There are 153 users in the forums

Are we 2-0 if Alex was starting?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are we 2-0 if Alex was starting?

Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
No, we'd be 0-2 if Alex was starting.

Go Shaun Hill

Team was not as good in 2007 and was 2-0 with Alex starting.

That season ended well!

Go Shaun Hill

Can you honestly say in your heart of hearts that Alex was the reason we started 2-0 in 07? We had a defense that wasn't tired and Gore was a beast...Like another poster said. This argument is futile and i'll add worthless which is why I am upset that I am always taking part in this nonsense. ALEX SUCKS. It is year 5 get over it people.
I think it's funny that this debate still rages on after 17 pages. Lol
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

I know huh. Smith is 5 years into his career and he still doesn't know the fundamentals well but regardless there will be people saying FREE ALEX.

And there will be others, like me that want him shipped out and see him as a waste of a roster spot.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
No, we'd be 0-2 if Alex was starting. Go Shaun Hill
Can you honestly say in your heart of hearts that Alex was the reason we started 2-0 in 07? We had a defense that wasn't tired and Gore was a beast...Like another poster said. This argument is futile and i'll add worthless which is why I am upset that I am always taking part in this nonsense. ALEX SUCKS. It is year 5 get over it people.

gore had 2 tds in the stl game but in the az game smith was the reason we won. and thats the same defense with derek cyclops smith, mark roman starting, no olbs, and arnaz battle was our best reciever. nice revisionist history though.

seriously i like shaun hill and i want him to do well but people making stuff up because they hate alex smith is ridiculous. actin like this is the same team from 2 years ago is ridiculous. young players have matured, we have a different oc and hc, we have 3 different starters on the ol, willis is way better, we added takeo, etc.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

I know huh. Smith is 5 years into his career and he still doesn't know the fundamentals well but regardless there will be people saying FREE ALEX.

And there will be others, like me that want him shipped out and see him as a waste of a roster spot.

I hear you. I was a supporter, but not any more. Of coarse, if something happened to Hill and he got the call, I would wish him the best. Niners first, you know. But if we go after a QB next season, it will be Smith's turn to go the way of the now extinct Huard-Bird.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

gore had 2 tds in the stl game but in the az game smith was the reason we won. and thats the same defense with derek cyclops smith, mark roman starting, no olbs, and arnaz battle was our best reciever. nice revisionist history though.

seriously i like shaun hill and i want him to do well but people making stuff up because they hate alex smith is ridiculous. actin like this is the same team from 2 years ago is ridiculous. young players have matured, we have a different oc and hc, we have 3 different starters on the ol, willis is way better, we added takeo, etc.

None of that takes away from the fact that Smith is the 3rd best QB in an un-impressive trio. Smith drops back, rolls right, throws out of bounds....sound familiar??

None of that takes away from the fact that Smith is the 3rd best QB in an un-impressive trio. Smith drops back, rolls right, throws out of bounds....sound familiar??

Yes it does.

You cant say that Smith was the reason we won that game when he was the main reason that our offense was completely inept all night therebye giving AZ the opportunity to steal the game.
no, and don't care

No he wasnt the main reason our offense was inept that game. remember jim hostler? remember kwame harris and jonas jennings? iirc kwame played when jj got injured, could be wrong on that. darrel jackson dropped passes that were in his hands, battle fumbled a td at the one, our 3rd and 4th recievers were taylor jacobs and gilmore. seriously, how can you guys act like that team was any good?
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by alburns:
9-3 win loss for SH vs 11-19 for AS (9-14 if you throw out his rookie season).

game over.

This is the only stat that matters

And that is why you will never be confused with someone who has anything more than passing knowledge of Football.

If it's not a W you're not interested in the whys and wherefores of the game.

Sad really.

~Ceadder

What the hell are you talking about here? Do you want stats? Every stat says that Hill is the better QB PASSING the ball as well. QB Rating? Yards per game? TDs to INTs? YPA?

NOTHING says Alex Smith is a better QB. Wins, losses, stats. EVERYTHING points to Hill being the more successful and BETTER QB...which he is.

Red Zone stats beat those stats every day of the week and three times on Sundays.

Don't believe me? What do those stats show you? Nothing but an overall picture. What do RED ZONE stats tell you?

They tell you how many times in the red zone you completed the drive favorably. Smith has better RZ stats.

Ask brothers Matt what their stats are. I don't have them at the moment and am looking for them, but the last time I read them Smith has scored more TDs' than Hill.

I could give a flyin truckall about the rest. Gimme TDs' or gimme death.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Go Shaun Hill

That season ended well!

Smith separated his shoulder in game three.
No he wasnt the main reason our offense was inept that game. remember jim hostler? remember kwame harris and jonas jennings? iirc kwame played when jj got injured, could be wrong on that. darrel jackson dropped passes that were in his hands, battle fumbled a td at the one, our 3rd and 4th recievers were taylor jacobs and gilmore. seriously, how can you guys act like that team was any good?

That last drive was all Smith. How many balls did Jackson drop in that game? How inspiring was the play calling of Hostler? Was that a great game for the O-Line. My memory is a lot, no and no. But my clearest memory of that game is Smith putting it on his shoulder's and winning it.

Cause didn't you know that Smith was sposed to Jedi mindf*ck them into playing better than they normally do? Seriously that's what people round here think.

If Smith can't get the best from his unit it's his fault and nobody else's. Hell I shoulda known things were going to go south for us that season. I've been watching DJack since he came up with Seattle. That guy has a pair of stone hands so they wouldn't let him take the Ferry to the Island, for fear he might fall overboard and drown.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone