There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Defensive post-game analysis (@ Minn)

this game really f**ked up our passing D rankings

Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea as wack and conservative as the offense got this goes on the defense and that final play. Just unacceptable all around.

True, but in they're defense our O didn't give them time to rest thx to Raye
Originally posted by mryan1004:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
So ummm yah, we do need to draft Eric Berry.

Yeah, having a FS who can actually make plays wouldn't hurt.

Draft Eric Berry, he will change our defense overnight.....100% guaranteed!!!

As will Taylor Mays!!!

Taylor Mays is the second coming of Roy Williams. All he does is hit and can't cover. No thanks.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

As will Taylor Mays!!!

Taylor Mays is the second coming of Roy Williams. All he does is hit and can't cover. No thanks.

please no taylor mays talk, should be all berry talk
Originally posted by NCommand:
****Breaking News****

Suicide rate hits all-time high in San Francisco.

Random thoughts amid my shock...

Manusky & defense:

Lawson, 2 great plays at the end but again, like the last throw by Favre, too little, too late. Time to get Brooks worked in as he's better against the run, diagnosis plays quicker and can actually pass rush (bull rush or speed rush)

Lawson has been great against the run. He was blowing up blockers on the line of scrimmage and pushing them back behind the line of scrimmage. More than one occasion, he prevented the blocker from establishing the corner (where AP can run around) and pushed the play back into the pursuit. He had at least two tackles on AP one-on-one.

And how can you say that Brooks is better than Lawson? Please.... From the three (THREE!!!) plays of scrimmage that Brooks played?

On that play that he got the tackle on the reverse, his job was to hold the edge, which he did. But he didn't engage any blocker, then disengage the blocker, and then make the tackle on a ball carrier like Lawson did. Lawson is still better than Brooks, and everyone knows that.
[ Edited by DarthNiner on Sep 27, 2009 at 9:58 PM ]
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

As will Taylor Mays!!!

please no taylor mays talk, should be all berry talk

Just know people our D is for real. Seeing how bad our O was this game they did good. Yeah Roman gave up 2 Big plays. Still couldnt figure out how he fell but he did have a nice hit on Farve The Run D is real good
I wonder why we didn't blitz during that last minute of the game to put some pressure.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
It's hilarious how everyone is calling for Eric Berry. The 49ers had what, 1 sack on 45 pass attempts. The same problem with the inconsistent pass rush persists. That's what is holding this defense back from being elite. I think yesterday's game would've illustrated that. Minnesota's front 7 > SF's front 7.
Roman was over the hill 2 years ago. Get his A$$ off of the field. He couldn't push the receiver out of bounds because he was beat by a step and a half. Curtis Taylor is tall, fast and young. He would have been step for step with the receiver and tall enough to knock the ball away.
we rank 14th overall, 4th in the run, 20 something in the pass i forgot
relative to the team we were up against.......this was the best 59:58 of defense we played in a long time.

Originally posted by 49ersking:
A win is a win. I think the last throw was a desperate attempt and sometimes those get caught. Our defense played well for the most part, and our special teams...man that 101yd return burnt us.
I guess there are always ifs and buts, we lost today, and hopefully that will make us a better team.
We still lead our division, so that's the good part.

• jcs
  • Veteran
Like we got rid of the wildcat...time to throw the prevent out of the playbook. This loss is directly tied to that stupid play...we let favre march down the field uncontested...what's worse we played soft and left ourselves vulnerable. Should have stuck to our base D and forced farve to beat us rather than sit back and beat ourselves.
Has anyone in the media (besides the bay area writers) said anything good about our team after yesterday? I'm afraid to watch ESPN