There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers vs. Crabtree (Contract - Who Won?)

49ers vs. Crabtree (Contract - Who Won?)

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
What kinda stupid question is that? Who won? We won. He was the one who caved, he was the won who didn't get to enjoy being 3-1, he is the one who gets basically the same contract. Who won? Ha, child pleez.

And how do you know he caved exactly?

Did we raise the contract? No. Did we come meet him at Deion's crib? No. Did he come to see us? Yes. Would he of done this if we were 1-3? Probably not. So to some up, Did MC cave? Yes.

How do you know we didn't raise the contract? The other stuff....really?

One cuz Adam Schefter said so. Two cuz we have said over and over that we wouldn't. I mean come on the only thing that went up were the incentives, which is fine cuz we are getting a top 3 maybe best overall player in the draft, so it's all good.

I haven't seen anything from Schefter that says that we didn't raise the contract. Don't get me wrong, I hope it's true, but just because there are performance incentives in the contract doesn't mean that the base/guaranteed money didn't change as well. Also, how easy will it be to reach the performance incentives? If it's something like 20 catches in a season, it is essentially the same thing as guaranteed money.

We said over and over that we wouldn't....so? That happens in negotiations all the time. Crabtree & Parker said that they wouldn't move off of their position either. Who cares what people say, it's a negotiation.

Schefter said it on ESPN, plus Parker and MC pulled a Jay Cutler for a while they wouldn't even talk to us, even though Jed York and Co. were calling them, so the incentive thing was gonna happen one way or another, MC's deal the whole time was getting more than DHB, especially getting more guaranteed, so in the end I'm not that PO'ed after all cuz one the deals done, two MC is better than DHB, and he is still pretty young, even though he has been pretty immature up till now, especially listening to people like Deion and even MC Hammer for whatever reason. Along wit his stupid cuzzin.
If he produces like we know he can I think BOTH sides won!
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Who cares? It's over and done. Lets get this kid on the field and play football. I'm more interested if the 9ers drop the tampering charges against the Jets now or if it goes forward? Can they even drop the charges after filed?

What is interesting to me is that the Jets traded a few picks away to get Braylon Edwards. I wonder if they were expecting to get fined draft picks, so they traded them away before Goodell could take them. Just something to think about...
What kinda stupid question is that? Who won? We won. He was the one who caved, he was the won who didn't get to enjoy being 3-1, he is the one who gets basically the same contract. Who won? Ha, child pleez.

Did we raise the contract? No. Did we come meet him at Deion's crib? No. Did he come to see us? Yes. Would he of done this if we were 1-3? Probably not. So to some up, Did MC cave? Yes.

One cuz Adam Schefter said so. Two cuz we have said over and over that we wouldn't. I mean come on the only thing that went up were the incentives, which is fine cuz we are getting a top 3 maybe best overall player in the draft, so it's all good.

I haven't seen anything from Schefter that says that we didn't raise the contract. Don't get me wrong, I hope it's true, but just because there are performance incentives in the contract doesn't mean that the base/guaranteed money didn't change as well. Also, how easy will it be to reach the performance incentives? If it's something like 20 catches in a season, it is essentially the same thing as guaranteed money.

We said over and over that we wouldn't....so? That happens in negotiations all the time. Crabtree & Parker said that they wouldn't move off of their position either. Who cares what people say, it's a negotiation.

Schefter said it on ESPN, plus Parker and MC pulled a Jay Cutler for a while they wouldn't even talk to us, even though Jed York and Co. were calling them, so the incentive thing was gonna happen one way or another, MC's deal the whole time was getting more than DHB, especially getting more guaranteed, so in the end I'm not that PO'ed after all cuz one the deals done, two MC is better than DHB, and he is still pretty young, even though he has been pretty immature up till now, especially listening to people like Deion and even MC Hammer for whatever reason. Along wit his stupid cuzzin.

I haven't heard anyone else mention that Schefter said that on ESPN. If he knew that, he'd have to know what the contract terms were, which he would surely announce because it means that he broke every element of the story.

Sorry, I don't buy it.
  • JC49
  • Veteran
If he lives up to his hype, Crappee and the 9ers win. If he doesn't, we lose, he's rich.
everyone lost in this one.
Who knows? We need to see the terms and numbers. Either way, I don't expect a public victory dance from either side.

It's about time to put this nonsense in the rear-view mirror.

I haven't heard anyone else mention that Schefter said that on ESPN. If he knew that, he'd have to know what the contract terms were, which he would surely announce because it means that he broke every element of the story.

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Seriously though Pete. Seems safe to assume Crabtree caved. The whole time the niners have held steady. Then suddenly Deion announces he is coming and they fly out here? Somehow his camp gave in and they lost a ton of leverage when they came back. Now obviously the announced deal will sound big but I'd imagine they just added an extra year and some fluffy unreachable incentives.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Seriously though Pete. Seems safe to assume Crabtree caved. The whole time the niners have held steady. Then suddenly Deion announces he is coming and they fly out here? Somehow his camp gave in and they lost a ton of leverage when they came back. Now obviously the announced deal will sound big but I'd imagine they just added an extra year and some fluffy unreachable incentives.

Mhhmm. You are correct sir.
Originally posted by saj4423:
everyone lost in this one.

Did the Niners really lose?

Does 3-1 mean anything to you? (with, in my opinion, that one loss has an asterisk that says *the Niners fought a worthy battle, but "lost triumphantly")

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Ha you don't buy, that's cute, Schefter said what he said, which is really Crabtree isn't getting a better deal. Minus the incentives of course, which again would of been given and negotiated before hadn't Crabtree puled a Cutler.
MC HAMMER WON!!!

YOU can't TOUCH THIS!!!
Originally posted by TlSSER:

the Fans !
Originally posted by 49ERGUY:
THE FANS THE FANS THE FANS THE FANS THE FANS THE FANS THE FANS ......

this
No one, that was a stupid holdout in the end.