There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Defensive post-game analysis (@ Minn)

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT PERFORMANCE BY THE DEFENSE!!!!!!

Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by brandonjg:
Originally posted by Ang:
Please use this thread for post-game analysis of the defense as a whole, and/or individual players.

Be advised that relevant threads may be merged into this one at the discretion of the moderating staff.

Who gave up that winning td? Who blew coverage?

Bly should have picked that ball off.

Roman gave that up, fail!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Blitz:
I see Roman still has some Nowin in him. Classic Nowin regime play on his part. I can't wait for the day when he is no longer needed on this team.

hopefully with the panther's pick we can get taylor mays or eric berry!!!!
Unfortunately Dre Bly dropping that interception really killed us! And letting the receiver get out of bounds when the other team is out of timeouts is just horrible. We are moving in the right direction but have a ways to go! And I believe we will be 3-1 after next week and 3-0 in the Dvision. We are in good position we just have to continue to improve, our D is playing very well. Now our O is another question and I squarely blame it on very poor line play, the run blocking is not there! They need an O line coach like Kevin Gogan to show them what nasty really is!
[ Edited by 49ERGLENN on Sep 27, 2009 at 1:43 PM ]
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,858
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea as wack and conservative as the offense got this goes on the defense and that final play. Just unacceptable all around.

I disagree. You have to be kidding me...we just went in to a very good teams house, a dome, at 10 AM, on their season opener, overcame their advantage in both talent and all of the above I've already mentioned, all the way up until the last 2 seconds of the game.

Sorry bro, the Vikes are damn good team, and we punched them in the nose all the way until the end. How you figure that is "unacceptable all around" is beyond me. Give some f**king credit to the Vikings will ya, they are a damn good team.
Originally posted by 49ERGLENN:
Unfortunately Dre Bly dropping that interception really killed us! And letting the receiver get out of bounds when the other team is out of timeouts is just horrible. We are moving in the right direction but have a ways to go! And I believe we will be 3-1 after next week and 3-0 in the Dvision. We are in good position we just have to continue to improve, our is playing very well. Now our O is another question and I squarely blame it on very poor line play, the run blocking is not there! They need an O line coach like Kevin Gogan to show them what nasty really is!

It hurt when I rewound that last touchdown, and noticed Roman was on the missed coverage.... so bad... oh, so bad....
Originally posted by mryan1004:
Originally posted by Blitz:
I see Roman still has some Nowin in him. Classic Nowin regime play on his part. I can't wait for the day when he is no longer needed on this team.

hopefully with the panther's pick we can get taylor mays or eric berry!!!!

reggie smith wouldve been good.
i'd rather get torn apart all game than lose like that, im torn!
Originally posted by 49ERGLENN:
Unfortunately Dre Bly dropping that interception really killed us! And letting the receiver get out of bounds when the other team is out of timeouts is just horrible. We are moving in the right direction but have a ways to go! And I believe we will be 3-1 after next week and 3-0 in the Dvision. We are in good position we just have to continue to improve, our D is playing very well. Now our O is another question and I squarely blame it on very poor line play, the run blocking is not there! They need an O line coach like Kevin Gogan to show them what nasty really is!

it wasn't a complete drop, he fought for it with harvin... it was still a nice play on his part. And sure, the O-line looked bad, but this is probably as bad as it gets, against a nasty vikings d-line at the ultraloud metrodome.
they couldn't finish out when they needed to, but overall i'm proud they had a good game, just not enough in the end, roman should have pushed him out of bounds

and if only bly would have got that interception, would have been for 6

we will be 3-1 next week
He lost us this game. All he had to do was break down and harass Favre so he'd be unable to throw the football but instead he tried to spear him only to let Favre step to the side and buy a seemingly 3 second wait before he threw the ball. I'm also not sure why Roman didn't try pushing Lewis out the back of the endzone but thats a whole other thread.
they played a good game but that last play call was horrible. they shouldve rushed the three down linemen only and had lawson in the endzone to defend against a pass. he's tall and he can jump and pass defending is one of the best aspects of his game. damn this loss hurt. the rams are gonna get f**ked next weekend!!!
i about kicked my tv when i saw roman was on coverage...man we coulda been 4-0 after next week.
How about that taunting call? Are the refs best buddies with the vikings?
Originally posted by Mospeed:
He lost us this game. All he had to do was break down and harass Favre so he'd be unable to throw the football but instead he tried to spear him only to let Favre step to the side and buy a seemingly 3 second wait before he threw the ball. I'm also not sure why Roman didn't try pushing Lewis out the back of the endzone but thats a whole other thread.

you got to be f**king kidding me.

Justin is a beast.