LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

No doubt...Coach Singletary da man!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If MS can not get a grip on Raye, and demand that more adjustment MUST be made to win games, and if in fact that is because MS hasn't much of a clue about offense, then in that case; his stature comes down a couple pegs for me.

All they needed to do was use a couple swing passes to VD to win that game, but no, up the gut dumb sh*t.

He did the same thing in the AZ game and made it harder than it should have been. Somebody has GOT to get a clue on the O play calling.

However MS, has gotten the guys to play, and play 60 minutes, hooray!

Man, the players must have been crushed after that last play. God I hate Farve, not many/any other QB in the league could have done that.
Why the prevent, why.. Crap, I digress.....

NINERS!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by LBCniner:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by aacadena:
Ill take him over any coach in the NFL currently. He's a man who has values.

na ill take dungy and cower over him but singeltary.......

Hey Aacadena, im happy you feel that way, and ima let you finish, but that was the biggest fail of all time. THE BIGGEST FAIL OF ALL TIME!!

about liking singletary...? i would take him over most current NFL coaches also
  • NEW_WORLD_ORDER
  • Info N/A
Yeah, coach Sing is a hell of a guy. You can DEFINITELY see a change in this team. We've beat and almost beat 3 quality teams...and our offense isn't even clicking yet!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Singletary is a great coach, but I think he needs to be a little more flexible. I love running the ball, but him saying that he hopes Hill never has to win a game for us is not the right attitude. I hope he doesn't end up like Steve Mariucci, taking a knee before halftime in playoff games. I think that if you feel that way about your QB, then get another QB because QBs are supposed to win games. This isn't the 1985 Bears. We don't have Walter Payton and we don't have that defense. Hill is going to HAVE to win us some games sooner or later, just like Favre did against us. Running the ball 3 straight times like that against Minnesota into the teeth of the defense is just plain stupid and I don't care how you slice it. I could understand if we got 4 yards on the first run, and then maybe 3 or 4 yards on the second run. It might then seem logical that we could get 2 yards or so on 3rd down. But when we're going BACKWARDS, I don't see how it's logical to assume that you're going to get a first down out of that. We did the same thing in Arizona and we almost lost because of it. We gave Warner one last chance and were fortunate not to have it backfire. I guess it came back to haunt us this time.

And please don't say we did that to get rid of their timeouts. Screw the timeouts. Attempting a pass doesn't mean that the clock will stop. If anything, Hill can always check down and throw the ball to a back, run with it, take a sack, etc. He might even complete a pass, considering that his completion percentage is over 70 in the 4th quarter. I like Singletary, but I'm not liking his lack of faith in Shaun Hill. You have to let the guy loose and play football. Brett Favre is a magician. He doesn't need timeouts to beat us. There was going to be far too much time left on the clock for us to worry about getting rid of their timeouts. Sorry, I'm still not liking the play calls and until we get more aggressive, I don't think this team will get very far.
[ Edited by B650 on Sep 29, 2009 at 1:12 AM ]

na ill take dungy and cower over him but singeltary is still a beast

Nop , sing is the man ! i would not change except Ray !
He is a great motivator and leader but he is no different than Nolan when it comes to situational decisions.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Hey Aacadena, im happy you feel that way, and ima let you finish, but that was the biggest fail of all time. THE BIGGEST FAIL OF ALL TIME!!

no about him saying hed take cowher over him when hes not looking for a job.
Originally posted by B650:
Singletary is a great coach, but I think he needs to be a little more flexible. I love running the ball, but him saying that he hopes Hill never has to win a game for us is not the right attitude. I hope he doesn't end up like Steve Mariucci, taking a knee before halftime in playoff games. I think that if you feel that way about your QB, then get another QB because QBs are supposed to win games. This isn't the 1985 Bears. We don't have Walter Payton and we don't have that defense. Hill is going to HAVE to win us some games sooner or later, just like Favre did against us. Running the ball 3 straight times like that against Minnesota into the teeth of the defense is just plain stupid and I don't care how you slice it. I could understand if we got 4 yards on the first run, and then maybe 3 or 4 yards on the second run. It might then seem logical that we could get 2 yards or so on 3rd down. But when we're going BACKWARDS, I don't see how it's logical to assume that you're going to get a first down out of that. We did the same thing in Arizona and we almost lost because of it. We gave Warner one last chance and were fortunate not to have it backfire. I guess it came back to haunt us this time.

You are right my friend. In AZ, we actually gave them two chances at it. And in Seattle, they were always two scores away just because our O could not take time off the clock. We kept giving them chances.

ATTN COACH SING: "We are not a charity. We cannot give them the game."
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 29, 2009 at 1:11 PM ]
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

no about him saying hed take cowher over him when hes not looking for a job.

That was 49ersalldaway that said that...

Share 49ersWebzone