LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Are we 2-0 if Alex was starting?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are we 2-0 if Alex was starting?

As much as I have given up on small hands I think we'd still be 2-0. Shaun Hill was steady and consistent when he needed to be but had a bunch of plays disrupted because of his pocket presence and side armed delivery. I think Alex, against the Cards and Hawks would do a little better in the passing game and hence, we'd still probably win and be 2-0.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
As much as I have given up on small hands I think we'd still be 2-0. Shaun Hill was steady and consistent when he needed to be but had a bunch of plays disrupted because of his pocket presence and side armed delivery. I think Alex, against the Cards and Hawks would do a little better in the passing game and hence, we'd still probably win and be 2-0.

Who could say, but we would have at least 1 or 2 ints thrown by now. If that would have happened in the Tard game, we could have lost. But who knows.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Who could say, but we would have at least 1 or 2 ints thrown by now. If that would have happened in the Tard game, we could have lost. But who knows.

Hill dodged a few bullets with his passing and he looked like JTO on that one fumble play.

Yeah who knows...I'm just thinking back also to those two wins Alex had against both the Hawks and Turds in 06 and 07.
Hill has not played bad, but he hasn't played good either. In some ways I feel like he could be holding us back. But the reality is that we are 2-0 so you will hear no complaints from me.
Alex would have done no worse than what Hill has shown to date and maybe a bit better since Alex skills would open up the passing game. Certainly Morgan would have caught more medium to deep balls by now.

Like Hill... but clearly he simply has to prove he can do much more than he has.
Already been done. The year after Alex took us to a 7-9 record, he started 2-0. Bertrand Berry sat on his shoulder, and the rest is history.

Props to Hill for winning more convincingly. He has a more talented team around him, to be fair though.

Alex is talented & has a lot of upside. I hate how much venom people have for him in the Bay.
Meh, who cares about "what if the backups were playing?" when they are 2-0?
No, we'd be 0-2 if Alex was starting.

Go Shaun Hill
Originally posted by bigmike55:
No, we'd be 0-2 if Alex was starting.

Go Shaun Hill

i second that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go hill!!!!!!!!!!
  • 505_Niner
  • Info N/A
I say yes. Hill has done an good job of managing the offense and has yet to really scare any teams with his arm. I will give him some credit for his long drive in AZ, but our defense, along with Gore, have won us these first two games. I'm satisfied with Hill, but if Smith was playing then MAYBE our passing offense wouldn't be ranked 30th in the league. But as long as we keep on winning, ugly or not, I'm pleased!

It's possible we are 2-0 under Alex's command. Who knows?
  • Mex49
Originally posted by HowardStern:
Already been done. The year after Alex took us to a 7-9 record, he started 2-0. Bertrand Berry sat on his shoulder, and the rest is history.

Props to Hill for winning more convincingly. He has a more talented team around him, to be fair though.

Alex is talented & has a lot of upside. I hate how much venom people have for him in the Bay.
no. Smith would make major mistakes with the ball in his hands. Fumbles, incompletions, etc...
Originally posted by HowardStern:

How do you figure Shaun has a more talented team around him? It's basically the same exact team. Fact of the matter is the O-line was probably better under Alex. Then we had big Larry and there was Smiley(I believe). So all in all it's really a wash. People just refuse to admit Shaun is a better overall QB. Alex never really had a fair chance in the training camp competition, Alex didn't have as much talent around him, Alex has had blah-blah number of OC's in blah-blah number of years, Alex is still the youngest, Alex is this, Alex is that. F.Y.I. Shaun plays under the "SAME" conditions.
Share 49ersWebzone