LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

No doubt...Coach Singletary da man!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So we have all witnessed Coach Singletary for 3 games in 2009 season to date.

Record is 2 and 1 ( could just as easily be 3 and 0).

So far, Im am totally impressed with how Singletary makes all the correct challenges, uses his time out's effectively, makes the referees think twice, uses constructive critisiam when neccessary regarding our player's ( Delanie Walker for one) but most importantly, shows his concern and care about our players and our players showing it right back to Coach Singletary.

Coach Singletary has our team caring about each other, focusing on one goal, being a playoff contenter and clearly playing lights out aggressive football to the best of each players ability.

Coach has our team recognizing what it takes to be WINNERS!
He is surely doing his job, teaching the players and learning himself along the way.
Ill take him over any coach in the NFL currently. He's a man who has values.
  • whole49yards
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by BigMar:
So we have all witnessed Coach Singletary for 3 games in 2009 season to date.

Record is 2 and 1 ( could just as easily be 3 and 0).

So far, Im am totally impressed with how Singletary makes all the correct challenges, uses his time out's effectively, makes the referees think twice, uses constructive critisiam when neccessary regarding our player's ( Delanie Walker for one) but most importantly, shows his concern and care about our players and our players showing it right back to Coach Singletary.

Coach Singletary has our team caring about each other, focusing on one goal, being a playoff contenter and clearly playing lights out aggressive football to the best of each players ability.

Coach has our team recognizing what it takes to be WINNERS!

Bump!!!
Coach Sing is definitely leading his team by example... After the the booth review on the last play... he just clapped his hand and held his head high!!!
On another play where it was a good play for the 49ers they showed some of the player coming on the sidelines and coach was trying to give one of the guys some daps but i guess he didn't see coach... but the coach went back to him and was like come here give me some!!! now that's what i'm talking about... he da man!!!
I sense that fans of many other teams see and hear Singletary, and say "Wow, I wish that guy was coaching my team!" I'm glad that he is the Niner HC.

The players seem to have bought-in full-bore. And that's a very positive thing.

The longer term question for me is Singletary's shelf life. He is so demanding, so sparse with compliments, I wonder how he can handle a 3-4 game losing streak, should that ever occur. Gore's extended absence is going to test matters. Singletary's comments after the Minnesota loss, sounded a lot like "moral victory" speak to me, which is in conflict with his "I don't believe in moral victories" stance. Winning cures all ills and I certainly hope the winning continues. But handling losses will be the measure of Singletary's growth as a HC.
Originally posted by aacadena:

na ill take dungy and cower over him but singeltary is still a beast
  • Luca
  • Veteran

I agree with you.
''Gimme some love........ay........AY!

Gimme some love , now. C'mon let's go!''

What I love is how discipline we are playing.... I swear sometimes it feels like we have the fewest penalties in the league.

That is head coaching at its finest.....imo.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

na ill take dungy and cower over him but singeltary is still a beast

Fail.

He said he'd take Singletary, "over any coach in the NFL currently." Well both of the guys you listed are out of jobs this year lol
Exactly
[ Edited by LBCniner on Sep 28, 2009 at 11:24 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

na ill take dungy and cower over him but singeltary.......

Hey Aacadena, im happy you feel that way, and ima let you finish, but that was the biggest fail of all time. THE BIGGEST FAIL OF ALL TIME!!
Share 49ersWebzone