There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Offensive post-game analysis (@ Minn)

we should pass more, hill can get the job done
Originally posted by 49ERGUY:
The offensive line can't run block when we need to ...... the offensive cordinator can't see that ....... and unless Singletary changes this ...... his fingerprints are all over this.

3rd downs 3rd downs 3rd downs 3rd downs 3rd downs 3rd downs 3rd downs 3rd downs

It's a very very disappointing loss but I walk away from this game knowing that our players can play well against any of the good teams.

Yep -

3rd downs. I've been saying this forever. 3rd downs. It all comes down to 3rd down conversion and that's the difference in the game. Going three and out and giving the ball back to Brett Favre is like throwing a pick.

I HATE This OL. HATE!!!!
Pathetic offense. Can't move the ball. Can't convert 3rd downs. Can't score. 2007 all over again!
Originally posted by teeohh:

he certainly can. the pass blocking is our weakest link right now. Then again, we were playing a great defense and we adjusted pretty well to it.
what to say but F words to let go the emotions and the hate
we let AZ and seattle stay close late in the game did the same with Minn escaped with two wins not a third
We just learned that we don't have the ravens D to overcome a poor offense (sorry rephrase : a poor play caller) and win the SB
If coach sing doesn't see that and ask for a more balanced attack we will not go playoffs
No teams can be so stubborn with the run and win in the long run
My only hope is that sing awakes before it's too late but i'm afraid only losses will finaly have an impact. Else sing is another Nolan and he's doomed with Raye.
The only reason we stayed in the game is 1) special team play to end the first half 2) great effort by the D but the last FVKING play with both defenders looking for the ball instead of jumping and batting it down
Remember it's not about the other team it's about ourselves
Once again when we had to deliver a drive to take the lead inn the fourth we did it and most of all Hill did it
YES he can carry us on his shoulder with a good running game and play calling
wow, Glen Coffee said he wasnt ready for this game

• AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Link please
What absolutely drove me nuts was that raye called that running play where Morgan lines up sideways at the line of scrimmage 10 times. Not once did we use playaction out of it. Instead we told the defense we were running. I cannot believe that this happened so many times. We ran maybe 3 times that wasn't just straight up the middle. I've never been so pissed off watching this offense. Why does raye let Hill throw only in the 4th quarter? Get him in a groove early and often and that will open up the f**king running game. Raye is horrible and he will be the reason we fail in the long run. 0-11 on 3rd down? Run on 3rd and long and pass on 3rd and 1. I think we ran on first down for like 4 consecutive series. COME ON.

I truly believe that playcalling will ruin our chances to win the division becUse if we go 0-11 on 3rd downs our defense will eventually get tired and possibly hurt. Playing to hold the lead barely worked in week 1 and failed today. Raye needs to grow a pair of nuts and open up the playbook from play 1

He always has they need to put more faith in him!
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
What absolutely drove me nuts was that raye called that running play where Morgan lines up sideways at the line of scrimmage 10 times. Not once did we use playaction out of it. Instead we told the defense we were running. I cannot believe that this happened so many times. We ran maybe 3 times that wasn't just straight up the middle. I've never been so pissed off watching this offense. Why does raye let Hill throw only in the 4th quarter? Get him in a groove early and often and that will open up the f**king running game. Raye is horrible and he will be the reason we fail in the long run. 0-11 on 3rd down? Run on 3rd and long and pass on 3rd and 1. I think we ran on first down for like 4 consecutive series. COME ON.

I truly believe that playcalling will ruin our chances to win the division becUse if we go 0-11 on 3rd downs our defense will eventually get tired and possibly hurt. Playing to hold the lead barely worked in week 1 and failed today. Raye needs to grow a pair of nuts and open up the playbook from play 1

+1
****Breaking News****

Suicide rate hits all-time high in San Francisco.

Random thoughts amid my shock...

Manusky & defense:
Roman...Jesus Christ...how?...why?...should be on the waiver wire tomorrow (nice blitz though)
Goldson, great game but why were you trailing ROMAN 5 yards behind the WR?
Spencer awesome game all around (thank Goldson for that tip)
Clements, gave up a TD with Willis
Willis, horrible day in coverage today...horrible. Not used to blitz again and great in tackle stats
Brooks, phenomenal play...too bad Manusky only used you for three plays! (8 yard loss, pass defended, good pressures...bench!) WTF?
Lawson, 2 great plays at the end but again, like the last throw by Favre, too little, too late. Time to get Brooks worked in as he's better against the run, diagnosis plays quicker and can actually pass rush (bull rush or speed rush)
Spikes, great game
Haralson, decent pressure today, did good job of containing the edge
Balmer, looked solid
Sopoaga & Franklin, best games over their careers! Sopoaga has become the LDE I thought he could become - Franklin is surprising me and both just need to be consistent but they are gaining confidence
Smith, outstanding today
McDonald, may be his best game as a Niner and is becoming quite a weapon!
D-line, wow, fantastic day against an inspired Peterson...beat up Peterson/Favre all day
Blitz, liked the CB/Safety blitzes! Finally. Played prevent-a-win at the end. I liked the initial game-plan of MAKING Favre beat you and mixing it up when he did beat us. Favre would have retired tomorrow if not for that last throw...he'll be sore tomorrow (see, pain killer addictions)
Bly, nice play but you catch that and take that to the house, the game is over
Team defense, needs to work on covering RB's out of the backfield (and short, WR crossing routes)

