LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 298 users in the forums

Should the 49ers Call Up Kory Sheets ftrom the Practice Squad?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should the 49ers Call Up Kory Sheets ftrom the Practice Squad?

• Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Drop Spurlock and call up Sheets... why do we need all this WR's in the first place since they only ever run 3 WR sets, and that is rare?

Bingo!! Couldn't agree more, but again lets hope it doesn't come to that!
Drop Spurlock and call up Sheets... why do we need all this WR's in the first place since they only ever run 3 WR sets, and that is rare?

this. and run moran norris more, the guy can move for a big man, he'll soften LB's up for the RB's
It will most likely be J.Hill that gets dropped. Seems like the coaching staff have hard-ons for Spurlock.

Not sure why
[ Edited by AKfanster on Sep 27, 2009 at 5:27 PM ]
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

this. and run moran norris more, the guy can move for a big man, he'll soften LB's up for the RB's

Exactly, we don't necessarily need to call up Sheets we can run Norris that dude is a beast
Matt Maiocco: The 49ers will evaluate Frank Gore's ankle on Monday. They will give serious consideration to promoting Kory Sheets from the practice squad.

Sheets gives the Niners a different look (speed around the corner); I would like to see him get a chance.
Originally posted by Pogity:
Does that mean Gore goes on the disabled list? Who gets booted from the 53 then?
Originally posted by kidash98:
Does that mean Gore goes on the disabled list? Who gets booted from the 53 then?

disabled list???
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by kidash98:

disabled list???

I'm trippin....

Originally posted by dorkasaurus_rex:
BRING HIM IN NEXT WEEK!

I say bring him up we could use the speed on the edges, but Raye only calls, Trap, Blast, and Counter. Sheets is too small for that and Raye might to old to learn new Tricks!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Sep 27, 2009 at 9:09 PM ]
  • Tman
  • Veteran
With the way we were planning on runnin the ball this year, he should never have been cut!!

Getting some speed on the edges out of the backfield will definately be a plus

• Tman
  • Veteran

are you takin about IR? if so... no he would be out for the season then. He just wont dress for the next game or 2 but as far as who would get the boot. It would have to be one of the receivers IMO, Hill or Spurlock
yes please?
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by PTulini:
I think maybe Frank Gore needs a week off to get healthy. Call up Kory Sheets and use him and Glen Coffee in the running game.

MAD HOPS.

They will call up Sheets so they could rest Gore through the bye week. My guess is Spurlock or Jason Hill goes. If Hill goes he will have gotten seriously ripped off IMO and will get picked up right away probably by our favorite Jets.

Share 49ersWebzone