Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are we 2-0 if Alex was starting?

Are we 2-0 if Alex was starting?

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
smith was drafted becuase of his buzz and he is a follower....

that is what nolan wanted a follower that would not challenge him but back him blindly.

nolan drafted a whole bunch of nolan guys that he could convince to buy in to his bulls**t.

that is why we are not debating wether smith is better then manning or brees or aaron rodgers.

instead we are talking about wether or not smith in year 5 can beat out shaun aint going nowere hill.

get a grip guys.....smith is not the future.

he is going to end up cut and out of the nfl in the next 16 months.

hill would not make many of the rosters as a 3rd stringer in the nfl and smith cant beat even him out.

Considering Smith hasn't played since early 2007 it's no surprise at all.Sing wanted to get a look at Smith after the sugeries and time off to see if he was ready to step up or not.He was not so he handed the job to Hill who clearly didn't out play Smith.So Shaun is the starter but it is not set in stone.Sing also got a long look at N.Davis who looked better than both of them.

If Smith was going to be cut by the 49ers they wouldn't have resigned him-SIMPLE COMPREHENSION

Smith is younger and has more upside than Hill and will probably be on the team longer.

Probably not. We'll either draft a QB next year, stick with Hill, or go with Davis.

that is what nolan wanted a follower that would not challenge him but back him blindly.

nolan drafted a whole bunch of nolan guys that he could convince to buy in to his bulls**t.

that is why we are not debating wether smith is better then manning or brees or aaron rodgers.

instead we are talking about wether or not smith in year 5 can beat out shaun aint going nowere hill.

hill would not make many of the rosters as a 3rd stringer in the nfl and smith cant beat even him out.

Considering Smith hasn't played since early 2007 it's no surprise at all.Sing wanted to get a look at Smith after the sugeries and time off to see if he was ready to step up or not.He was not so he handed the job to Hill who clearly didn't out play Smith.So Shaun is the starter but it is not set in stone.Sing also got a long look at N.Davis who looked better than both of them.

If Smith was going to be cut by the 49ers they wouldn't have resigned him-[b]SIMPLE COMPREHENSION[/b]

Smith is younger and has more upside than Hill and will probably be on the team longer.

You have to take this into consideration though. By re-nogiating his contract to a much lower deal it made him easier to trade with the smaller contract.

Smith's youth is no longer even appealing. He is in the 5th year of the NFL and still hasn't mastered the fundamentals or basics of football. Go figure. Nate is better and might serve as a #3 making Smith no longer neccessary.

If he is gonna blossom, I doubt it. It should just happen on another team. A fresh start, new faces and maybe he can get comfortable somewhere.
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Sep 25, 2009 at 10:18 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

It is hard to see the light wearing rose colored glasses. I think I have tried explaining the same fact till I was blue in the face. It is useless lol. Some just don't get it or refuse to want to believe it.

Yeah so give it up because no one is convinced by your endless rants and riffraff(Alex this Alex that)

It is hard to see the light wearing rose colored glasses. I think I have tried explaining the same fact till I was blue in the face. It is useless lol. Some just don't get it or refuse to want to believe it.

Yeah so give it up because no one is convinced by your endless rants and riffraff(Alex this Alex that)

You don't have to listen to my riff raff. Just look at his play, lack of talent, stats, demeanor and poise it is easy to see. Mark Sanchez is a prime example, of the next level of talent coming out of college and a good barometer of how poor Smith plays.

Living in So Cal I watched all his games at USC and I knew he would translate well in the NFL because he played in a pro style offense. Even though he didn't start much more than a season.

Quite a few people in this forum disagreed with me but look at his ABILITIES transforming into the NFL. Alex played in a JUNK college offense and after 5 years he is still having trouble adapting to the speed of the NFL.

Hey look, I have a passion for winning and Alex just doesn't get it done. It isn't hating the player. We just can't win with him and I want to win. We need a real QB and he obviously doesn't bring much to the table.

Go niners!!!!
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Sep 25, 2009 at 10:37 PM ]

You don't have to listen to my riff raff. Just look at his play, lack of talent, stats, demeanor and poise it is easy to see. Mark Sanchez is a prime example, of the next level of talent coming out of college and a good barometer of how poor Smith plays.

Living in So Cal I watched all his games at USC and I knew he would translate well in the NFL because he played in a pro style offense. Even though he didn't start much more than a season.

Quite a few people in this forum disagreed with me but look at his ABILITIES transforming into the NFL. Alex played in a JUNK college offense and after 5 years he is still having trouble adapting to the speed of the NFL.

Hey look, I have a passion for winning and Alex just doesn't get it done. It isn't hating the player. We just can't win with him and I want to win. We need a real QB and he obviously doesn't bring much to the table.

Go niners!!!!

You are comparing Sanchez to Smith? Two totally different situations, the Jets are world better talent wise than any team Smith has had around him. Put Sanchez, or any other rookie QB on the 05 Niner squad and watch them suck every bit as bad. The lack of objectivity by some on this site borders on the ridiculous.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Alex Smith is a bum

Cut him already

Waste of a roster spot

I'd rather sign Brit Miller off of the practice squad to take his place and move M-rob to 3rd string QB.

