LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 229 users in the forums

Our next 3 Games (WOW)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Taking 2 out of the next 3 will be a supber challenge. They are 3 of the hottest teams in the league. I like the fact that the Alanta game is at home. But after that Houston and Indy on the road. Good thing is that we should get plenty of prime time games. To me this will be the test to see if we are playoff bound or not. The D is going to give us plenty of chances to win. It will be all up to that passing explosion that we need to happen!
49ers will be coming out of a bye week when we face the colts.

We should put up a good fight in that game
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Taking 2 out of the next 3 will be a supber challenge. They are 3 of the hottest teams in the league. I like the fact that the Alanta game is at home. But after that Houston and Indy on the road. Good thing is that we should get plenty of prime time games. To me this will be the test to see if we are playoff bound or not. The D is going to give us plenty of chances to win. It will be all up to that passing explosion that we need to happen!

You gotta think we have a good chance to win the last two games on our schedule. If we make the playoffs at 9-7 we have to win 4 out of the next 10 games. I think we can do that and more considering our home schedule.
I feel like the clock might struck 12 and we turned into pumpkins. Our offensive guys need to get it together quick to help out this good D we have. Good teams won't wait and let our anemic offense to get it together in the second half. I don't care if they're wounded ducks, Hill needs to connect with the WRs more often.
Houston doesn't really scare me. We can handle them.

Their defense is pretty crappy and we can stop the run. Shaub is good but he makes a lot of mistakes and if we can get to him he will turn the ball over.

Atlanta's coming off a bye and Matt Ryan is a beast. I don't see us coming out on top in that game.

The Colts game? It's going to come down to our offensive line. If we can run the ball effectively and keep Manning off the field we may have a chance. (see Miami gme) If we get behind it's going to be trouble as Freeney and Mathis will blitz the hell out of our team if we have to come from behind. (see Arizona game) Having Gore back (hopefully) will be a help though.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Don't look ahead.

Only the Falcons game matters right now
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Their defense is pretty crappy and we can stop the run. Shaub is good but he makes a lot of mistakes and if we can get to him he will turn the ball over.

Atlanta's coming off a bye and Matt Ryan is a beast. I don't see us coming out on top in that game.

The Colts game? It's going to come down to our offensive line. If we can run the ball effectively and keep Manning off the field we may have a chance. (see Miami gme) If we get behind it's going to be trouble as Freeney and Mathis will blitz the hell out of our team if we have to come from behind. (see Arizona game) Having Gore back (hopefully) will be a help though.

There is something to be said for having to travel cross country.
I really like our chances with Atlanta next week. It will be fun to see how Vern plays knowing hes going going against Tony G. Our D is better anyway. Hopefully we continue to make changes on the Play calling because we like need it bad.
Yeah the Houston game i think we can win. Their defense isn't very good, i'm thinking we can run on them especially if Gore is 100% healthy. It's on the road, at 10am so it will be challenging though.

I see the Colts as the biggest game. Their defense is suspect but it's not something to sleep on.

Good teams win on the road, we'll find out if we're a good team.

-9fA
The Falcons and the Colts will be real challenges, but I wouldn't worry too much about the Texans. Sure the Texans looked like real contenders against the Raiders today, but who wouldn't except for the absolute bottom-feeders of the league?

Originally posted by fzrdave:
The Falcons and the Colts will be real challenges, but I wouldn't worry too much about the Texans. Sure the Texans looked like real contenders against the Raiders today, but who wouldn't except for the absolute bottom-feeders of the league?

The funny thing is, i'm pretty sure Colts and Texans fans are saying the same thing about us.

-9fA
Originally posted by crzy:
Don't look ahead.

Only the Falcons game matters right now

That's the smartest thing i've read out of you.
Put it this way:

If the 49ers can play the way we know they can play

they can beat the Falcons and Texans

and hang (possibly beat) the Colts
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by fzrdave:

The funny thing is, i'm pretty sure Colts and Texans fans are saying the same thing about us.

-9fA

I wouldn't think that anyone will take us lightly after the way our D has played. We have been getting pretty good press for our improved play.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

There is something to be said for having to travel cross country.

True. Although I think it would be easier to go from East to West Coasts than the other way around (not so early).

I think our defense can manage the Falcons okay. But unless our offense steps up it's not going to be enough.

Hill is unbeaten at home though.....

[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Oct 4, 2009 at 19:12:01 ]
Share 49ersWebzone