LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 354 users in the forums

Gores injury, a blessing in disguise?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I never like to see a player get injured, especially a Niner and even worst Gore. But, maybe the two weeks of sitting Gore will force our coaches/team to depend a little more on the pass. As long as Gore is in the game he will always be our bread and butter, but I think our passing game is a lot better than you would think. What would be ideal is for our passing game to find a rhythm so the coaches are more comfortable putting the game in Shaun's hands or at least letting him bare some of the load and not just when they absolutely have to. If we really want to be a championship team we need a balanced attack, not just a ho hum run team.
interesting

i kinda agree

while we did lose our best player, this forces other players to step up and develop.
I just think it speed up the development of Glen Coffee. He did good in his first NFL game.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
interesting

i kinda agree

while we did lose our best player, this forces other players to step up and develop.

Dude i hope this is the case.
I thought about that too. Good point. Ppl were saying this game will prove Hill's skills. Well, he did a fantastic job. Next week should tell us everything we need to know about Raye b/c he can't hang his hat on Gore. We also have a banged up o-line now too so that running game is going to struggle even more now. We need to bring up Sheets b/c we need some speed off tackle to change things up and keep the defense honest!
Think about it men, early reports say that he is going to miss at least two weeks and perhaps with him out, stupid Raye will feel more inclined to call pass plays and by the time Frank comes back they figured that we have to pass to set up the run.

After 3 games is blatantly obvius that we are MUCH BETTER OFF putting the game in Hills hands instead of trying to run through 10 defenders, as good as Frank is, if you have a capable QB (and Shaun has delivered time and time again) you put the game in his hands no questions asked, i hope that we make some changes and gores injury might help our dumb coach to realize that.
Whether we like it or not, things happen for a reason. -But Hill is going to have to take the bull by the horns here, call audibles, and prove Raye that we're dangerous in the air at a consistent level. -And what a better way to prep the rhythm than against the Rams at home next Sunday.
Very good point. It's a new offense so the more we learn faster the better come playoff time.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I never like to see a player get injured, especially a Niner and even worst Gore. But, maybe the two weeks of sitting Gore will force our coaches/team to depend a little more on the pass. As long as Gore is in the game he will always be our bread and butter, but I think our passing game is a lot better than you would think. What would be ideal is for our passing game to find a rhythm so the coaches are more comfortable putting the game in Shaun's hands or at least letting him bare some of the load and not just when they absolutely have to. If we really want to be a championship team we need a balanced attack, not just a ho hum run team.

I agree. I feel we have the tools to be productive in both the run and the pass. This hopefully might lead to Jason Hill being activated next week. It makes me wonder if they are going to go with Coffee, Robinson, and Norris as the only backs. If so, then they definitely are going to have to open the offense up and spread it out a little more.
  • gzsfreak
  • Info N/A
They also proved to the fans, the team and the rest of the league that we're not just a one man (Gore) show. We can compete! And if not for a couple bad plays on both sides of the ball, at the end, we could have won! We will be alright! I believe the coach when he says "we'll see them again, in the playoffs!"

IMHO...no
I definately agree. I think the tendancy was to lean on Gore, and that was preventing some other players, and thus the offense as a whole, from growing.

Hill to Vernon Davis needs to continue.

It's important to remember that Raye is still learning about the players too. I think Gore's injury forces Raye, to learn more about the guys he has, and how he can better utilize them.
  • ZRF80
Excellent point. Time for the coaching staff to find other ways to win besides relying on Gore's legs.
Can it be, yes, will it, most likely not because we still want to be a team that runs the ball. I do hope they see that we can pass the ball and should do it to be less predictable.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Interesting take. I like it.

That being said I hope Gore comes back after the bye and runs all over people.

Gore+more seasoned passing game=look the f**k out
Share 49ersWebzone