Alex Smith = Biggest Bust in 49ers History.

The End.

Go Shaun Hill.

Not according to the 49ers

Who would I'd rather listen to-

a nobody named bigmike55 or... the San Francisco 49ers

You know the answer..

If you want to keep at it with the same old worn out dialogue then help yourself but remember,if Hill falters or is injured then the "biggest bust in 49ers history" will step right in!

enjoy

We should've held onto that Jim Druckenmiller guy
darn it!

Man, you and mr. Ceaddarbob have the two biggest man crushes on Alex Leaf on the zone. It's funny, yet sad at the same time. You guys talk about Alex Leaf as this all pro, perfect, young stud quarterback in the NFL. Either it is indeed a Super Man crush, or you guys are watching the wrong channel because the Alex Smith most of us are watching sucks balls.

Brit Miller would be more useful than Alex Leaf. At least we know he can score TDs.
lol....

alex smith has never been the best qb on the 49ers in any season were more then one qb has taken snaps.

he never beat out tim rattay or ken dorsey....he was handed the job becuase of his draft status.

he is still on the 49ers for the same reason.

you think aaron rodgers or sanchez would have any problem beating out tim rattay or shaun hill?

guys like rattay hill and smith cant even push their own offenses to an average lvl . THEY ARE THE WEAK LINK....

its hillarious that some fans think the rest of the team sucks but the qb is golden.

its even funnier when you watch the weapons these qbs could harness return to 1000 yard seasons after they leave
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by alburns:
9-3 win loss for SH vs 11-19 for AS (9-14 if you throw out his rookie season).

game over.

This is the only stat that matters

And that is why you will never be confused with someone who has anything more than passing knowledge of Football.

If it's not a W you're not interested in the whys and wherefores of the game.

Sad really.

~Ceadder

well ceadder...to be perfectly honest with you, it is WINS that matter...if u don't realize that by now...that is just sad
[ Edited by GORE-ILLA on Sep 26, 2009 at 7:59 AM ]
lol....

alex smith has never been the best qb on the 49ers in any season were more then one qb has taken snaps.

he never beat out tim rattay or ken dorsey....he was handed the job becuase of his draft status.

he is still on the 49ers for the same reason.

you think aaron rodgers or sanchez would have any problem beating out tim rattay or shaun hill?

guys like rattay hill and smith cant even push their own offenses to an average lvl . THEY ARE THE WEAK LINK....

its hillarious that some fans think the rest of the team sucks but the qb is golden.

its even funnier when you watch the weapons these qbs could harness return to 1000 yard seasons after they leave

You are wrong, he is still on the team because the guys that know a lot more about football than you do still think he can contribute.
Alex Smith is a bum

Cut him already

Waste of a roster spot

I'd rather sign Brit Miller off of the practice squad to take his place and move M-rob to 3rd string QB.

Alex Smith = Biggest Bust in 49ers History.

The End.

Go Shaun Hill.

Not according to the 49ers

Who would I'd rather listen to-

a nobody named bigmike55 or... the San Francisco 49ers

You know the answer..

If you want to keep at it with the same old worn out dialogue then help yourself but remember,if Hill falters or is injured then the "biggest bust in 49ers history" will step right in!

enjoy

We should've held onto that Jim Druckenmiller guy
darn it!

Man, you and mr. Ceaddarbob have the two biggest man crushes on Alex Leaf on the zone. It's funny, yet sad at the same time. You guys talk about Alex Leaf as this all pro, perfect, young stud quarterback in the NFL. Either it is indeed a Super Man crush, or you guys are watching the wrong channel because the Alex Smith most of us are watching sucks balls.

Brit Miller would be more useful than Alex Leaf. At least we know he can score TDs.

On the contrary people like you are obsessed with A.Smith so much you never stop talking about him,NEVER and all I do is simply respond to your threads which are 90% nonsense.Most of the time I don't even bother to.

It doesn't matter what you,I or anybody says,the 49ers resigned A.Smith to a agreed upon smaller contract because they still believe in him and know he's been through a rough first few years with a bad team/OC's/coaches that alot of young QB's would never go through.

It is what it is-A.Smith is the 2nd string QB for the San Francisco 49ers untill further notice

GO NINERS
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Go niners!!!!

You are comparing Sanchez to Smith? Two totally different situations, the Jets are world better talent wise than any team Smith has had around him. Put Sanchez, or any other rookie QB on the 05 Niner squad and watch them suck every bit as bad. The lack of objectivity by some on this site borders on the ridiculous.

This is such a lame Alexcuse. It gives absolutely zero credit to the QB in question.

All QBs are not created equal. It's not all about the environment they're in. Some are inherently better than others.

Why is this concept so hard to follow?
Alex is still making more money than Shaun, LOL... stick that in your pipe and smoke it, haters.
Originally posted by GORE-ILLA:
Originally posted by excelsior:
Much of these opinions of Hill are premature. We will not really know what we have until he has gone up against the best teams in the conference - NYG, NO, DAL, MINN, and GB. We will be able to see him against MINN and GB.

