LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Offensive post-game analysis (@ Minn)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Its not so much that Raye is one dimensional. If Gore is in there,than it possibly works SOME of the time. But this guys in ability to be flexible with the gameplan is gonna kill the defense and thats why these guys lost. Defense was tired and it showed up after playing 59:53 of decent football. And lets also add Goldson and Roman to that
"F- YOU WALL" too. Greg Lewis???????? Yeah. Greg Lewis.
We couldn't even convert 1 third down. I can't beleive we lost that. I just forced myself to watch that play.

I thought we had the game in the bag on that Bly pass defense. We had the ball on the 50 yard line with less then 2 min.

We totaled 4 yards and punted the ball away.

Then we lose. f**kKKK I WANT TO KILL MYSELF
Originally posted by skylynx05:
Someone has to take the reigns of that offense with under 2 minutes to go in the game... 1:49 to be exact. 3 straight running plays up the gut.

We run off exactly 13 seconds and punt.

Someone has to realize that the defense has 3 timeouts to use. Mix in a screen pass or a something.

Yikes!

really though
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
I've been one of the few who hasn't been calling for Raye's head the last couple of weeks, but that toss play on our last drive where Coffee almost completely coughs the ball up? Toss play? TOSS F UCKING PLAY!

I don't think that was the called play, I think that was improvisation by Hill becuase the O Line didn't block and let the Vikings D line in on him before he could set up to try and find a receiver. Coffeee looked surprised when the ball came to him and he almost dropped it! I could be wrong but that's the way it looked to me?
S. Hill Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int Rating
_______15__25_195_60_7.8_1___ 7__2__1__94.6

Yet Shaun win the game Jimmy.
Singletary tells team, "We'll see them again in the playoffs"

Matt Maiocco twitter

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Singletary tells team, "We'll see them again in the playoffs"

Matt Maiocco twitter

No should put playoffs and 49ers on the same sentence until we are actually there.
  • ForeverYoung08
  • Info N/A
The more things change the more they stay the same. I hate the conservative gameplan this team always lives and dies with. I understand they don't wanna expose Hill anymore than they have to, but when you have a chance to put this game out of reach I really would prefer to go for the jugular on that 3rd down with under 2 minutes left.

HOWEVER...that being said, this loss is not on Raye. He lost his starting running back for essentially the entire game and the gameplan was to leave it up to our strongest part of the team (our defense) to win it for us. They blew it. Allowing anyone to get open in the end zone under any circumstances is just 100% unacceptable. The defense let us down in the final series, no excuses.

Not to mention, Dre Bly had a pick 6 on that 4th down that he just dropped...tons of blown opportunities that killed us in this game.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by skylynx05:
Someone has to take the reigns of that offense with under 2 minutes to go in the game... 1:49 to be exact. 3 straight running plays up the gut.

We run off exactly 13 seconds and punt.

Someone has to realize that the defense has 3 timeouts to use. Mix in a screen pass or a something.

Yikes!

really though

Even Martz wouldn't have screwed up this bad.

Taser to the rescue!
Originally posted by 49ERGLENN:
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
I've been one of the few who hasn't been calling for Raye's head the last couple of weeks, but that toss play on our last drive where Coffee almost completely coughs the ball up? Toss play? TOSS F UCKING PLAY!

I don't think that was the called play, I think that was improvisation by Hill becuase the O Line didn't block and let the Vikings D line in on him before he could set up to try and find a receiver. Coffeee looked surprised when the ball came to him and he almost dropped it! I could be wrong but that's the way it looked to me?

Thanks, that gives me a little reassurance....

The whole offseason it was about being able to RUN the ball WHEN we NEED to - to put games away. Yet at the end of all three games now, we can't run to save our lives. And yet, no play action, no screens, nothing!

I don't think losing Gore made that big a difference - Coffee did just fine.

I am sick to my stomach at this loss. A win here could have "set the table" for the remainder of the season. Pulled away from division foes, and given the team a huge boost in confidence. Instead, we haven't separated ourselves much from previous years -- same lame offensive play calling.

HOWEVER, Hill and VD deserve props in this game. Hill did a nice job delivering the ball despite pressure; and VD did a great job holding onto the ball through big hits. That part was good.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
to quote Dennis Green........WE LET THEM OFF THE HOOK!

GOD DAMN!

Well at least we were leading in the last seconds without our best offensive player and in spite of the horrible play calling.

We're on the right track, but we should be 3-0 right now.
The offensive line can't run block when we need to ...... the offensive cordinator can't see that ....... and unless Singletary changes this ...... his fingerprints are all over this.

3rd downs 3rd downs 3rd downs 3rd downs 3rd downs 3rd downs 3rd downs 3rd downs

It's a very very disappointing loss but I walk away from this game knowing that our players can play well against any of the good teams.
I cant blame the D at al on this one...they played great today...our issues seem to be at the end of halves....we go to the prevent and they score...

the playcalling on the final drive was unacceptable....there can be no excuses for 3 runs up the gut.... we are playing not to lose....

Horrible way to end a game.....
Share 49ersWebzone