LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 318 users in the forums

49ers accuse Jets of Tampering *Updated*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think they should put the date on the title. As to when it was last "updated"
Originally posted by ajsjohnson:
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
I am wishing that the reason Roger G. has yet to release the outcome of this claim, is because it will impact the picks of both the 49ers & Jets. It all depends on how the season plays out. It all depends on where both teams pick in the draft.

I can see Roger G. doing 1 of 2 things.

Option #1 (similar to 49ers & Bears situation)

Jets & 49ers swap 1st or 2nd rd picks. I would prefer the first round obviously. This all depends on where both teams draft. If the Jets have an earlier pick then the 49ers, I can see both teams swapping picks. This option rests heavily on the Jets picking before us. The Jets would also have to give up a mid round pick.

Option #2

Roger G. gives us 1 or more of the Jets picks in any given round. The Jets would also face other penalties (pay a fine).

My friend is a Jets fan and he follows them closely. He thinks they are guilty and owe the 49ers a high pick.

Only time will tell.

Swapping picks would most likely be bad for us as the jets will most likely have a better record....

Apparently you didn't read my post.
MattMaiocco

The 49ers have dropped the tampering charge against the N.Y. Jets, a club source said.

MattMaiocco

The 49ers have their guy, Michael Crabtree, and have decided not to pursue the matter any further with the NFL office.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
MattMaiocco

The 49ers have dropped the tampering charge against the N.Y. Jets, a club source said.

MattMaiocco

The 49ers have their guy, Michael Crabtree, and have decided not to pursue the matter any further with the NFL office.

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luis1985:
MattMaiocco

MattMaiocco

At least the Jets season is rotting away.
Originally posted by B650:
MattMaiocco

MattMaiocco

puzzies
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/11/49ers-drop-tampering-charge-against-jets.html

Jets get away with cheating again.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/11/49ers-drop-tampering-charge-against-jets.html

if they felt serious about it enough to file charges why drop them?
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by TheChozen:

if they felt serious about it enough to file charges why drop them?

"They got their guy"
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Wha the heck happened with Mark "Franchise" Sanchez? He was deemed the next great QB now he's got a 61.1 QB rating, and 16 INTs and a losing record... Id love to hear how ESPN analysts defend the Jets this time.

Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by B650:
MattMaiocco

MattMaiocco

puzzies

i wonder if they still want to play us now!
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
wow

pu55ies
The timing of this is very very strange. The conversation probably went like this:

"We found the Jets guilty of tampering but we don't want to have to dock them draft picks and have Jets fans not show up because they don't have any picks. This also really screws up the whole drafting system and we don't want to have to deal with the consequences of this.

So we decided that if you don't drop it we're going to fine you guys instead and pretend like we just made it up and wasted the leagues time. If you drop it we won't interfere with you guys trying to build a new stadium. Deal?"

Niners "Well Okay Mr. Commissioner whatever you say!"
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
The timing of this is very very strange. The conversation probably went like this:

"We found the Jets guilty of tampering but we don't want to have to dock them draft picks and have Jets fans not show up because they don't have any picks. This also really screws up the whole drafting system and we don't want to have to deal with the consequences of this.

So we decided that if you don't drop it we're going to fine you guys instead and pretend like we just made it up and wasted the leagues time. If you drop it we won't interfere with you guys trying to build a new stadium. Deal?"

Niners "Well Okay Mr. Commissioner whatever you say!"

We're freaking stupid for dropping this s**t. But we only have 2 wins since we filed the charges and we've been getting bad calls in almost every game so who knows?
  • Veteran
This what happens when bunch of amateurs running a team. They chickened out.
Share 49ersWebzone