I have nothing against Shaun; in fact. I like him as a person and wish him well. But those who want the 49ers to return to prominence will turn against Hill if he cannot pull wins out against the teams we need to beat to get into the SB.

Frankly, our defense has allowed us to win so far this year. If our defense was less dominent, we would not have scored enough points to win. In fact, if Gore had not pulled off two incredible runs of 79 and 80 yds - something that has only been done once before in the history of the NFL - then we would have probably lost. In which case, the slogan "Hill is a winner" would have gone down in flames.

Okay I'll bite.

Do YOU think that Hill can do the job against the Bears, Indy, Titans, Packers, Jags, Texans, Iggles, Az, and a healthy Seahawk D in Sheattle?!?

Oh and let's not forget that we play the Vikes this week.

I see a L in 3/4 of those games if we have to continue to rely on our Defense to carry the team. The one glaring team that we have to dominate in that list is Indy. They are using ROOKIES on Offense(other than Clark) and just kicked the hell out of the Fins Defense over the most lopsided ToP for a winning team to overcome. 15 freakin minutes of total ToP. Their equalizer of course is Manning but their Defense was GASSED at the 3rd Quarter. Freeney looked like he was married to the O2 bottle on the sideline.

Now I admit he COULD surprise us and turn into the 2nd coming of Montana over that stretch of games, but I just don't see it.

Originally posted by BigDaddy:

Didn't Alex get to use the "SAME" WR's in the preseason?

Yup.
~Ceadder

i think your the biggest Alex Smith supporter on the zone...let me guess u voted for Obama also....hmmmm blind devotion

Wow, I'm just amazed.

I bet when you read anything about the guy this is what you see...

"Alex Smith

"

And then you immediately think that the person is a supporter of Smith.

Well guess what I support ALL the players. They are the team that I grew up cheering for and they WILL be the team that is still here when my timecard is punched.

As far as Obama? I'm not so easily fooled. A candidate can run on the word "change", but he has to know what he is talking about and how he's going to IMPLEMENT the change that he is talking about. He should be able to tell me you and the rest of the country in some small measure as to how he intends this.

It's one thing to about it it's another entirely to get it done. My mind is still open on this guy but he's quickly losing any support that I might otherwise have for the person holding the Office.

To answer your question? No. I did not vote for Obama. He went ALL the way through the debates without telling us what his ideals were for the seat. Now he's in and still we don't know the man other than his photo ops. The guy honestly thinks that he's JFfrigginK reincarnated it seems.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Go niners!!!!

This is such a lame Alexcuse. It gives absolutely zero credit to the QB in question.

All QBs are not created equal. It's not all about the environment they're in. Some are inherently better than others.

Why is this concept so hard to follow?

So let me get this straight, you honestly believe that if Sanchez was playing on the 05 Niners team, we would have gotten different results? Why don't you send me some of that stuff you are smoking, I could use a break from reality too. He is in a much better spot to succeed than Smith was put into, there is no valid argument that I can think of to show otherwise...do you have one?

Most top pick QB's do not do well because they are usually drafted by the worst teams, in our case we also had some pretty bad coaches trying to develop said player. Sure there are exceptions, but they are few and far between.

Environment is everything with a rookie QB, if you do not have help, you are going to struggle, why is this concept so hard for you to follow?

Please refrain from criticizing until you can quit using such a stupid word as Alexcuse, that gives zero credit to your vocabulary.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by alburns:
9-3 win loss for SH vs 11-19 for AS (9-14 if you throw out his rookie season).

game over.

This is the only stat that matters

And that is why you will never be confused with someone who has anything more than passing knowledge of Football.

If it's not a W you're not interested in the whys and wherefores of the game.

Sad really.

~Ceadder

What the hell are you talking about here? Do you want stats? Every stat says that Hill is the better QB PASSING the ball as well. QB Rating? Yards per game? TDs to INTs? YPA?

NOTHING says Alex Smith is a better QB. Wins, losses, stats. EVERYTHING points to Hill being the more successful and BETTER QB...which he is.

Red Zone stats beat those stats every day of the week and three times on Sundays.

Don't believe me? What do those stats show you? Nothing but an overall picture. What do RED ZONE stats tell you?

They tell you how many times in the red zone you completed the drive favorably. Smith has better RZ stats.

Ask brothers Matt what their stats are. I don't have them at the moment and am looking for them, but the last time I read them Smith has scored more TDs' than Hill.

I could give a flyin truckall about the rest. Gimme TDs' or gimme death.

~Ceadder

Why stop there ? Alex Smith has a higher QB rating between the 40 and 50 yard line hashmarks. Go ahead. Check the stats. Smith is wayyyyyy better than Hill, and those 10 yards prove it.

As Senor Starkey would say...

If you can't see which is a more important statistical analysis, QB Rating or Red Zone percentage, well there is nothing that anyone can do to help you.

Seriously though I meant to just ignore you and then you come up with yet another gem of wasted brainpower. My first thought when I read it was "I know he can't be that obtuse", but hey maybe you are and maybe I just gave you too much BotD. I know you are smarter than that, right?

~Ceadder