LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

CRABTREE SIGNED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
There is a lot of members happy out there because not only did we get Crabtree but we got him for a contract price that was deserving. Wish the powers that be had hindsight and we could have got this done in July but I'm glad we at least got it done at some point. Had the Crabtree camp remained firm at their asking price I would have been more than happy to ship him out in march. Glad reality set in and I'm ready to go, but Crabs will have to work much harder now than before.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by kidash:
so.... no MadDog sighting yet, huh???

No he showed up in typical Maddog fashion. Claiming that he was still right

According to Andrew Brandt's article on the National Football Post, I am right. Both sides made concessions, and both sides won battles on the slot. Brandt knows his stuff. He is a former salary cap administrator for an NFL team, and his breakdown was excellent.

Here is the pasted information at the conclusion. Many others have attached the link throughout this thread:

The Wait: The offer on the table for Parker and Crabtree of a couple days ago was:

Five years, $20M, $16M guaranteed.

The final deal is:

Six years, $32M ($28M over the first five), $17M guaranteed.

Analysis: Many have speculated that Crabtree took the same deal he was being offered for weeks, if not months, by the team. Parker and Crabtree may have made $8M over the next five years with their trip to San Francisco yesterday.

Hopefully the above data points out the strengths and weaknesses of this deal from both sides. It was a win for the team on some things and a win for the player on others, a deal that neither side feels great about. That usually means it is a good deal for both sides.

This was quite a saga, with a final face-to-face meeting spurred by a chance meeting between 49ers president and owner Jed York and MC Hammer at a social function. Only in the NFL

I'm sorry I have not been able to respond to some that have been claiming "victory" the last couple days, and have attempted to attack my position that both sides would win.

I guess, once again, these individuals who hope for nothing more for me to be wrong..... are wrong, and I....am right. What a shocker!!!

Cheers.

P.S. Eric Heitmann is still a good football player!!!!

Ya gotta love MadDogs revisionist history.

MD: 2+2 is 6!!! You're a fool. I know all.

Marvin: Um, no....its 4.

MD: Fool!! I was right!!! 2+2 is 4. Thats what I have been saying all along!!!!

seriously, I don't even think it's worth it to argue with the Mad one... He's never wrong, don't cho' know...

Originally posted by Shorteous:
There is a lot of members happy out there because not only did we get Crabtree but we got him for a contract price that was deserving. Wish the powers that be had hindsight and we could have got this done in July but I'm glad we at least got it done at some point. Had the Crabtree camp remained firm at their asking price I would have been more than happy to ship him out in march. Glad reality set in and I'm ready to go, but Crabs will have to work much harder now than before.

yeah, parker screwed both us and crabtree.

According to Andrew Brandt's article on the National Football Post, I am right. Both sides made concessions, and both sides won battles on the slot. Brandt knows his stuff. He is a former salary cap administrator for an NFL team, and his breakdown was excellent.

Here is the pasted information at the conclusion. Many others have attached the link throughout this thread:

The Wait: The offer on the table for Parker and Crabtree of a couple days ago was:

The final deal is:

Analysis: Many have speculated that Crabtree took the same deal he was being offered for weeks, if not months, by the team. Parker and Crabtree may have made $8M over the next five years with their trip to San Francisco yesterday.

Hopefully the above data points out the strengths and weaknesses of this deal from both sides. It was a win for the team on some things and a win for the player on others, a deal that neither side feels great about. That usually means it is a good deal for both sides.

This was quite a saga, with a final face-to-face meeting spurred by a chance meeting between 49ers president and owner Jed York and MC Hammer at a social function. Only in the NFL

I'm sorry I have not been able to respond to some that have been claiming "victory" the last couple days, and have attempted to attack my position that both sides would win.

I guess, once again, these individuals who hope for nothing more for me to be wrong..... are wrong, and I....am right. What a shocker!!!

Cheers.

you forgot the, can't wait to see how they try to spin this to make me wrong muhahahaha!!! O'doyle's rule!!!

The final deal is:

Cheers.

seriously, I don't even think it's worth it to argue with the Mad one... He's never wrong, don't cho' know...

Ya, I'm done arguing with him...I just think he's funny now.

The final deal is:

Cheers.

you forgot the, can't wait to see how they try to spin this to make me wrong muhahahaha!!! O'doyle's rule!!!

Wait...lemme revise....

Math Teacher Matt Maiocco: I have found out on good authority that 2+2 is 4

MD: MM is such a slave to the man. He should be ashamed of himself for giving in and saying that 2+2 is 4 when its CLEARLY 6.

The final deal is:

Cheers.

Wait...lemme revise....

Math Teacher Matt Maiocco: I have found out on good authority that 2+2 is 4

MD: MM is such a slave to the man. He should be ashamed of himself for giving in and saying that 2+2 is 4 when its CLEARLY 6.

haha, don't forget the O'doyles rule!!!
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by pd24:

The final deal is:

Cheers.

Both sides did win. The niners stayed within the slot and Crabtree got more money. That was never the issue for the niners. They wanted Parker to come to the table to work out the details and see what tweeks they could make to the contract. Parker chose to stay away in hopes of the Niners saying we will pay you what you want. Parker could have sat down with the niners the day after raji signed and got this same deal, but he never told the niners what type of deal they were looking for.

Do you have "Winner" stenciled over your bathroom mirror?

I hate debating with you because you can't get past yourself in the argument but non the less. Simple and sweet, it has been widely reported that this deal would have gone down like this had they not held out. This contract would have been the end result of negotiations before training camp. How you can claim victory is beyond me, i'm not even sure what your winning? None-the-less you berated people who supported the FO and defended Parker to the death. Well it looks like Parker had Crabtree hold out for nothing.

Now get back to class and brainwash those kids with some Ideology.

Was it not also WIDELY reported that the 49ers were not going to budge from their initial fair offer ? Then was it not WIDELY reported that the 49ers were going to reduce their offer. Seems that it was some widely contradictory reporting being done.

ya i'm sure that the 49ers were hard lined at 20mil with 16 guaranteed and that Parker couldn't get them to budge up slightly. I"m sure that's exactly what happened. Or how about that Parkers demands were so outrages there was no way to even begin the negotiations... the 20mil at 16 guaranteed was the starting point and as soon as it became possible to negotiate the FO did. But what had to happen before that began??????????? come on man, for real.

Yes come on for real. You are using what is being widely reported as your basis but those WIDE reports have been contradicting. And this has been the stance of the majority of 49er fans, basing everything of off these wide reports. And now you seem to think you know exactly what happened ?

The end result is that a deal got done and both sides won in some aspects but more importantly the 49ers fans win by getting something they have been hoping for, a WR with playmaking potential.

haha, ok buddy. There is plenty of room left for you to jump on the 49ers FO bandwagon. l-e-t-s lets go!! I'm happy to have u on board with this realistic outcome. Just don't try and pigeon hole others for being happy about the contract again. I remember you posting "where are all the Crabtree haters" like everybody that didn't want a reasonable contract were the ones that were being slanderous.

Thank god we didn't realize that he was the next coming and grant him that top 5 or 7 or 9 money like you and MD painstakingly advocated. Calling us unreasonable for not understanding how special he was and how wrong we were. That wasn't what was really bothersome but how smug you two were for people not agree that he should have a block buster deal.

I never asked where the haters were, I asked where those who did not want him on this team anymore were.

And the majority wanted him to accept this widely reported contract that was supposedly fair. If we don't know the the exact details of whatever that was then it's hard to deem it fair. Most did not want the 49ers to meet in the middle or give in to his demands (whatever the exact demands were if any were actually made), but in order for both sides to get it done that is what happened for the most part. That is why I wanted the 49ers to be more aggressive in their negotiations.

And if you want to go around calling people smug what should we go around calling those who berated Crabtree's character because according to our own coach and GM aside from others what was being said is untrue.

[ Edited by KRS-1 on Oct 8, 2009 at 09:36:56 ]
aside from who won and who lost in the deal, maddog loses because parker is a dirtbag.

maddog has said all along that parker is this great agent and well respected, but where was he at the press conference? left crabcakes hanging to dry.

so, to review: eugene parker is a gigantic douchebag
I wonder how many games it will take Crabs to pass DHB in catches. I'd say 2 games. I would go with 1 games but DHB may up his catch total from 2 to 4 by the time Crabtree takes the field.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I still can't believe we've got Crabby signed.
Originally posted by Esco:
So where are the guys who did not want Crabtree on this team ?

Originally posted by RDB4216:
I guess I'll be in the minority here, and say I am NOT happy about this signing. Especially the timing of it. IF the NFL was going to actually do anything over the tampering accusations, our best bet to get someting done - and the best chance to maximize the penalty against the Jets (and compensation for us!) was when Crabtree wasn't signed and it looked like we were going to lose the pic altogether.

I was really hoping we wouldn't even consider signing him until after the NFL ruled. Now they will just look at it as "Oh well, so he missed out on a few months of a 5-year contract". Stupid move.

I'm talking about all those who went off in the Crabtree discussion threads who did not want his "greedy, selfish, diva, no passion for football ass". Those who went off and called him every name in the book, those who said he did not want to play here.

I would call those haters
I don't know if this has been posted yet but here's a link of the details on the Crabtree contract with analysis

Quote:
The offer on the table for Parker and Crabtree of a couple days ago was: Five years, $20M, $16M guaranteed.

