LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 324 users in the forums

CRABTREE SIGNED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Now that crabtree is signed he is simply another dog on the sled. I hope he puts some decent numbers up before season's end.
you can bet a lot of people will be tuningin on sunday. Being that we are playing on turf in atl, I think we should let him line up in slot in a 4 wr set...just go deep...or go kind of deep but not too deep cuz hill cant throw that far...

how bout....put in nate davis and let him throw it deep...
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by kidash:
so.... no MadDog sighting yet, huh???

No he showed up in typical Maddog fashion. Claiming that he was still right

According to Andrew Brandt's article on the National Football Post, I am right. Both sides made concessions, and both sides won battles on the slot. Brandt knows his stuff. He is a former salary cap administrator for an NFL team, and his breakdown was excellent.

Here is the pasted information at the conclusion. Many others have attached the link throughout this thread:

The Wait: The offer on the table for Parker and Crabtree of a couple days ago was:

Five years, $20M, $16M guaranteed.

The final deal is:

Six years, $32M ($28M over the first five), $17M guaranteed.

Analysis: Many have speculated that Crabtree took the same deal he was being offered for weeks, if not months, by the team. Parker and Crabtree may have made $8M over the next five years with their trip to San Francisco yesterday.

Hopefully the above data points out the strengths and weaknesses of this deal from both sides. It was a win for the team on some things and a win for the player on others, a deal that neither side feels great about. That usually means it is a good deal for both sides.

This was quite a saga, with a final face-to-face meeting spurred by a chance meeting between 49ers president and owner Jed York and MC Hammer at a social function. Only in the NFL

I'm sorry I have not been able to respond to some that have been claiming "victory" the last couple days, and have attempted to attack my position that both sides would win.

I guess, once again, these individuals who hope for nothing more for me to be wrong..... are wrong, and I....am right. What a shocker!!!

Cheers.

P.S. Eric Heitmann is still a good football player!!!!

Both sides did win. The niners stayed within the slot and Crabtree got more money. That was never the issue for the niners. They wanted Parker to come to the table to work out the details and see what tweeks they could make to the contract. Parker chose to stay away in hopes of the Niners saying we will pay you what you want. Parker could have sat down with the niners the day after raji signed and got this same deal, but he never told the niners what type of deal they were looking for.
Originally posted by fister30:
Now that crabtree is signed he is simply another dog on the sled. I hope he puts some decent numbers up before season's end.

same here. knock on wood -- but IF we make the playoffs -- and regardless of what talking heads are already saying i still call it a BIG IF -- i hope crabtree can make some big plays in january
Originally posted by 49erWill:

It should be fun to see the Crabtree haters attempt to dismiss Brandt's breakdown. This will be high comedy...let's take on a capologist.

I can see smoke rising out their ears right now.

Cheers.

At least 70% of the posters knew that in order for a deal to occur, both sides had to meet in the middle.

Maddog, I think people will get angry with you because your comments leading up to the deal made Eugene Parker seem like the Jesus of the NFL.
  • jerryricefan80
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49erWill:

It should be fun to see the Crabtree haters attempt to dismiss Brandt's breakdown. This will be high comedy...let's take on a capologist.

I can see smoke rising out their ears right now.

Cheers.

Andrew Brandt's analysis is good, but you aren't right and this little position you picked up was never yours to begin with. I think I remember you saying that he should be paid DHB money, and ranting and raving about how stupid the 49ers front office was for not signing him to a big deal because everyone on planet Earth knew Crabtree was a top 7 talent and this was a unique situation that called for a unique, slot busting deal.

Sometimes you just have to admit your position in the end was wrong. It makes life a lot easier on you when you can admit your faults. But you claiming victory on this one is a joke.

Oh, and the contract and the escalators that total $8 million and the other various benchmarks would mean the team has a WR that is producing if they are paying those out, so, in the end the front office wins.
Originally posted by pd24:

According to Andrew Brandt's article on the National Football Post, I am right. Both sides made concessions, and both sides won battles on the slot. Brandt knows his stuff. He is a former salary cap administrator for an NFL team, and his breakdown was excellent.

Here is the pasted information at the conclusion. Many others have attached the link throughout this thread:

The Wait: The offer on the table for Parker and Crabtree of a couple days ago was:

The final deal is:

Analysis: Many have speculated that Crabtree took the same deal he was being offered for weeks, if not months, by the team. Parker and Crabtree may have made $8M over the next five years with their trip to San Francisco yesterday.

Hopefully the above data points out the strengths and weaknesses of this deal from both sides. It was a win for the team on some things and a win for the player on others, a deal that neither side feels great about. That usually means it is a good deal for both sides.

This was quite a saga, with a final face-to-face meeting spurred by a chance meeting between 49ers president and owner Jed York and MC Hammer at a social function. Only in the NFL

I'm sorry I have not been able to respond to some that have been claiming "victory" the last couple days, and have attempted to attack my position that both sides would win.

I guess, once again, these individuals who hope for nothing more for me to be wrong..... are wrong, and I....am right. What a shocker!!!

