There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I haven't felt this Low about a loss in a Long Long time

Originally posted by NinersRule:
Originally posted by LundyLove:
Originally posted by NinersRule:
Not since we were good and expecting to win every game..... I know it hurts but here is the silver lining.....

I realized that we are on the verge of expecting to win every game again where the losses haunt you all week til the next game

Its the big bright light that we are almost back where we want to be.....

Its awesome that losing makes me want to vomit all week again.....

I know its a weird way to look at it,,,,

I feel the exact same way. The last 5-7 years I expected us to lose and was pleasantly surprised when we won.

This year I expect us to win (even on the road) and when we didn't today I was seriously hurt. Today's game was REALLY painful.

Thats what I am saying.... in the 80's and 90's

After a loss I would be sick and depressed for a week....

Recently it was like I was expecting us to lose so whatever....

I am starting to get the same feelings like it was back when we were good

Agree 100%, it messed up my whole day.

I am also avoiding Sportscenter because I don't want to hear about how much "heart" Favre has...9 out of 10 times that pass is incomplete. AHHHHHHH

19/20 is more like it.
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
ALL i got to say is, WE WERE AND ARE THE BETTER TEAM OUT THERE.

Everyone knows this game shoulda been ours, everyone knows it,

FAVRE/VIKES got lucky, only because STINK ASS ROMAN BLOWS BALLS.

I must painfully agree!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I have been a fan for over 35 years, and I can't remember a more painful loss. Favre seems to get so lucky against us, and it still continues. This one is going to hurt for a long time.
I have to go to work in about an hour and a half and I'm in vikings territory, so I'll be hearing it all week, is going to be a long day, wish me luck, but yesterday coming out of the metrodome I came out my head up high knowing that we are a better team.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I would have rather lost by 30 than this heartbreaker. I just knew we couldve won. And we almost did. I think this just makes us stronger as a team. I just have to hear this week cuz all the crap I talked last week. Its ok, it took everything they had and a prayer to beat us

You might be able to get over this by watching "highlights" from the past 6 seasons. Especially focus on those Donahue/Erickson years.
I agree....i haven't felt like this in a long long time. This one really stings cause we know we had this game put away until that last shot.
this post is why i love this website.

i'm just sooooooo glad to know how many of us 9ers fans feel this way. i almost feel better. my entire day was ruined yesterday as well. i watched no football after the 9ers game. was just too painful. havent even wanted to turn on nfl network. maybe tonite i will now.

you guys hit the nail on the head in this post. losing before was expected, winning was a nice little fortune cookie.

now it feels like its back to winning being an after thought and winning in style being the name of the game.

thanks guys. i feel like this is the best support group out there.
[ Edited by ninersush on Sep 28, 2009 at 1:12 PM ]
Originally posted by ninersush:
this post is why i love this website.

i'm just sooooooo glad to know how many of us 9ers fans feel this way. i almost feel better. my entire day was ruined yesterday as well. i watched no football after the 9ers game. was just too painful. havent even wanted to turn on nfl network. maybe tonite i will now.

you guys hit the nail on the head in this post. losing before was expected, winning was a nice little fortune cookie.

now it feels like its back to winning being an after thought and winning in style being the name of the game.

thanks guys. i feel like this is the best support group out there.

Totally agree. I was devistated and moped around all day yesturday, but after reading that many share my same feelings I feel a lot better.

Hi, I'm Vermonator and I'm a Niner-aholic.

Now let's demolish those Rams!
[ Edited by vermonator on Sep 28, 2009 at 1:17 PM ]
  • bouchi
  • Info N/A
Yesterday had me feeling like a kid again. As I watched both refs hold up their arms in unison while hiding behind the couch with just my eyes peering over, I collapsed, head tuck in my arms. I looked at the TV briefly, watching the instant replay hoping that one angle, any angle would show the WR to be out of bounds. But when that didn't come to fruition, I began swearing every single word I could think of. I ran outside, smoked two cigarettes, and had to get HIGH up in those clouds to forget what had just transpired. I was devastated, hurt, emotionally drained, and loving every minute of it! Hear me out on this one though guys.....

Remember the glory years, when a loss would ruin your week? When you went into every game expecting to win, and if they didn't, then god dammit, heads better roll. Those feelings for me returned yesterday.

Yesterday morning, I was still apprehensive to give this team too much credit, call them a "contender". With Arizona coming off their Super Bowl hangover, and Seattle having way too many injuries to really gauge where we were as a team, I still wasn't ready to believe this team could compete with the elite teams of this league. But yesterday, as I watched a team claw its way back into a game, that in any other season would have been over at halftime. After losing their best player and playing toe to toe with one of the "elite" teams in the NFC, in their home opener, with FARVE (just F****** retire already!!!), I began to believe again.

