There are 139 users in the forums

i may be the only one but coffee...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well Gores been very unimpressive too except for two runs where the line blocked

Its the line
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Well Gores been very unimpressive too except for two runs where the line blocked

Its the line

first bold is an overstatement

second bold is on the money
Originally posted by jta854:

Its the line

I dint think so running wise he hasnt done squat verse arizona 22 atts 30 yds HORRIBLE.. But is isnt gore or coffe there is no lanes

[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Oct 8, 2009 at 08:27:01 ]
He runs with his head down... misses holds.... and doesn't seem to have that natural ability to run the ball.. also I have never seen him " run to day light"... But I have however seen him repeatedly run into the linemens back instead of the whole right beside him... Sheets looked like a better back to me, but I hope he can step his game up.....
other than the o-line.... coffee is my biggest disappointment so far this season
This week the O-line should be some better (can't be much worse) and Atlanta doesn't have a great run D. I predict he runs for 100+ yards and looks a lot better. Best thing about Coffee, can't be overstated, is that he doesn't fumble.

Its the line

I dint think so running wise he hasnt done squat verse arizona 22 atts 30 yds HORRIBLE.. But is isnt gore or coffe there is no lanes

don't want to sound like a broken record but we have to figure to draw defenses away from stacking the box. until then our running game is gonna look like crap no matter who you blame.
Coffee is a rookie and our BACK UP running back. He's doing a serviceable job so far. I'd rather have him grinding it out in the middle and keeping Defenses honest than trying to make plays that may or may not have been there.
Let's see how he does against Atlanta (who has not been good against the run this year) and remind ourselves that Frank will soon be back to the rock.
I'd also like to see a few runs called that scheme good things as opposed to relying on a perfect blocking execution.
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:

Its the line

don't want to sound like a broken record but we have to figure to draw defenses away from stacking the box. until then our running game is gonna look like crap no matter who you blame.

frank gore has played two games............................. why do people think we suck at running the ball? and like i said.. we need more productivity out of coffee
You're not alone, I'm not impressed either. Any RB can take a hand-off and run where they're supposed to go. But a great RB has vision to see lanes and cut back or change directions and break more tackles. I just haven't seen that yet. Of course, our OL haven't given much running lanes in the first place (except for the Seattle game), so I'll cut the rookie some slack.

I still think Sheets should've been activated because he's a speedy guy, reminds me of Sproles. But HC thinks he needs to improve on picking up blitzes, wouldn't want Hill to get sacked even more than he already has been so far this season.

• A-R-S
  • Veteran
He has shown no tackle breaking ability, no burst, and no vision. Not a good start.
I'm still giving Coffee the benefit of the doubt. He's a rookie trying to run behind an offensive line that hasn't performed as well as we had hoped.

I still wish we would have drafted Rashad Jennings in the 3rd round that year instead of having him fall all the way to the 5th to Jacksonville.
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:

Its the line

frank gore has played two games............................. why do people think we suck at running the ball? and like i said.. we need more productivity out of coffee

Coffees played 2......... and we do suck we might have the worst oline in the league one of them know doubt

[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Oct 8, 2009 at 08:59:43 ]
I also think a large part of it is our o-line. Hopefully they get their s**t together this week because they're making our backs look bad.
Yup, the O-line has been underwhelming. They need to step it up before we can get more production from Coffee or Gore once he returns.
Share 49ersWebzone