LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Our next 3 Games (WOW)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
Atlanta is very winnable. They have beat Carolina and Miami got thumped by the Patriots

There offense is ranked 24th in the league and defense 23rd in the league. What is interesting is that SI gives them a power ranking of 8, how is that justified based on who they have beat and there league rankings?

It's probably based on large part of the strides that they made last season. I know their defense may be a little suspect but they have a number of weapons on offense. Turner can run, Ryan can throw very well and Gonzalez and White are good at their respective positions.

-9fA
We can win the ATL game. If we do we get Gore back after the bye. If the OL isn't fixed when we play the Falcons we really need to get it fixed during the bye which would give us a chance agianst the Colts if they can't stop our run game. Houston is a very winnable game.
i'm not scared of atlanta. it's going to be a great game but we can hang with them.

i just get the vibe that our offense is going to play to the level of the team we are playing. the production we get against the cards is the same we get a gainst the vikes and the rams and whoever else.

lets not forget shaun hill can take this team down the field. 5 TD's and 1 pick this year and he has looked very good at times. i also have to believe our O-line is going to just get better as we play together more.

the colts game is going to be a real test. i would be lying if i said i was as confident against the colts as i was against the rams but thats why they play the games. the colts aren't some all-world unbeatable juggernaut. they almost lost to miami.
I just hope that if we hang with the Colts we don't make the same mistake we did with the Vikings, if we have the chance to win the game just go for the kill. Manning will pick us apart if we give him a chance to do it
I see us beating atl and the texans but losing to indy
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Taking 2 out of the next 3 will be a supber challenge. They are 3 of the hottest teams in the league. I like the fact that the Alanta game is at home. But after that Houston and Indy on the road. Good thing is that we should get plenty of prime time games. To me this will be the test to see if we are playoff bound or not. The D is going to give us plenty of chances to win. It will be all up to that passing explosion that we need to happen!

We will beat the Texans easily... We match up very well with them. Hopefully gore will be back. It will be hard for many teams to match the physicality of this Niners D.
The only game that matters in the Atlanta game right now. Screw the colts and the texans. It would suck if we lose two out of the three because we are looking ahead. We are not good enough YET to be looking ahead.

The only thing we should be worried about is how our defense is going to stop Ryan, Turner, and Gonzalez next week.

Tough matchup, but i think it's time for the niners to get a win out of the division and really prove to me and some of the doubters out there that we are for real.
Originally posted by crzy:
Don't look ahead.

Only the Falcons game matters right now
IMO our defense matches up well with Atlanta offense. We can put Lawson on Gonzalez with Safety support over the top. Turner is a decent RB but he is not a Peterson or Jackson. My biggest concern is that the Falcons will have had two weeks to prepare for this game. Going to be tough but we can do it.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by crzy:
Don't look ahead.

Only the Falcons game matters right now

This is probably what the team was told two minutes after they got in the locker room.

I think we stand a good chance of beating Atlanta. They are coming off a bye week and a tough loss. However. I think it is important to look to the job the Pats did on these guys.

If the pats can stop michael turner than so can we. If they could turn that into pressure on Matt Ryan than so can we. They also managed to run all over Atlanta. Moss was huge for them in that game. So we might not have the offense but I'm thinking we can beat Atlanta at home.

Miami, Carolina, and NE have all managed to run well against atlanta. I say our D is better than their offense and our offense is better than theirs will be against our D.

Finally, I too support not getting ahead. All energy on atlanta.
Ok, Atlanta in our house is a winnable game. Even if we erase the Rams game, we have scored more point per game and we would be tied with Atlanta in points against. If we add in home field advantage, I think we should win this game.

The Texans give up a lot of points with 94 points for and 92 points against (up to week 4). Based off of the Stats, this is a weaker D than any that we've faced so far and we should have Frank back.

The Colts game will be a tough one. This will be a good test for our D. I agree with several others, this will be a good test to see where we stand in the NFL.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Ok, Atlanta in our house is a winnable game. Even if we erase the Rams game, we have scored more point per game and we would be tied with Atlanta in points against. If we add in home field advantage, I think we should win this game.

The Texans give up a lot of points with 94 points for and 92 points against (up to week 4). Based off of the Stats, this is a weaker D than any that we've faced so far and we should have Frank back.

The Colts game will be a tough one. This will be a good test for our D. I agree with several others, this will be a good test to see where we stand in the NFL.

It is winnable. The Falcons might be a bit overrated. Maybe a lot of hype involved with this team. (Not to take them lightly, they are still a good team.)
Share 49ersWebzone