Not a member? Register Now!

Offensive post-game analysis (@ Minn)

Originally posted by AZ9er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49er4life:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
This loss is all on Jimmy Raye...

I agree. His play calling is soooooo freaking predictable...... it pisses me off.

When Raye lets Hill throw the ball, we score touchdowns. But for some reason Raye doesn't let Hill throw the ball...

Also try a play action on first down...

I understand, you have to run the ball to keep defenses honest, but dammit that last drive was frickin ridiculous. A play-action for a 7 yard pass was all it would've took to seal the deal......frickin Jimmy Raye!!!

I totally agree, Jimmy Raye, sucks ass. Everyone in America knew we were going to run, call a play-action pass please.

BUT, some positives.

VD is finally being used as an offensive weapon and is holding on to the ball, no more Stone Hands.

Hill, has shown some unbelievable poise, and can make plays when given a chance, does not make many mistakes.

Norris is a beast, so glad we got him back.

If Gore can't go! I think we are okay with Coffee, he really seemed to settle down in the 3rd quarter and pulled off some solid runs against a stout defense.

WR are very under utilized but are solid in run support and when thrown to are sure handed.

I like the poise of the team overall, the have and look and feel of confidence that I have not seen in a long time. Coaches just need to get more assertive and find that killer instinct. But this is a solid team, offense, defense and special teams.

Go Niners!!!!

You go 0 for on 3rd downs I'm sorry but that is not solid.It seems with Hill when he does get going or they open it up he does fairly well when the protection is there.Playcalling has alot to do with that.If they could ever come close to being solid they will no doubt win alot of games with the defense they have.

GO NINERS
Anyone got the stat of how many of those third downs were runs?
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Free Shaun

Shaun will never be free when this is the blocking mechanism.
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Free Shaun

this
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by 49ERGUY:
The offensive line can't run block when we need to ...... the offensive cordinator can't see that ....... and unless Singletary changes this ...... his fingerprints are all over this.

3rd downs 3rd downs 3rd downs 3rd downs 3rd downs 3rd downs 3rd downs 3rd downs

It's a very very disappointing loss but I walk away from this game knowing that our players can play well against any of the good teams.

Yep -

3rd downs. I've been saying this forever. 3rd downs. It all comes down to 3rd down conversion and that's the difference in the game. Going three and out and giving the ball back to Brett Favre is like throwing a pick.

I HATE This OL. HATE!!!!

Not a more truer statement written it is all about 3rd down conversations and winning the take away/give away battle.

Considering where we were on the field our last offensive series, who our punter is and who the Vikings QB is we should have thrown a short pass to VD on first down. VD was having a great game if the pass is complete he picks up minimum 4-6 yards. 2nd and 3rd down I go to the run get them to burn up time outs but if VD has gotten us some yards then we probably get a first down. Everyone watching knew Raye was going to hand the ball off 3 times just pure stupidity big deal they use up there time outs but you leave Brett (niner killer) Farve with 1:40 man that is a lot of time for that b*****d.

This loss is on Raye. Hill had great pass to VD for his TD we have to open things up especially if Coffee is going to be playing more due to Gore ankle.
I vote for Shaun Hill as our new offensive coordinator.

Not kidding either.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
I vote for Shaun Hill as our new offensive coordinator.

Not kidding either.

Bring back Hostler, he can't be any worse
David Baas had another bad game. I think he was credited with a takle on coffee. If he didn't he should have. Baas was beat, so he chased the defender and hit coffee at the LOS. It didn't stop there, Baas actually pushed coffee pretty hard to the ground. I think Baas had his eyes closed on that one.

Pashos might take over for snyder but wragge might take over for baas by the end of the year.
Way too conservative!!!!!!!!!!
Just one 1st down - that is all the Niners needed to win the Minn game. On the Niners last possession - on 3rd down why couldn't they play action pass - and allow Hill to try to pick up the 1st down with a throw? If the throw was there then throw it - if not just keep it - The Vikings defense was only ready to stop the run on all of the last 3 plays - they were not in position to stop a short pass.

Just one 1st down would have sealed the deal.
same thing happened at Arizona, week one. We get one first down, we win taking a knee. Instead, we let them stay in the game by going 3 and out. Minnesota did not respect our passing game which is why they run blitz'd us on just about every play. Once we let Shaun start taking some shots, we moved the ball. I agree that we should of at least taken one shot at a passing play on our final drive. VD was tearing it up after all.
the win was actually on our hand. u cant believe we just lost like that
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
same thing happened at Arizona, week one. We get one first down, we win taking a knee. Instead, we let them stay in the game by going 3 and out. Minnesota did not respect our passing game which is why they run blitz'd us on just about every play. Once we let Shaun start taking some shots, we moved the ball. I agree that we should of at least taken one shot at a passing play on our final drive. VD was tearing it up after all.

Agreed. Hill was starting to get in the groove in the second half and I was confident he could have completed a 6 yard pass. If our WR core has proven anything is that they are usually pretty clutch on 3rd downs. Not so much today...
Originally posted by dorkasaurus_rex:
the win was actually on our hand. u cant believe we just lost like that
a p***y o-line thats done nothing all year.

how many games does sing have to watch to realized this o-line is not a smash mouth line.