There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

When a Loss is a Win

Originally posted by a24hrdad:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
How can you love a team that loses? This team is pathetic. They beat two really bad teams, and lost to another really bad team. This is the Vikings we're talking about. Please. They never do anything!

I love this team regardless if it wins or looses. I have stuck with this team my entire life through good seasons and bad. I don't drop them because of one loss.

The two teams you are downing are our division rivals that most analysts had us loosing to. We beat our division rivals and we are in the playoffs.

This team is far from pathetic, we have heart, passion and fight, something I haven't seen in a long time from this team. The Niners lost on a fluke play that had broken down. Favre even admitted later he knew he was about to be hit so he just threw it as hard as he could.

And P.S. this is a 49ers "Fan" Forum. Fan comes from the word "fanatic". If you are surprised that there are people here who still support this team because we lost, well you must not know what it is like to be a real fan.

Great post. Your a fan no matter what. 0-16, 2-14, or superbowl champions. No matter what the record is I'll never stop rooting for my team.
How can you love a team that loses? This team is pathetic. They beat two really bad teams, and lost to another really bad team. This is the Vikings we're talking about. Please. They never do anything!

wtf, the vikings are a really good team. i said it before, we're going to lose the games against the teams that have great defenses. they never do anything? they were in the playoffs last year! ...and now with favre, they're expected to make that next step.

how can i love a team that loses? i'm a fan.
yes, it was a loss, but i think everyone saw how our team won't roll over and die. the fact that we were able to hang with a playoff team WITHOUT our best player on offense, shows that this team is not to be taken lightly.
  • titan
  • Veteran
For the first time in years I feel really positive about our team! I can see the difference even with a loss yesterday. There's alot of areas we need to improve on, but with the way Singletary is coaching there is no doubt it will be corrected. I read post with people that are angry because of a loss! I know some people are used to going 16-0 and destroying everyone in the playoffs to win the Superbowl, but that is Madden Football! some of us just need to seperate video games and reality! 2-1 is a very good record, 3-0 kicking Favres A$$ would've been better! but not to worry everything will be better next week we roast Lamb's for dinner!
Originally posted by chucksteak49:

Gotta admit, I was wrong for writing this yesterday. I wrote out of frustration, as I am surrounded by Cowboy fans & hear about every Niner loss from those losers. I DO love this team & have been a huge fan through these bad years. I still am not impressed with the Vikes. They barely beat Cleveland & Detroit, but i do think this 49er team is real good.
[ Edited by grizzlyadams on Sep 28, 2009 at 7:18 AM ]
I love this team to we are going to be special just watch!!!!
I don't care if it is a loss. Its a freakish loss, reminds me of the AZ games last year when we just came up short.

We are a tough team. This year is different.
Originally posted by Eastcoast49er:

Nice repost 30 mins later. We all saw your post
After two weeks, what's everyone think? Lots of story lines thus far.....

Any other ones to add?
[ Edited by bergy07 on Sep 28, 2009 at 7:54 AM ]
Favre : "I think everyone has realized how good of a team the 49ers are."

but I am not a "moral victory" kind of guy...

we should be 3-0.

I'm over it. Rams next.
Originally posted by titan:
For the first time in years I feel really positive about our team! I can see the difference even with a loss yesterday. There's alot of areas we need to improve on, but with the way Singletary is coaching there is no doubt it will be corrected. I read post with people that are angry because of a loss! I know some people are used to going 16-0 and destroying everyone in the playoffs to win the Superbowl, but that is Madden Football! some of us just need to seperate video games and reality! 2-1 is a very good record, 3-0 kicking Favres A$$ would've been better! but not to worry everything will be better next week we roast Lamb's for dinner!

People aren't angry about the loss persay, but rather what led to it.

We were wining based on our D taking it to the Vik's and then just when we have the game in hand we go prevent and allow father time to march the field on us?

We have the ball with less then 2 minutes to play and we run the shortest distance possible to try to run out the clock? How about some sweeps or tosses to the outside? 2 sweeps that extend the play a bit longer could have taken an extra 4-6 seconds off that clock which results in a win.

This loss reminds me of the Arizona loss last season when at the end of the game, the play calling went in the crapper. At the time I blamed it on Martz, now i'm not so sure.
Originally posted by luis1985:
Originally posted by a24hrdad:

I love this team regardless if it wins or looses. I have stuck with this team my entire life through good seasons and bad. I don't drop them because of one loss.

The two teams you are downing are our division rivals that most analysts had us loosing to. We beat our division rivals and we are in the playoffs.

This team is far from pathetic, we have heart, passion and fight, something I haven't seen in a long time from this team. The Niners lost on a fluke play that had broken down. Favre even admitted later he knew he was about to be hit so he just threw it as hard as he could.

And P.S. this is a 49ers "Fan" Forum. Fan comes from the word "fanatic". If you are surprised that there are people here who still support this team because we lost, well you must not know what it is like to be a real fan.

Great post. Your a fan no matter what. 0-16, 2-14, or superbowl champions. No matter what the record is I'll never stop rooting for my team.

cue Michael Jackson "I just can't stop loving you." song.
defense is a good surprise
Originally posted by verb1der:
Favre : "I think everyone has realized how good of a team the 49ers are."

but I am not a "moral victory" kind of guy...

we should be 3-0.

I'm over it. Rams next.

Yep,

We win some we lose some. The Mini Vikings got one over on us on a good play to seal the game. We could have and should have won; but, we didn't. On to the next...
all of the above and VD is unleashed !