There are 178 users in the forums

49ers vs. Crabtree (Contract - Who Won?)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers vs. Crabtree (Contract - Who Won?)

Can't wait to see the contract.
BOTH
I do NOT have details of Crabtree contract. But equivalent to 49ers' 5-yr offer over 6 yrs would be $24M base with $18.2M guaranteed.
Courtesy of MM
It sounds like both sides won. Now let's hope Crabtree is worth the wait and then maybe us fans will win too.
Now Schefter said it 2ce on ESPN, or they just replayed the first segment haha.
I don't think anyone wins in a 72 day holdout.
  • rum53
  • Veteran
Nobody won in this holdout. Crabtree missed valuable training camp and game time experience. The 49ers missed out on any sort of production from their #1 draft pick. This whole ordeal has been a huge waste of time for both sides.
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Ha you don't buy, that's cute, Schefter said what he said, which is really Crabtree isn't getting a better deal. Minus the incentives of course, which again would of been given and negotiated before hadn't Crabtree puled a Cutler.

How can he know who caved if he doesn't know the specific details of the contract? He'd be reporting the details of the deal if he knew them. I think you're hearing what you want to hear.

Reign...yes, I think it's possible and maybe even likely that the Crabtree camp caved, but I don't think that it's "safe to assume" that they did. Both sides have held steady up to this point, but something prompted Parker & Crabtree to get on that plane. It could either be them realizing that they weren't gonna get any better than what they had, OR the Niners improved the offer to an acceptable level for them.

There's nothing to indicate either way. I definitely hope Crabtree caved though, we're paying him too much as it is.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Oct 7, 2009 at 08:36:41 ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Ha you don't buy, that's cute, Schefter said what he said, which is really Crabtree isn't getting a better deal. Minus the incentives of course, which again would of been given and negotiated before hadn't Crabtree puled a Cutler.

How can he know who caved if he doesn't know the specific details of the contract? He'd be reporting the details of the deal if he knew them. I think you're hearing what you want to hear.

Reign...yes, I think it's possible and maybe even likely that the Crabtree camp caved, but I don't think that it's "safe to assume" that they did. Both sides have held steady up to this point, but something prompted Parker & Crabtree to get on that plane. It could either be them realizing that they weren't gonna get any better than what they had, OR the Niners improved the offer to an acceptable level for them.

There's nothing to indicate either way. I definitely hope Crabtree caved though, we're paying him too much as it is.

Only thingthat went up were incentives, that's why it's taking so long to get particulars same thing is happening in the Edwards deal wit NY, just it's with draft picks.
This holdout hurt both the player and the 49ers. So in my mind whoever was tampering with Crabtree owes us a couple of draft picks. Then things will be made right.

Only thingthat went up were incentives, that's why it's taking so long to get particulars same thing is happening in the Edwards deal wit NY, just it's with draft picks.

If that's the case, how easily those incentives can be reached are what the issue is here. If they're easily/reasonably reachable, the Niners did in fact give some ground. If they're not, then it's just fluff and Crabtree's camp caved. I'd imagine that both sides gave a little ground.

But the fact that we don't know what the contract is STILL means that determining a "winner" in this is extremely premature.
lol
  • B650
  • Veteran
Everybody wins. The 49ers, Crabtree, Parker, San Francisco, Subway, Nike, etc.

Who loses? Mainly, the teams in the NFC West who have to play us 2 times a year.
Originally posted by plinius9mm:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
when things like this happen, the team always comes out on top. I really dont care who "won". I'm just glad it's finally over with and we get our man on the field ASAP!

this

Once he scores his 1st TD and makes an immediate contribution, most fans will forget about the holdout.l

I think most of them have already
Until he contributes and shines/falls flat as a player, who knows? Its like the Christmas gift exchange at work where you pick a package that is wrapped. It looks good but it could be a used vcr. You don't know until its unwrapped.
Share 49ersWebzone