There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers vs. Crabtree (Contract - Who Won?)

49ers vs. Crabtree (Contract - Who Won?)

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Quote:
Re: Michael Crabtree Contract Article‏
From: Andrew Brandt (andrew.brandt@nationalfootballpost.com)
Sent: Thu 10/08/09 12:59 PM
To: xxxxx xxxxxxx (xxx_xxx@hotmail.com)

Getting asked a lot about who won and lost. In my experience, never about that, not going there. Thanks.

Brandt's response to my question as to who won or lost in the negotiation. Sorry MD, but even Andrew "Cap Expert" Brant won't go there to make a definitive judgment.

How many ownages in one day. WOW!!!
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Originally posted by Giant9er:
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Come on guys... MadDog is always right.

Now, bow down and kiss the virtual ground he floats over.

Why does anyone care what this guy thinks? Most vets on the board already knows that he's a egotistic fraud. Most including myself have no respect for this guy and won't take him seriously. Just ignore him. If not, he may run to a mod and cry to have you banned.

Anybody that has been around here for any period of time on this site knows what Maddog is, a master of spin and a master of turning others info into his own. Just don't pay attention to him, I put him in the same category of poster as NolanHasAPlan(for those of you who remember that guy lol) he simply is a joke poster who cant actually believe what he is typing, he just wants a reaction and has to much time on his hands. What do you expect from a High School teacher who never made it in football? I would be cynical and hurt about my own failure too lol

The Lord of the Trolls has entered the house. NV, you are so predictable, it is...funny. What took you so long?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Why does anyone care what this guy thinks? Most vets on the board already knows that he's a egotistic fraud. Most including myself have no respect for this guy and won't take him seriously. Just ignore him. If not, he may run to a mod and cry to have you banned.

Anybody that has been around here for any period of time on this site knows what Maddog is, a master of spin and a master of turning others info into his own. Just don't pay attention to him, I put him in the same category of poster as NolanHasAPlan(for those of you who remember that guy lol) he simply is a joke poster who cant actually believe what he is typing, he just wants a reaction and has to much time on his hands. What do you expect from a High School teacher who never made it in football? I would be cynical and hurt about my own failure too lol

The Lord of the Trolls has entered the house. NV, you are so predictable, it is...funny. What took you so long?

I think the fact that you engage those who you consider to be "trolls", while giving quick, two sentence responses to the posts that attempt to propogate intelligent discussion speaks volumes.

As a former mod, my opinion is that a valid argument could be made for your removal from the board under the High Maintenance user clause.

It isn't the fact that you disagree with people, it's the manner in which you do so. It isn't the opinions that you hold, it's the manner in which you express them. It isn't the fact that you get into heated arguments, it's the manner in which you stoke the flames.

You're toeing a very fine line.
Quote:

Getting asked a lot about who won and lost. In my experience, never about that, not going there. Thanks.

Brandt's response to my question as to who won or lost in the negotiation. Sorry MD, but even Andrew "Cap Expert" Brant won't go there to make a definitive judgment.

He did in the article. He said both sides won and both sides lost. So, I'll take him at his word.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I think the fact that you engage those who you consider to be "trolls", while giving quick, two sentence responses to the posts that attempt to propogate intelligent discussion speaks volumes.

As a former mod, my opinion is that a valid argument could be made for your removal from the board under the High Maintenance user clause.

It isn't the fact that you disagree with people, it's the manner in which you do so. It isn't the opinions that you hold, it's the manner in which you express them. It isn't the fact that you get into heated arguments, it's the manner in which you stoke the flames.

I vote that you return to your role of a mod and like coach Sing - hit them in the mouth.
Quote:

He did in the article. He said both sides won and both sides lost. So, I'll take him at his word.

Um, no, he didn't. He actually doesn't use the word "lost" once in the entire article. This is the part I found most poignant:

Quote:
Hopefully the above data points out the strengths and weaknesses of this deal from both sides. It was a win for the team on some things and a win for the player on others, a deal that neither side feels great about. That usually means it is a good deal for both sides.

