There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Gores injury, a blessing in disguise?

I think we can replace Gore running the ball I'm just not sure we can replace his production in the passing game. Gore's one of the best receiving backs in the league and with our outside passing game floundering to say the least we could miss him more than we think.

Luckily St Louis is on the herizon. Guaranteed win next week.
with the rams and falcons coming up i think we can manage without gore for atleast acouple weeks, add in the bye week and gore should be ready to rock when we come back. if we came that close to beating the vikings without him we can handle the rams and atlanta and let him rest up for the second half push into the playoffs coffee gets much needed experience too and we can start relying on our WR's a little more so we can round out the offense to make gore more effective when he gets back
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Memphis9er = unabashed Hill hater

I'm at work so I don't have to break down every series, but stats doen't tell the whole story. Anybody who is watching the game can cleary see that we are way too predictable.

BTW, the firt drive should be thrown out. On the first play Allen caused a fumble (after not being called for encroachment) which set us back 7 yards (17 total). That is a deep hole to be in at the back of your own endzone where the noise is the loadest at the very first drive of the game.

Like I said, stats dont tell the whole story....

Then wouldn't that be all the more reason to go vanilla and run on 2nd and 3rd down?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I just think it speed up the development of Glen Coffee. He did good in his first NFL game.

He did good? He had 25 carries and barely broke 50 yards! He only had a little over 2 yards a carry.

No kidding, good? You must have not been watching the same game I was. Coffee did
too much dancing and not enough north & south running. It goes to show you how meaningless pre season is, Coffee looked good there, so far in meaningful games he looks terrible.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I think we can replace Gore running the ball I'm just not sure we can replace his production in the passing game. Gore's one of the best receiving backs in the league and with our outside passing game floundering to say the least we could miss him more than we think.

Luckily St Louis is on the herizon. Guaranteed win next week.

And he's undeniably the best pass-blocking RB in the NFC West! Gore always seems to have one pass-block a game that saves a huge play. He's really 'instinctual' at covering the QB's blind side, and picking up blitzes through the middle that David Baas either misses, or fails to manage athletically.
Originally posted by BobS:
I just think it speed up the development of Glen Coffee. He did good in his first NFL game.

He did good? He had 25 carries and barely broke 50 yards! He only had a little over 2 yards a carry.

No kidding, good? You must have not been watching the same game I was. Coffee did
too much dancing and not enough north & south running. It goes to show you how meaningless pre season is, Coffee looked good there, so far in meaningful games he looks terrible.

the play calling didnt help either. everytime we were gonna run they would call in josh morgan behind the line to block, that was a dead giveaway that we were gonna run, and inside running was not working at all with the williams' bros in there. coffee had a few good runs, frank wouldnt have done any better as a runner, as a receiver he probably wouldve been used more but as a runner i think coffee did just as good as gore wouldve. a lot of times he got to the line and there was no hole so thats why he had to cut back sideways. the vikings are not a good first start for a rookie. he should get his feet wet against the rams next week
I dunno...bc every time they say its "Not Serious" it ends up being a season-ending injury!!! CROSSING FINGERS, KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!!!
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
How the eff is having your best offensive player-maybe the best player on your team and one of the best backs in the league injured a blessing?
NO
ITS NOT
SERIOUSLY
FAIL
[ Edited by ImaMod on Sep 28, 2009 at 8:42 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by BobS:

the play calling didnt help either. everytime we were gonna run they would call in josh morgan behind the line to block, that was a dead giveaway that we were gonna run, and inside running was not working at all with the williams' bros in there. coffee had a few good runs, frank wouldnt have done any better as a runner, as a receiver he probably wouldve been used more but as a runner i think coffee did just as good as gore wouldve. a lot of times he got to the line and there was no hole so thats why he had to cut back sideways. the vikings are not a good first start for a rookie. he should get his feet wet against the rams next week

It's as if Raye is watching remember the titans in the booth and calling whatever play he see's denzel call...

We have a horrible O cordinator...it was true when we were the only one offering him a job in this league and it continues to be true 3 games into this season...

I'm at work so I don't have to break down every series, but stats doen't tell the whole story. Anybody who is watching the game can cleary see that we are way too predictable.

BTW, the firt drive should be thrown out. On the first play Allen caused a fumble (after not being called for encroachment) which set us back 7 yards (17 total). That is a deep hole to be in at the back of your own endzone where the noise is the loadest at the very first drive of the game.

I do not hate Hill,or any other niner, he is doing what is asked of him, and that is all we can expect from him. All I am saying is that he isn't the next great niner QB, but that goes without saying. He will do for now, but the QB position is one we will have to upgrade. Like I said he is the QB now because of the lack of experience and/or shortcomings of the other QB's on our roster, not because he is a great QB.
Iwas thinking the same thing this is a great post we will move on and be better from this.
  • titan
  • Veteran
No! It's not a blessing. If they wanted to pass they would have done it when one of the best pass catching RB is playing! Now that he is out they know we are going to pass.
No. Not a Blessing. Weird Post.
Originally posted by krizay:

Then wouldn't that be all the more reason to go vanilla and run on 2nd and 3rd down?

What did I say that would make you think I would disagree with your statement? My point is you can't just point to three and outs when passing and say, "our passing game sucks." The odds where stacked against them to pass yet they did, which in reality only proves my point that Jimmy Raye is brain dead...
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 28, 2009 at 4:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

I do not hate Hill,or any other niner, he is doing what is asked of him, and that is all we can expect from him. All I am saying is that he isn't the next great niner QB, but that goes without saying. He will do for now, but the QB position is one we will have to upgrade. Like I said he is the QB now because of the lack of experience and/or shortcomings of the other QB's on our roster, not because he is a great QB.[/quote]

I actually agree with everything you said. It just seems like everytime I read your posts about QBs its seems like you are constantly reminding us of how Smith had it hard and Hill isn't the ultimate answer.