LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

49ers accuse Jets of Tampering *Updated*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lame! If true, the Jets need to be punished... There has to be more at work than just "we have our guy".
Originally posted by TheChozen:
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/11/49ers-drop-tampering-charge-against-jets.html

Jets get away with cheating again.

This really sucks!
  • Mex49
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by luis1985:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
MattMaiocco

The 49ers have dropped the tampering charge against the N.Y. Jets, a club source said.

MattMaiocco

The 49ers have their guy, Michael Crabtree, and have decided not to pursue the matter any further with the NFL office.

At least the Jets season is rotting away.

puzzies

i wonder if they still want to play us now!

If I was any team I would want to play us. It almost a for sure win for them
I remembered this PFT piece back when the subject came up:

Quote:
Bottom line? The 49ers should be livid about this situation. If they're not, then they need to get out of the football business and open a chain of flower shops, or something.
LINK

So, I guess it's official: the team tha "hits people in the mouth" has become a big flower shop.
  • Mex49
Why would you drop it? Let the NFL tell us we had nothing on them, but why give up.

Never mind, I just remembered even our front office sucks
  • B650
  • Veteran
^^

Maybe they know they have nothing and don't want to get punished or looked down upon.
Outrageous. I'm real disappointed that the Jets are getting away with this.
  • Mex49
^^

Maybe they know they have nothing and don't want to get punished or looked down upon.

At 4-6 I dont think anybody is looking up to us
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mex49:
^^

At 4-6 I dont think anybody is looking up to us

It would be even worse if they were found innocent though.
But if there only proof was Deion running off at the mouth then they had no shot. I wold like to know what type of proof the front office believed they had. But if the Niners gave up on the charges then maybe they didn't have any evidence, and this was just a move to keep other teams from Crabs and get him signed.

this makes me sick!
If the 49ers dont get docked a pick

then to me it means the league doesnt want this to leak (teams tampering with draft picks) and the Jets did indeed tamper with Crabtree.

Could have sworn the rules for filing [false] tampering charges and nothing happing should have resulted in the 49ers getting fined/ docked.
I see no upside to not seeing this process out. Especially when we were victims of VERY benign "tampering" charges ourselves. If this was for "the good of the league" then how the hell wasn't the "good of the league" served when we got hit for draft picks?

The worst case scenario is that the league decides that there was no wrong doing. So what? No harm done. At least we had our day "in court". By dropping this, we lose any chance for compensation and to address the fact that at least to SOME degree there WAS tampering with our draft pick.

At least as much, if not more, than what we got docked for with another team's free agent to be.

This is absolute horse s**t. There is not reason for us not to at least try and get something out of this. Even if we knew the charges were weak, just dumb luck or the right "jury" could have gotten us an extra late round pick and every pick is valuable.

Why not at least try? There is no upside to just quitting on the charges.
No balls, and no backbone.
This is beyond stupid! WTF! We have our guy? What about principle? What about the missed time and possibly missed game winning TDs? Oh wait, scratch that last one as we obviously are a power run team. This team is a joke, from the front office down to the mess they call an Offensive Line. Either they tampered or they didn't, the outcome has nothing to do with the charge! If the NFL was worth it's salt it would persue the charges regardless as it's in its own interest.
Share 49ersWebzone