Cheers.

Both sides did win. The niners stayed within the slot and Crabtree got more money. That was never the issue for the niners. They wanted Parker to come to the table to work out the details and see what tweeks they could make to the contract. Parker chose to stay away in hopes of the Niners saying we will pay you what you want. Parker could have sat down with the niners the day after raji signed and got this same deal, but he never told the niners what type of deal they were looking for.

Do you have "Winner" stenciled over your bathroom mirror?

I hate debating with you because you can't get past yourself in the argument but non the less. Simple and sweet, it has been widely reported that this deal would have gone down like this had they not held out. This contract would have been the end result of negotiations before training camp. How you can claim victory is beyond me, i'm not even sure what your winning? None-the-less you berated people who supported the FO and defended Parker to the death. Well it looks like Parker had Crabtree hold out for nothing.

Now get back to class and brainwash those kids with some Ideology.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shorteous:

The final deal is:

Cheers.

I hate debating with you because you can't get past yourself in the argument but non the less. Simple and sweet, it has been widely reported that this deal would have gone down like this had they not held out. This contract would have been the end result of negotiations before training camp. How you can claim victory is beyond me, i'm not even sure what your winning? None-the-less you berated people who supported the FO and defended Parker to the death. Well it looks like Parker had Crabtree hold out for nothing.

Me?
  • evil
  • Veteran

The final deal is:

Cheers.

Was it not also WIDELY reported that the 49ers were not going to budge from their initial fair offer ? Then was it not WIDELY reported that the 49ers were going to reduce their offer. Seems that it was some widely contradictory reporting being done.

The final deal is:

Cheers.

Me?

haha no, sorry. wrong quote button. that was for md

Originally posted by KRS-1:

The final deal is:

Cheers.

Was it not also WIDELY reported that the 49ers were not going to budge from their initial fair offer ? Then was it not WIDELY reported that the 49ers were going to reduce their offer. Seems that it was some widely contradictory reporting being done.

ya i'm sure that the 49ers were hard lined at 20mil with 16 guaranteed and that Parker couldn't get them to budge up slightly. I"m sure that's exactly what happened. Or how about that Parkers demands were so outrages there was no way to even begin the negotiations... the 20mil at 16 guaranteed was the starting point and as soon as it became possible to negotiate the FO did. But what had to happen before that began??????????? come on man, for real.

P.S. Many of us crazy people had been advocating a deal that had alot of total money but that feel within the slotting system for the guaranteed money. That's exactly what happened and I believe that this is the right contract for this "special person" and his "special situation".

[ Edited by Shorteous on Oct 8, 2009 at 08:56:22 ]
  • evil
  • Veteran

The final deal is:

Cheers.

ya i'm sure that the 49ers were hard lined at 20mil with 16 guaranteed and that Parker couldn't get them to budge up slightly. I"m sure that's exactly what happened. Or how about that Parkers demands were so outrages there was no way to even begin the negotiations... the 20mil at 16 guaranteed was the starting point and as soon as it became possible to negotiate the FO did. But what had to happen before that began??????????? come on man, for real.

Yes come on for real. You are using what is being widely reported as your basis but those WIDE reports have been contradicting. And this has been the stance of the majority of 49er fans, basing everything of off these wide reports. And now you seem to think you know exactly what happened ?

The end result is that a deal got done and both sides won in some aspects but more importantly the 49ers fans win by getting something they have been hoping for, a WR with playmaking potential.

The final deal is:

Cheers.

Ya gotta love MadDogs revisionist history.

MD: 2+2 is 6!!! You're a fool. I know all.

Marvin: Um, no....its 4.

MD: Fool!! I was right!!! 2+2 is 4. Thats what I have been saying all along!!!!

[ Edited by Marvin49 on Oct 8, 2009 at 09:07:03 ]

The final deal is:

Cheers.

Yes come on for real. You are using what is being widely reported as your basis but those WIDE reports have been contradicting. And this has been the stance of the majority of 49er fans, basing everything of off these wide reports. And now you seem to think you know exactly what happened ?

The end result is that a deal got done and both sides won in some aspects but more importantly the 49ers fans win by getting something they have been hoping for, a WR with playmaking potential.

Lol @ Maddog..

The final deal is:

Cheers.

haha, ok buddy. There is plenty of room left for you to jump on the 49ers FO bandwagon. l-e-t-s lets go!! I'm happy to have u on board with this realistic outcome. Just don't try and pigeon hole others for being happy about the contract again. I remember you posting "where are all the Crabtree haters" like everybody that didn't want a reasonable contract were the ones that were being slanderous.

Thank god we didn't realize that he was the next coming and grant him that top 5 or 7 or 9 money like you and MD painstakingly advocated. Calling us unreasonable for not understanding how special he was and how wrong we were. That wasn't what was really bothersome but how smug you two were for people not agree that he should have a block buster deal.

[ Edited by Shorteous on Oct 8, 2009 at 09:10:28 ]
Share 49ersWebzone