Finally, after six long years. Numerous head coaches, QB's, and flat out $hitty play, I started to believe that the Niners were back! Finally, this franchise could be a team that's mentioned with the Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, Saints and Vikings and go into any game knowing that you can win. Hell, even expecting to win. Yesterdays game showed me that I don't have to go into every Sunday, knowing that a loss is probable, but if they win, well thats cool too. Oh No!!! Not anymore, as I look at the schedule I see wins and challenging games. Not losses and possible victories.

Don't get me wrong guys. Yesterday was brutal, I'm still in the doghouse with lady for it. But I have to say, I loved yesterday. IT SHOWED ME THE NINERS ARE BACK!!!!
[ Edited by bouchi on Sep 28, 2009 at 2:00 PM ]
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
I haven't felt this high. We dominated a Super Bowl in thier own house. The crowd was quiet and we should have won that game. Sometimes miracles are just that. You can't stop them. We will see them again and get revenge.

And we can set a goal to make it OUR HOUSE !!
I have to admit, I must give props to Gary Radnich. He called us being "back" last week immediately after the SEA game. I was a little surprised as he's a results king of guy but he called it.

Originally posted by bouchi:
Yesterday had me feeling like a kid again. As I watched both refs hold up their arms in unison while hiding behind the couch with just my eyes peering over, I collapsed, head tuck in my arms. I looked at the TV briefly, watching the instant replay hoping that one angle, any angle would show the WR to be out of bounds. But when that didn't come to fruition, I began swearing every single word I could think of. I ran outside, smoked two cigarettes, and had to get HIGH up in those clouds to forget what had just transpired. I was devastated, hurt, emotionally drained, and loving every minute of it! Hear me out on this one though guys.....

Remember the glory years, when a loss would ruin your week? When you went into every game expecting to win, and if they didn't, then god dammit, heads better roll. Those feelings for me returned yesterday.

Yesterday morning, I was still apprehensive to give this team too much credit, call them a "contender". With Arizona coming off their Super Bowl hangover, and Seattle having way too many injuries to really gauge where we were as a team, I still wasn't ready to believe this team could compete with the elite teams of this league. But yesterday, as I watched a team claw its way back into a game, that in any other season would have been over at halftime. After losing their best player and playing toe to toe with one of the "elite" teams in the NFC, in their home opener, with FARVE (just F****** retire already!!!), I began to believe again.

Finally, after six long years. Numerous head coaches, QB's, and flat out $hitty play, I started to believe that the Niners were back! Finally, this franchise could be a team that's mentioned with the Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, Saints and Vikings and go into any game knowing that you can win. Hell, even expecting to win. Yesterdays game showed me that I don't have to go into every Sunday, knowing that a loss is probable, but if they win, well thats cool too. Oh No!!! Not anymore, as I look at the schedule I see wins and challenging games. Not losses and possible victories.

Don't get me wrong guys. Yesterday was brutal, I'm still in the doghouse with lady for it. But I have to say, I loved yesterday. IT SHOWED ME THE NINERS ARE BACK!!!!
Originally posted by BHulman:
Not since we were good and expecting to win every game..... I know it hurts but here is the silver lining.....

I realized that we are on the verge of expecting to win every game again where the losses haunt you all week til the next game

Its the big bright light that we are almost back where we want to be.....

Its awesome that losing makes me want to vomit all week again.....

I know its a weird way to look at it,,,,

Yeah. For years I have just been depressed after the Niners lost. For it actually to hurt is a good sign.

Sometimes I ask myself 'why do I do it?' All the heart break of being a terrible team the past 6+ years, of seeing other team's fans getting their memories and big moments at our expense.

And now, with the 49ers appearing to turn the corner, playing their hearts out and being on the verge of one of their biggest wins of the decade, this happens.

Here's looking forward to our dagger in their hearts, our big new memories to talk about with fellow fans for years to come, the endless replays of the glory etc.

Just not today...

Damn. Sometimes I HATE being a fan.
-Still in first b*tches! And we face the Rams next week! 3-1 losing to the Vikes by 3 and luck? I'll take it.

- Sims is fail and at least Sing saw that during the false start on Sims.

- Hopefully , the Prevent will cease to exist in our playbook , ala the Wildcat

-We did well without our main player , Gore

-Vernon Vernon VERNON! GREAT BLOCKING, Amazing block hit downfield, and he now can catch!

-Adrian Peterson, the leagues' new Barry Sanders, was shut down.

-Players respect Sing, he chews out refs , and players when they eff up. I.e.
D.Walker , and Coffee in the first half.

-IT was the the playoff favorites , Minnesota Vikings.

- The media is starting to bandwag, which I TOTALLY EMBRACE!

- Taunting my ass.
Bro I wanted to jump off a bridge!
Originally posted by jmond09:
Bro I wanted to jump off a bridge!

It's all good. We have the rams coming to town

This game did remind me of the ATL vs SF game back in 90. The hail mary that cost us the game. I will always remember that play because it cost us the playoffs.