There are 181 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Defensive post-game analysis (@ Minn)

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
should of blitzed at least one extra man. Let them have the underneath short stuff, who cares. Just cover the end zone!

yeah i thought it was a bummer that the reciever ended up behind roman. but then again, favre had all day to throw on that last one.
i think favre made a throw no one else could make and Lewis caught a pass he had no business catching. It was an awesome play.

Let it go, its only week 3. There are much tougher games coming up you can complain about.
Manny played very well yesterday..I know lots of people around here judge Manny only by the number of sacks he gets. He has a much better all around game than Harralson who has zero sacks yesterday also.

I know we are all bummed out about the loss yesterday, but don't try to hang it around Manny's neck.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
I noticed this too, It looked like he was just jogging. If he was going at 110% he would have gotten a sack with ease.

I also seen it during the replay.

It looked like when he got pushed, it slowed him down but when he realized favre still had the ball he put it in second gear. You can really notice the change in speed.

I still think he had a great game and has really improved his play from last year.
Originally posted by NorCal49er:
Originally posted by MadMartz:
I noticed this too, It looked like he was just jogging. If he was going at 110% he would have gotten a sack with ease.

I also seen it during the replay.

It looked like when he got pushed, it slowed him down but when he realized favre still had the ball he put it in second gear. You can really notice the change in speed.

I still think he had a great game and has really improved his play from last year.

i agree. every time they stretch a run on his side, he usually beasts his blocker right into the running backs path
I hope manny gets his first sack of the season this week vs st louis.
F**k Roman and Kewis!! maybe goldson because he missed to tackle that i saw it.. that 49ers got hurt and bad effect them team.. three guys are f**k too slow to read them the play. I wanna fire Roman and kewis also probably goldson too! damn damn hurt me that enough finnish! Cut cut them three now please!!
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
F**k Roman and Kewis!! maybe goldson because he missed to tackle that i saw it.. that 49ers got hurt and bad effect them team.. three guys are f**k too slow to read them the play. I wanna fire Roman and kewis also probably goldson too! damn damn hurt me that enough finnish! Cut cut them three now please!!

Ban this guy please. Thank you
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Ban this guy please. Thank you

ditto. lol
Trent green just broke down that play

It wasnt Romans fault

they were playing quarters and Romans side of the field was covered.

Lewis ran in behind goldson, and roman saw him at the last second.

Also, what Trent Green pointed out was that Favres moving around in the pocket, kept the other 49ers defenders from moving around (and looking behind them).

That play was classic favre (and a little bit of bad defense)
have we allowed a rushing touchdown on d?

how many times has our d been in the redzone? seems like a few times
Originally posted by teeohh:
have we allowed a rushing touchdown on d?

how many times has our d been in the redzone? seems like a few times

We are in the top 4 in the NFL rushing D wise. 24th passing which drags us down. Favre's game really killed our stats lol. I can't wait till next week. It helps Gore but I always liked having the bye weeks later when everyone is a bit more banged up.

Go Niners!!
Originally posted by kujon11:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
should of blitzed at least one extra man. Let them have the underneath short stuff, who cares. Just cover the end zone!

yeah i thought it was a bummer that the reciever ended up behind roman. but then again, favre had all day to throw on that last one.

He had at least 6 seconds to throw the ball