LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 369 users in the forums

When a Loss is a Win

Shop Find 49ers gear online
f**kin' A. That was a tough loss to take, but we're for real, and that's MUCH more important than one game.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
s**t man my fatass had to run on the treadmill after that game so I could take a nap. 3 hours later I feel a lot better. It hurt alot thoough. We played our asses off. You cannot blame RAY or GORE or anyone we played our fking hearts out. To the rest of the season lets go niners!!
The mouth, Deon Sanders just said on NFL Network that "Yeah, you can give credit to Bret Favre but what about giving credit to SF, Sing, Hill and VD. The Niners hung in there without converting one single 3rd down. The Niners are for real"

Who said we'd get no Props today after a loss.
Originally posted by doodle:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
to be honest, I think everyone will be reassessing just how much of a Superbowl contender Minn. is in the coming weeks. We manhandled them all day; our inept offense kept us from blowing them out. On top of that, they struggled against Cleveland and Detroit.

Take away AP, and Minn. isnt as good as everyone thinks.

Take away Favre, and that is definitely a loss for them. We did this without Gore, against a team that could very well be superbowl contenders, I hope the niners grow much more from this.

Here's to 3-1 going into the bye!

I agree, but we'll be 4-1 going into the bye hopefully with a healthy Gore going into week 7
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
This team is headed in the right direction...but we are still a player or two from being a serious playoff team. I do think we have a shot to make the playoffs but next year with 2 1st rd picks and maybe a big FA signing and I think we are competing for the superbowl.

I would spend the first 4 picks beefing up both o & d lines.
Originally posted by doodle:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
to be honest, I think everyone will be reassessing just how much of a Superbowl contender Minn. is in the coming weeks. We manhandled them all day; our inept offense kept us from blowing them out. On top of that, they struggled against Cleveland and Detroit.

Take away AP, and Minn. isnt as good as everyone thinks.

Take away Favre, and that is definitely a loss for them. We did this without Gore, against a team that could very well be superbowl contenders, I hope the niners grow much more from this.

Here's to 3-1 going into the bye!

bye week is after week 5..hopefully 4-1
Man lov for our team!lol
WooooooHoooooooo!!!!!! NOLAN is GONE!!!!!!!!!!
i definitely needed this thread, thx man.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

Helps put things in proper perspective, huh?

Yup. Gotta love the whole attitude, chemistry and leadership thing that's goin' on within our team. Crushing loss today. Crushing. Damn Favre...again. But, hey, I do agree with Coach Sing in that we needed to lose a stinger like this to learn how to close out these close games. Might as well lose to the best. Woulda sucked even worse if it hadda been Kurt Warner, etc. I look around the league and see complete hopelessness in teams like Cleveland, Tampa Bay, Washington, etc. Man, sucks to be them. We're playing our arses off every week and we believe we can and SHOULD win every dang week.

Love me some 9ers, baby!!!
Thanks for the positive thread. I agree that, although my children learned some new words after Favre's TD pass, this game was indeed an indicator that we can play with the best. Even after losing our best player, we hung in there and made plays when necessary. The loss was surprising based on a fluke TD with little time remaining, and our GAMEPLAN kept us in it instead of causing us to lose. I love the new approach and the way our players are giving everything they have. The sky is the limit with these guys, and next weeks the Lambs will feel the pain of our loss today. GO NINERS!!!
I'm just glad were back. Under Nolan that would have been 30 to 13 Vikes. Lets go NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

Helps put things in proper perspective, huh?

yeah man, crushing loss but it was a great game and helped to prove to me that we're for real now, the nolan era is gone forever
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
The mouth, Deon Sanders just said on NFL Network that "Yeah, you can give credit to Bret Favre but what about giving credit to SF, Sing, Hill and VD. The Niners hung in there without converting one single 3rd down. The Niners are for real"

Who said we'd get no Props today after a loss.

That's what I'm talking about!!! Woot!! *High-Fives!* *Chest-Bump!*

Share 49ersWebzone