There are 163 users in the forums

CRABTREE SIGNED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Parker didn't lose in this, but he went the long, rough way when he could have easily got the same money as soon as TC had he sat down with the Niners. Instead of waiting 4 games into the season to get a million more. And lost his client valuable time with the team.

I think the Niners would have gone to as high as 18mil guaranteed, but to stand firm on 16mil and gave him 1 mil more is a win for the Niners after Crabtree have had enough of the impasse is a win for the Niners. Winning on the Niners side is paying less then how high you are willing to go for Crabtree, NOT the original number offered. That's just the starting point of the negotiation. We will never know how high Jed was willing to pay for Crabtree and neither does Parker.
Originally posted by frenchmov:

so, to review: eugene parker is a gigantic douchebag

this.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Parker didn't lose in this

Really? Please explain.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Parker didn't lose in this, but he went the long, rough way when he could have easily got the same money as soon as TC had he sat down with the Niners. Instead of waiting 4 games into the season to get a million more. And lost his client valuable time with the team.

I think the Niners would have gone to as high as 18mil guaranteed, but to stand firm on 16mil and gave him 1 mil more is a win for the Niners after Crabtree have had enough of the impasse is a win for the Niners. Winning on the Niners side is paying less then how high you are willing to go for Crabtree, NOT the original number offered. That's just the starting point of the negotiation. We will never know how high Jed was willing to pay for Crabtree and neither does Parker.

Dude, he may have got 1 mil more, but at the expense of another year on his contract. Therefore his guaranteed money average is lower than the original offer, plus he hits FA later.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Caption please:

• dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I don't know if this has been posted yet but here's a link of the details on the Crabtree contract with analysis

Quote:
The offer on the table for Parker and Crabtree of a couple days ago was: Five years, $20M, $16M guaranteed.

The final deal is: Six years, $32M ($28M over the first five), $17M guaranteed.

Analysis: Many have speculated that Crabtree took the same deal he was being offered for weeks, if not months, by the team. Parker and Crabtree may have made $8M over the next five years with their trip to San Francisco yesterday.

Hopefully the above data points out the strengths and weaknesses of this deal from both sides. It was a win for the team on some things and a win for the player on others, a deal that neither side feels great about. That usually means it is a good deal for both sides.

This was quite a saga, with a final face-to-face meeting spurred by a chance meeting between 49ers president and owner Jed York and MC Hammer at a social function. Only in the NFL....

Hey, where did you get that smiley?

MM Responded To My Question Regarding Crabtree's Logo On His Helmet
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by backontop:
so.... no MadDog sighting yet, huh???

No he showed up in typical Maddog fashion. Claiming that he was still right

According to Andrew Brandt's article on the National Football Post, I am right. Both sides made concessions, and both sides won battles on the slot. Brandt knows his stuff. He is a former salary cap administrator for an NFL team, and his breakdown was excellent.

Here is the pasted information at the conclusion. Many others have attached the link throughout this thread:

The Wait: The offer on the table for Parker and Crabtree of a couple days ago was:

Five years, $20M, $16M guaranteed.

The final deal is:

Six years, $32M ($28M over the first five), $17M guaranteed.

Analysis: Many have speculated that Crabtree took the same deal he was being offered for weeks, if not months, by the team. Parker and Crabtree may have made $8M over the next five years with their trip to San Francisco yesterday.

Hopefully the above data points out the strengths and weaknesses of this deal from both sides. It was a win for the team on some things and a win for the player on others, a deal that neither side feels great about. That usually means it is a good deal for both sides.

This was quite a saga, with a final face-to-face meeting spurred by a chance meeting between 49ers president and owner Jed York and MC Hammer at a social function. Only in the NFL

I'm sorry I have not been able to respond to some that have been claiming "victory" the last couple days, and have attempted to attack my position that both sides would win.

I guess, once again, these individuals who hope for nothing more for me to be wrong..... are wrong, and I....am right. What a shocker!!!

Cheers.

P.S. Eric Heitmann is still a good football player!!!!

Ya gotta love MadDogs revisionist history.

MD: 2+2 is 6!!! You're a fool. I know all.

Marvin: Um, no....its 4.

MD: Fool!! I was right!!! 2+2 is 4. Thats what I have been saying all along!!!!

seriously, I don't even think it's worth it to argue with the Mad one... He's never wrong, don't cho' know...

Ya, I'm done arguing with him...I just think he's funny now.

oh, and for the record, MD quoted a writer "who said Crabtree and agent won" yet another prominent 49ers beat writer Ann Killion posted this on SI.com: 49ers the clear winner as Crabtree ends bizarre contract holdout...

By the looks of things, if the numbers a correct, it does seem like the 49er brass won this negotiation...

According to Andrew Brandt's article on the National Football Post, I am right. Both sides made concessions, and both sides won battles on the slot. Brandt knows his stuff. He is a former salary cap administrator for an NFL team, and his breakdown was excellent.

Here is the pasted information at the conclusion. Many others have attached the link throughout this thread:

The Wait: The offer on the table for Parker and Crabtree of a couple days ago was:

The final deal is:

This was quite a saga, with a final face-to-face meeting spurred by a chance meeting between 49ers president and owner Jed York and MC Hammer at a social function. Only in the NFL

I'm sorry I have not been able to respond to some that have been claiming "victory" the last couple days, and have attempted to attack my position that both sides would win.

I guess, once again, these individuals who hope for nothing more for me to be wrong..... are wrong, and I....am right. What a shocker!!!

Cheers.

seriously, I don't even think it's worth it to argue with the Mad one... He's never wrong, don't cho' know...

oh, and for the record, MD quoted a writer "who said Crabtree and agent won" yet another prominent 49ers beat writer Ann Killion posted this on SI.com: 49ers the clear winner as Crabtree ends bizarre contract holdout...

By the looks of things, if the numbers a correct, it does seem like the 49er brass won this negotiation...

No need to convince 99% of us, or the beat writers for that matter, that the 49ers won. MD is on a very lonely island at the moment, and no one is joining him.

The final deal is:

Cheers.

Let's define the two people you listed. Killion is a newspaper writer. Brandt is a guy who managed the cap for years for NFL teams. I'll take the capologist's thoughts over the newspaper writer. I know, what a crazy concept..

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

The final deal is:

Cheers.

No need to convince 99% of us, or the beat writers for that matter, that the 49ers won. MD is on a very lonely island at the moment, and no one is joining him.

No one, including a cap expert, Brandt.

I knew this would happen. In fact, I PM'd someone about five minutes after posting my article from Brandt, saying that people would deny his article, or attack his credibility. People with no knowledge of the cap, salaries, would challenge an expert in the cap.

Just agree with the capologist, cut your losses and move on. The sun will still rise.
maddog, u win, ur just oh so amazing
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Mad, don't worry about it, it's no biggie, man.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Oct 8, 2009 at 12:09:22 ]

The final deal is:

Cheers.

You are attempting to smear me, so I ask you to show me, and the board, where I have been a revisionist. And, I will continue to ask you until you come up with something, or retract your statement.

You have an unfair, and untrue cheap shot. I will take your retraction with dignity.

You have dug yourself a hole. Good luck.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Oct 8, 2009 at 12:07:34 ]
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
maddog, u win, ur just oh so amazing

Thank you.
Share 49ersWebzone