There are 253 users in the forums

I haven't felt this Low about a loss in a Long Long time

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Even after reading how some of the play-off losses were more painful, I still am suffering more than ever from this. The loss happened with :02 left! And it was Brett Favre getting lucky AGAIN! He just chucked the ball in the air and it landed in exactly the right spot. Run that same scenario again and it would be a TD only one out of a hundred times, also it was Brett Favre, who is what 13-2 against us? I hate him. Maybe if I see us kill the Rams 35-7, I will feel a little better. I can't believe I didn't start breaking things after watching that crap. To add insult to injury that game cost
me a football pool win, I was the only one who picked the Niners! Brett Favre stold $300 from me. I HATE HIM!
I work in southwest minnesota, coming to work yesterday was no too bad, but today all the viking fans can't stop talking about the game and I get hit with the same comment over and over "how about them vikings" I don't think I can tolerate this anymore.
Originally posted by elbolitas49ers:
I work in southwest minnesota, coming to work yesterday was no too bad, but today all the viking fans can't stop talking about the game and I get hit with the same comment over and over "how about them vikings" I don't think I can tolerate this anymore.

Want a bunch of us to fly overthere and open a can of AssWHoopen??!!!

I'm in Northern Minnesota, my friends and co-workers tried to talk s**t, but I reminded them it took a last second miracle to beat us and we were the more physical team and we had them beat even without our top weapon.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

Want a bunch of us to fly overthere and open a can of AssWHoopen??!!!
That would be nice, you guys could stay at my house.(Mi csa su casa) thanks I feel better now.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

I'm in Northern Minnesota, my friends and co-workers tried to talk s**t, but I reminded them it took a last second miracle to beat us and we were the more physical team and we had them beat even without our top weapon.
I just told my friends to remember they just won a regular season game, is not like they won the superbowl. I think that comment struck a nerve.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
just watched the play again and if Ray McDonald keeps his motor running, that last play doesn't happen. He's out there just kindda lolly gaggin. Didn't even put his hands up to block bretts vision. Just someone else to blame for what could of been.

man, poor 9er fan with the Willis jersey tried to help Roman out at 1:27....just pause it there first row to the left.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
just watched the play again and if Ray McDonald keeps his motor running, that last play doesn't happen. He's out there just kindda lolly gaggin. Didn't even put his hands up to block bretts vision. Just someone else to blame for what could of been.

man, poor 9er fan with the Willis jersey tried to help Roman out at 1:27....just pause it there first row to the left.

Fan... That wasn't no fan. That right there proves P-Willy is everywhere. Hell, I'm sure he's watching me type this right now...
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Fan... That wasn't no fan. That right there proves P-Willy is everywhere. Hell, I'm sure he's watching me type this right now...

>
  • B650
  • Veteran

Just ask them how many rings they have.

Damnit, look how close Lawson gets to sacking his ass! How awesome would it have been to see Lawson obliterate Favre for the last play...

God that video hurts so much to watch.
Lets put it this way, ever since the play I have not watched any highlight replay of Vikings v. 49ers and i never ever willingly plan to either.

-9fA
  • 49erinChicago
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Lets put it this way, ever since the play I have not watched any highlight replay of Vikings v. 49ers and i never ever willingly plan to either.

-9fA

Ya I have been avoided turning on ESPN. Thats all they talk about. ESPN sportcenter couldn't have wished for anything better.

If you all freeze this clip at 1:16 (out of 1:41), you will clearly see that the receiver's left foot (specifically his left toe) on the end line. Every other angle confirms this. For this to be a legal play, his entire foot needs to be inbounds or to put it another way, there needs to be some green around his entire foot. There isn't.
The other point I will make is that to drag his right foot in bounds, he has to angle his left foot on the line even more, thereby confirming that the play should have been called incomplete.
It was close and probably too close to overturn on replay. I'm just saying the officials got the call wrong.....probably to be expected on the road. Give the officials credit.....and move on.
I have't felt so bad and so good for a loss in a long long time. I hope we play them in the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone