was really asking myself today, how would Crabtree really know Deion Sanders for years? After doing som wiki research, the timelines didn't make sense. I don't even know what's going on with Deion and that WR Dez Bryant(?) but it already doesn't look good for Eugen Parker. While he's no Tank Black, I still feel that his actions through out this ordeal robbed his client time and character. And that's why I think he'll have a harder time recruiting the top of the draft.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by KRS-1:

I think the Crabtree holdout "dings" his rep a little since, it was pointless (since he could have likely gotten the same contract had he just come to the bargaining table earlier) and made his client look bad, BUT he has plenty of successes to fall back on, as you mentioned.

Just like everyone, he has his victories and his defeats. But yeah...he's been a successful agent and his entire body of work speaks for him, not just this situation.

KRS, good points. That Fitz contract is the crown jewel of his career thus far, no? With that in mind one thing really pops ou to me.... SF FO> ARZ FO.

But I'm going to press a little further on what LA said and say that there's enough controversy around him to think that it would hurt business in general for him on every front.
One thing to keep in mind is that recruiting talent to one agency or another is very competitive.

Parker has just given his competition huge ammunition to use against him.

You think Rosenhaus or others won't be all over this when potential draft picks start signing up? Fear and doubt is a powerful motivator.
Share 49ersWebzone