There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

With The Season 1/4 Over..What Grade Do You Give This Team

With The Season 1/4 Over..What Grade Do You Give This Team

Solid B. Should be 4-0 thanks to a solid D but our O is lagging behind. If we can start hitting on offense we will be a force down the stretch.
I give a B but, only because of the offense. Defense gets an A. We could easily be undefeated at this point. I'll definitely take 3-1 right now and looking for 4-1 going into the bye week.
I give us an A-. 3-1 is a great start especially having a chance at 4-0. It doesn't matter how it looked but that we are winning. We are now missing Frank Gore and we almost beat the vikes at their house and put a great effort today in crushing the rams without gore. The offense is still struggling but slowly i see some progress in the passing game with players getting involved. Oline must improve but So far its a great start that we haven't had in a while. The great thing is that there is still room to improve especially on offense.
B
Originally posted by Esco:
Solid B. Should be 4-0 thanks to a solid D but our O is lagging behind. If we can start hitting on offense we will be a force down the stretch.
I give this team a B. If you break it up between offense and defense I give the D a B and the O a C. Hill is playing decently and Vernon is balling right now but the OL has been bad and the WRs need to step up.
I gave it a B also. Thanks to a Defense that is killing it we are doing great things. Against the really good teams though it won't be enough as people here have clearly mentioned. IMHO we are 2 solid o-lineman, a QB and a WR short of being a super bowl contender.

We are doing great with what we have at the moment and if we catch up on the offensive side of the ball...the team is on pace to win 10 games....could they...could they???

B+

We are legit playoff competitors. If our offense can come around that grade can be bumped up to an A-.
Given what I saw in preseason I didn't expect us to be any better than .500 and still saw a ton of holes on this team.

Given how they were 2 seconds away plus a horrible call that game the Vikins 3 points and a bunch of other should've made plays from being 4-0. I have to give this team an A.

This team is playing with heart and they're playing way above their talent level at least on offense. They're still not as good as they can be perhaps next year but they will be in pretty much every game.
B+

The D is awesome. Frank Gore is running well. Coffee is good. VD is turning the corner. The coach is doing a good job. The team overall is much better than expected.

The O and passing game specifically are still bad. QB and WR are terrible. The RT position has some problems as do Guard and Center positions on pass blocking. We are not a real great passing team at this point.
A- No way I expected the defense to play this dominant. The offense is far from explosive, but they're making good plays when needed and they aren't turning the ball over a lot which only hurts your defense. The Special teams has been good also.

Not to mention we're only one miracle throw from Favre from being 4-0 right now. Great first quarter.
C

Running game very iffy with exception of Seattle, but Seattle has always been Frank Gore's b#tch. Pass blocking sucks. Good D but needs Offense to show up so they can last till the end of 4th quarters. Passing games improving but still lacking. A lot to improve before I can go with a B
Offense................ C+
Defense............... A
Special Teams...... B+

Overall Grade....... B
Originally posted by Hopper:
A- No way I expected the defense to play this dominant. The offense is far from explosive, but they're making good plays when needed and they aren't turning the ball over a lot which only hurts your defense. The Special teams has been good also.

Not to mention we're only one miracle throw from Favre from being 4-0 right now. Great first quarter.

This