He only states that it's a win for the team on some things, and a win for the player on others. He never said the Niners won, or the Niners lost. The same goes for Crabtree, and his response to my e-mail echoes this sentiment.
I vote that you return to your role of a mod and like coach Sing - hit them in the mouth.

And put up with the sort of insanity that goes on in here? I'm good.

Oscar (who I think does a very, very good job with this site, and pays waaaaaaaaaay more attention than anyone realizes) and I have some fundamental differences of opinions on certain things, and I don't feel right enforcing rules I don't believe in.

I like the site much more as a regular poster.
Quote:

Um, no, he didn't. He actually doesn't use the word "lost" once in the entire article. This is the part I found most poignant:

Quote:
Hopefully the above data points out the strengths and weaknesses of this deal from both sides. It was a win for the team on some things and a win for the player on others, a deal that neither side feels great about. That usually means it is a good deal for both sides.

He only states that it's a win for the team on some things, and a win for the player on others. He never said the Niners won, or the Niners lost. The same goes for Crabtree, and his response to my e-mail echoes this sentiment.

By disputing that email, he's disagreeing with Brandt's opinion of Brandt's opinion on this.

Don't think you're gonna get resolution on that one, man.

Kronik and Nv and I have a long history. Kronik was embarrassed a long time ago when I pointed out in his Bryant Johnson Arnaz Battle thread that he made four factual errors, in order to support his position that Johnson should be kept and Battle dumped. After I did the research, and facted checked his errors, he still refused to change his thread until other posters jumped in and asked him to do so. He even admitted his error on the thread, but has held a grudge ever since.

He also tend to jump into controversial threads with nothing to add but an attack. He's been doing that for some time now, and has been warned by the mods.

As for NV, I have a lot more respect for him, since he understands the game pretty well. We simply disagree on vitually everything. He tends to also jump in and go for the character attack, which I don't understand. He can argue his points pretty well, but tends to avoid the topic and simply go the slander route.

You can see the example of both posters on this thread.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Oct 8, 2009 at 16:42:22 ]
Quote:

Quote:

Agreed that he did not use the word lost. I inferred that since one side won certain points, the other side lost.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Oct 8, 2009 at 16:46:21 ]
I recently told myself that I was going to stop getting into inane arguments and/or potentially interesting arguments with inane people, so...

Kronik and Nv and I have a long history. Kronik was embarrassed a long time ago when I pointed out in his Bryant Johnson Arnaz Battle thread that he made four factual errors, in order to support his position that Johnson should be kept and Battle dumped. After I did the research, and facted checked his errors, he still refused to change his thread until other posters jumped in and asked him to do so. He even admitted his error on the thread, but has held a grudge ever since.

He also tend to jump into controversial threads with nothing to add but an attack. He's been doing that for some time now, and has been warned by the mods.

As for NV, I have a lot more respect for him, since he understands the game pretty well. We simply disagree on vitually everything. He tends to also jump in and go for the character attack, which I don't understand. He can argue his points pretty well, but tends to avoid the topic and simply go the slander route.

You can see the example of both posters on this thread.

Other posters jumped in?? Who were they? Making things up again huh. You are good at that. When I realized I made mistakes, I was man enough to correct them. But you? LOL.

PS: It isn't just me and NV, I wonder why you are the most hated poster in the zone. Could it be that you deserve it???

[ Edited by kronik on Oct 8, 2009 at 16:45:59 ]
I recently told myself that I was going to stop getting into inane arguments and/or potentially interesting arguments with inane people, so...

You stick around long enough, people will follow you, ready to attack. That was the case here.

I think you are right at this point. This topic is about tapped out, there is no reason to argue old points from post long ago, and until the details are provided on all of these contracts, there is not much to debate.

We'll see you on another thread. Until then.
I think both lost. The 49ers couldn't get a "potentially" good player onto the field for the first four games and maybe our offense would have been diff.
Crabtree lost as he missed practice, reputation, and not being part of the offensive schemes.
All in all, the bum is a 49er now, and we can only hope for the best here on.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Why does everyone love MadDog and respect his opinion when it comes to his Big Board, but any other time hes the most hated poster in the Zone?