There are 139 users in the forums

I haven't felt this Low about a loss in a Long Long time

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
ALL i got to say is, WE WERE AND ARE THE BETTER TEAM OUT THERE.

Everyone knows this game shoulda been ours, everyone knows it,

FAVRE/VIKES got lucky, only because STINK ASS ROMAN BLOWS BALLS.

AGREED!

If only Dre Bly had taken that ball to the house!
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Hey look here, another thread in which I can share how much I hate Favre.
I blame our wack ass special teams kickoff tackling

Ulbrich was getting rag dolled.

how do you give up a 103 yard kick return ?

Harvin was untouched!
Originally posted by jmond09:
If only Dre Bly had taken that ball to the house!

If he holds on to that ball everyone is questioning Brett Farve's ability. I wonder how many of these "experts" actually watched the game because I've only heard the Primetime crew bring it up.
Originally posted by BobS:
I have been a fan for over 35 years, and I can't remember a more painful loss. Favre seems to get so lucky against us, and it still continues. This one is going to hurt for a long time.

Losses to the Cowboys or the Giants in the '90s playoffs for me.
"The Niners are for real, so I feel for real!"

The Niner's played a good game, but as much as they played their butts off yesterday, I can't help, but think if we had converted just one, just one 3rd down in the 2nd half, Favre doesn't have this opportunity...all well....

"You hold your head up! You do not need to put your head down for nobody! You hold your head up! You understand? You hold your head up, put your shoulders back and let's rock! OK? Let's go!" -Mike Singletary
[ Edited by eddie_arkadia on Sep 28, 2009 at 2:42 PM ]
Thinking about this, and dwelling/stewing in it a bit. Hardest losses I can quickly think of in team history (IMO):

1. 1990 NFC championship game (Craig's fumble)
2. 1987 NFC playoffs (Minnesota's Carter goes off)
3. 1991 Falcons game (hail mary w/MC Hammer dancing on the sidelines)
4. 1992 NFC playoffs vrs. Cowboys (Jesse Sopolu w/head in hands in the mud afterward)
5. 1995 NFC playoffs (Brett's first really big game against us)
6. 2009 vrs. Minn (this one just still hurts)
7. 2004 vrs Seattle (shut out for the 1st time in 27 years.)

DAMN.

At least most of these were playoff games (meaing we were good enough to get in there and expect to win.)
  • jrg
  • Veteran
We got respect today.

Because everybody and their mom knows we should have won that game.

We come home PISSED OFF for two games against St. Louis and Atlanta.

4-1 49ers going into the bye

I don't feel bad, yeah it sucks we lost. sometimes teams get lucky. We were in good position to win the game and we got a bad break, these things happen. We play in an offense that gets really conservative when we have the lead and we are relying on the strength of our team, the Defense, to hold onto the win for us.

We overcame a lot to nearly beat them and a loss now won't hurt us. Plus, we play the rams next week, 3-1 is still pretty decent.
There are a lot of would have, could have, and should haves associated with this game, but the 9ers did not come out of the game with a win. Personnally, I thought the Vikes receiver's left foot was on the line, but the replay wasn't conclusive, so mark this one down as a loss. However, the 9ers are back to respectability and played one of the top teams in their house straight up and were only two seconds away from a win. Yeah, it was a tough loss, but just think of it as part of the growing process. The next time the 9ers are in that situation they will stand a much better chance of getting a win.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
There are a lot of would have, could have, and should haves associated with this game, but the 9ers did not come out of the game with a win. Personnally, I thought the Vikes receiver's left foot was on the line, but the replay wasn't conclusive, so mark this one down as a loss. However, the 9ers are back to respectability and played one of the top teams in their house straight up and were only two seconds away from a win. Yeah, it was a tough loss, but just think of it as part of the growing process. The next time the 9ers are in that situation they will stand a much better chance of getting a win.

Sounds awefully like a 'moral victory' to me...
This loss was bitter sweet.I hated losing to brett fart but at the same time how bad would it of been if nolan was at the command? Respect and some recognition was gained in this game. We are gonna keep it movin
I actually wasn't too piss@d because we didn't have Gore, 2 OL were in and out of the lineup, they got a special teams td and we handled petersen easily. We play them again we win. Especially if we have Gore WE WIN
Share 49ersWebzone