The final deal is: Six years, $32M ($28M over the first five), $17M guaranteed.

This was quite a saga, with a final face-to-face meeting spurred by a chance meeting between 49ers president and owner Jed York and MC Hammer at a social function. Only in the NFL....

actually this article has already been posted....silly me. Still a good read though

[ Edited by DesiDez on Oct 8, 2009 at 09:58:52 ]
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I don't know if this has been posted yet but here's a link of the details on the Crabtree contract with analysis

Quote:
The offer on the table for Parker and Crabtree of a couple days ago was: Five years, $20M, $16M guaranteed.

The final deal is: Six years, $32M ($28M over the first five), $17M guaranteed.

This was quite a saga, with a final face-to-face meeting spurred by a chance meeting between 49ers president and owner Jed York and MC Hammer at a social function. Only in the NFL....
Originally posted by pd24:

The final deal is:

Cheers.

Both sides did win. The niners stayed within the slot and Crabtree got more money. That was never the issue for the niners. They wanted Parker to come to the table to work out the details and see what tweeks they could make to the contract. Parker chose to stay away in hopes of the Niners saying we will pay you what you want. Parker could have sat down with the niners the day after raji signed and got this same deal, but he never told the niners what type of deal they were looking for.

Do you have "Winner" stenciled over your bathroom mirror?

I hate debating with you because you can't get past yourself in the argument but non the less. Simple and sweet, it has been widely reported that this deal would have gone down like this had they not held out. This contract would have been the end result of negotiations before training camp. How you can claim victory is beyond me, i'm not even sure what your winning? None-the-less you berated people who supported the FO and defended Parker to the death. Well it looks like Parker had Crabtree hold out for nothing.

Now get back to class and brainwash those kids with some Ideology.

Was it not also WIDELY reported that the 49ers were not going to budge from their initial fair offer ? Then was it not WIDELY reported that the 49ers were going to reduce their offer. Seems that it was some widely contradictory reporting being done.

ya i'm sure that the 49ers were hard lined at 20mil with 16 guaranteed and that Parker couldn't get them to budge up slightly. I"m sure that's exactly what happened. Or how about that Parkers demands were so outrages there was no way to even begin the negotiations... the 20mil at 16 guaranteed was the starting point and as soon as it became possible to negotiate the FO did. But what had to happen before that began??????????? come on man, for real.

Yes come on for real. You are using what is being widely reported as your basis but those WIDE reports have been contradicting. And this has been the stance of the majority of 49er fans, basing everything of off these wide reports. And now you seem to think you know exactly what happened ?

The end result is that a deal got done and both sides won in some aspects but more importantly the 49ers fans win by getting something they have been hoping for, a WR with playmaking potential.

haha, ok buddy. There is plenty of room left for you to jump on the 49ers FO bandwagon. l-e-t-s lets go!! I'm happy to have u on board with this realistic outcome. Just don't try and pigeon hole others for being happy about the contract again. I remember you posting "where are all the Crabtree haters" like everybody that didn't want a reasonable contract were the ones that were being slanderous.

Thank god we didn't realize that he was the next coming and grant him that top 5 or 7 or 9 money like you and MD painstakingly advocated. Calling us unreasonable for not understanding how special he was and how wrong we were. That wasn't what was really bothersome but how smug you two were for people not agree that he should have a block buster deal.

I never asked where the haters were, I asked where those who did not want him on this team anymore were.

And the majority wanted him to accept this widely reported contract that was supposedly fair. If we don't know the the exact details of whatever that was then it's hard to deem it fair. Most did not want the 49ers to meet in the middle or give in to his demands (whatever the exact demands were if any were actually made), but in order for both sides to get it done that is what happened for the most part. That is why I wanted the 49ers to be more aggressive in their negotiations.

And if you want to go around calling people smug what should we go around calling those who berated Crabtree's character because according to our own coach and GM aside from others what was being said is untrue.

Why could't you want Crabtree to be more reasonable with the negotiations? Because we don't konw what he was truly offering??? How can you then put your emphasis on the FO if your are completely unwilling to focus on Parker and Crabs?

I've seen your two arguement points a lot. This is straight talking points for you know isn't it.the: how can we make any statement because we don't know the details. It doesn't matter how many collaborating sources we have, it's not definitive so throw it out.

Second one is how you polarize the issue to be you vrs the board. This makes it that now I have to account and defend the unreasonable perspectives. As well it makes it so you can pick your agruements to fight within the crowd.

Just be happy DAMNIT. But in my humble opinion I would not call this deal meeting in the middle, I would call it "Crabs wants to play football, enough with this hold out stuff." No way this is what Parker was holding out for, no way. But it's not definitive so throw it out.

I have to leave now so feel free to twist it with out retort, but i don't think many people on this board will be listening.
Share 49ersWebzone