There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Nolan Built this Team

Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

I sure don't miss his press conferences.

HAHA....pure gibberish.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by pupsingh:
singletary himself said that he knew what nolan was trying to get done but the players werent buying it from him...which leads me to the following point about the players: I dont care what you think, if your getting payed millions of dollars you betta buy into whatever the &$#$ your coach tells you. Maybe Nolan assumed the players knew this. Maybe he didnt feel like he had to "motivate" them because they are already at the nfl its their freaking job to be motivated.

Would you buy into Tom Cable?

ummm if im getting 03030404040404 dollars then ill buy into george bush if i have to.
with all of the high draft picks we've had over the years, we should have even more top tier talent.
singletary himself said that he knew what nolan was trying to get done but the players werent buying it from him...which leads me to the following point about the players: I dont care what you think, if your getting payed millions of dollars you betta buy into whatever the &$#$ your coach tells you. Maybe Nolan assumed the players knew this. Maybe he didnt feel like he had to "motivate" them because they are already at the nfl its their freaking job to be motivated.

ummm if im getting 03030404040404 dollars then ill buy into george bush if i have to.

Then you are taking away from one of Sing's strongest attributes, his ability to motivate. Great coaches will elevate team's and make guys play at a stronger and higher level.

Then you are taking away from one of Sing's strongest attributes, his ability to motivate. Great coaches will elevate team's and make guys play at a stronger and higher level.

my point is at this level you should already be at your best without someone having to motivate you
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Common:
True enough. but he couldn't coach.......

6 points a game seems like a good coach to me.

........nuff said!

Patrick Willis's greatness alone>>> then JTO's suckage...nuff said

You do realize that it was McCloughan's call to draft Willis, right? He said he basically stood up on the war room desk and insisted that we were drafting Willis, and that there was not going to be any question about it. Nolan and some other coaches wanted to go another direction, but McCloughan wasn't having any of that. The rest is history.

Nolan brought us some great players. There's no doubt about that. He also brought in some hacks, though, and wasn't a very good HC out on the field. Ultimately I think the latter was his downfall.
He's right Nolan god build the team... But he sucks as a coach... Maybe he would be a great general manager

my point is at this level you should already be at your best without someone having to motivate you

If this was golf I would agree with you, but in a game that's as emotional as this, players will look to leaders. That's why a few select guys have that big "C" on their chest.
with the state that Nolan got the team, anything he did would have been an improvement. The fact of the matter is, the 49ers were void of any talent because of Donahue and it would have taken a while to rebound from that talentless salary cap hell he created. The problem with Nolan tho, is that when we had some talent he mismanaged it. Last years team is practically the same talent as this years squad...add or minus some non impact players. The difference is, Sing is letting his DC do his job and doesn't throw his players under the bus.

Sometimes after seeing posts like this I think maybe im not the youngest one on the zone?

Originally posted by Sinsation:
with the state that Nolan got the team, anything he did would have been an improvement. The fact of the matter is, the 49ers were void of any talent because of Donahue and it would have taken a while to rebound from that talentless salary cap hell he created. The problem with Nolan tho, is that when we had some talent he mismanaged it. Last years team is practically the same talent as this years squad...add or minus some non impact players. The difference is, Sing is letting his DC do his job and doesn't throw his players under the bus.

yet.
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Sometimes after seeing posts like this I think maybe im not the youngest one on the zone?

• obx49
  • Veteran

........nuff said!

And this...

He also built this team on rock and roll...oh wait