Raye & offense:
Raye opened up the playbook more today (3rd week in a row) and then turtled again when it counted despite Hill showing AGAIN that he was hot and can get the job done; the guy has NO feel for the game what so ever and he NEEDS to let Hill call the game at the LOS (he's so smart); audible? Hello! I can tell you every single time when it's a run or pass and where the run is going. Imagine how easy that game is to call from the defensive coordinators perspective! I don't know if he changed his game plan at all when Gore went down
Hill, awesome game despite, what 0-11 on 3rd downs. TURN HILL LOOSE!
O-line, terrible game...every time the RB got the ball, he had to juke 5 guys to get 2 yards. Hill had constant pressure in his face all game (again). Staley, Heitmann...just got pwned. Their defense LIVED in our backfield all day and that was b/c of the play caling b/c Hill made the throws he needed too to back them out of 8-9 in the box but only when the passing plays were called
Fantastic play calling for FINALLY using Davis though and Morgan/Bruce this game
Fullbacks, great games again today
Gore? You were out there in spirit and Coffee played his heart out but when your entire offense is centered around one guy, that's not smart at all

Special Teams:
McDonald was awesome today on ST's and QB pressures and Clements owes you a game ball
Then we give up a TD...what a wash!

Environment:
First series on offense the refs didn't call 2 off-sides by the defense along with some additional piss poor calls (Spencer, Smith). MN is a tough place to play and we took their crowd out often

Perspective:
This was a game we were supposed to loose and should have won. I think we learned a lot about the MOXY of this team that seems to be held back by poor coaching decisions and a "you play the game...not to lose"-perspecive. We generally get crushed on away-games esp. 10:AM PST games. Moxy would be a great word to describe this team today and THAT is encouraging given we lost Gore, both LT & LG and spotted them 10 points

Suicide:
Now that I'm done writing this, I'm doing it!
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 27, 2009 at 2:37 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
****Breaking News****

Suicide rate hits all-time high in San Francisco.

Random thoughts amid my shock...

Manusky & defense:
Roman...Jesus Christ...how?...why?...should be on the waiver wire tomorrow (nice blitz though)
Goldson, great game but why were you trailing ROMAN 5 yards behind the WR?
Spencer awesome game all around (thank Goldson for that tip)
Clements, gave up a TD with Willis
Willis, horrible day in coverage today...horrible. Not used to blitz again and great in tackle stats
Brooks, phenomenal play...too bad Manusky only used you for three plays! (8 yard loss, pass defended, good pressures...bench!) WTF?
Lawson, 2 great plays at the end but again, like the last throw by Favre, too little, too late. Time to get Brooks worked in as he's better against the run, diagnosis plays quicker and can actually pass rush (bull rush or speed rush)
Spikes, great game
Haralson, decent pressure today, did good job of containing the edge
Balmer, looked solid
Sopoaga & Franklin, best games over their careers! Sopoaga has become the LDE I thought he could become - Franklin is surprising me and both just need to be consistent but they are gaining confidence
Smith, outstanding today
McDonald, may be his best game as a Niner and is becoming quite a weapon!
D-line, wow, fantastic day against an inspired Peterson...beat up Peterson/Favre all day
Blitz, liked the CB/Safety blitzes! Finally. Played prevent-a-win at the end. I liked the initial game-plan of MAKING Favre beat you and mixing it up when he did beat us. Favre would have retired tomorrow if not for that last throw...he'll be sore tomorrow (see, pain killer addictions)
Team defense, needs to work on covering RB's out of the backfield (and short, WR crossing routes)

Raye & offense:
Raye opened up the playbook more today (3rd week in a row) and then turtled again when it counted despite Hill showing AGAIN that he was hot and can get the job done; the guy has NO feel for the game what so ever and he NEEDS to let Hill call the game at the LOS (he's so smart); audible? Hello! I can tell you every single time when it's a run or pass and where the run is going. Imagine how easy that game is to call from the defensive coordinators perspective! I don't know if he changed his game plan at all when Gore went down
Hill, awesome game despite, what 0-11 on 3rd downs. TURN HILL LOOSE!
O-line, terrible game...every time the RB got the ball, he had to juke 5 guys to get 2 yards. Hill had constant pressure in his face all game (again). Staley, Heitmann...just got pwned. Their defense LIVED in our backfield all day and that was b/c of the play caling b/c Hill made the throws he needed too to back them out of 8-9 in the box but only when the passing plays were called
Fantastic play calling for FINALLY using Davis though and Morgan/Bruce this game
Fullbacks, great games again today
Gore? You were out there in spirit and Coffee played his heart out but when your entire offense is centered around one guy, that's not smart at all

Special Teams:
McDonald was awesome today on ST's and QB pressures and Clements owes you a game ball
Then we give up a TD...what a wash!

Environment:
First series on offense the refs didn't call 2 off-sides by the defense along with some additional piss poor calls (Spencer, Smith). MN is a tough place to play and we took their crowd out often

Perspective:
This was a game we were supposed to loose and should have won. I think we learned a lot about the MOXY of this team that seems to be held back by poor coaching decisions and a "you play the game...not to lose"-perspecive. We generally get crushed on away-games esp. 10:AM PST games. Moxy would be a great word to describe this team today and THAT is encouraging given we lost Gore, both LT & LG and spotted them 10 points

Suicide:
Now that I'm done writing this, I'm doing it!

i like your analysis with some irony
what else to say ?

pathetic

pathetic

If that's true, that's on the coaches esp. when you KNOW your starter is hurt!
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Free Shaun